A collection of love, romance and relationships resources including advice, poetry, quotes, dedications, chat, horoscopes, romantic ideas, message boards, free love postcards and much more!!
What's New Today on LYC...
Monthly Romance Calendar
Forum Quick Links:   Forum Home   |   My Home Page   |   My Inbox   |   My Calendar   |   Find Members   |   FAQ   |   Terms  
Popular Forums:   LYC Chat   |   Love Advice   |   Sexually Speaking   |   Military Spouses   |   Online Romance   |   Ask A Male   |   LDR   |   Holidays  
Lovingyou.com > Pillow Talk > Sexual Health > Women's Issues > Is douching really that bad?!
Is douching really that bad?! Question posted: 11/18/04 at 10:39 AM

phyxation  [more]
IP: Logged
 Group: Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
I knew that douching isn't something that should be done on a regular basis, and more than 2 times a week can do damage, but I just douched for the first time because of that discharge or whatever it was that I had coming out of me to see if I could help get rid of it, to 'clean me out' so to speak.

I don't plan on douching often, maybe maybe maybe once after my period, because I feel super-clean right now. But I, like a moron, was doing my research a little too late, which was after I douched (Which I used just a water-vinegar based, I didn't think that perfumed would be good for such a sensitive area.). What I've read has been nothing but horrible.

Also, products such as Summer's Eve line of feminine care didn't get such rave reviews and I've been thinking of purchasing some of those cleansers, simply because I do have a natural scent that I don't care for, and I bathe regularly and use Dove soap, which is really mild.
It isn't such a bad scent that my boyfriend is turned off by it, but I guess its just that I don't care for it.

So, who of you douche? How often, and what effects have you had?

And how many of you use products such as Summer's Eve, and what have you experienced with it?

Any reccomendations besides mild soap and warm water?

----------
phyxation
The current mood of phyxation26 at www.imood.com
All you computer geeks, please support my man's site: http://www.casecreations.net

WE JUST GOT MARRIED!!! 9/17/05

click to: respond to this topic

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 11/18/04 at 11:20 AM

zoeyangel67  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
My mom who is a nurse told me that it is a bad thing to do....she stated that your body has it's own reflex for cleansing us out down there...I have never used a douche...but I have used the summers eve wipes after my period and it makes me feel clean...

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 11/18/04 at 11:39 AM

Ladybug  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I have never had any problems from using the Summers Eve products nor from douching. I will use the deoderant spray and wash while I am on my cycle and then douche after my cycle has ended. The rest of the time I just use my regular body wash. I wouldn't recommend using these products all of the time though. Using too often could result in urinary tract infection or vaginal infections. I am usually very sensitive to soaps and such but I haven't noticed any kind of irritation even from using these products. Again though I don't use them on a daily basis either. It is really kind of a personal choice and knowing your body and whether or not you can use them safely without reaction or not.

posted: 11/18/04 at 9:03 PM

l_elena_r  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Once in a while it is good to douche with sodium biccarbonate (a teaspoonfull or two in all the warm liquid of the douching set). My doctor taught it to me, it is good for restoring a normal Ph.

----------
Elena

"Don't worry, be happy!"

posted: 11/21/04 at 9:36 AM

ml_barber  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I have douched a couple of times, and when i wen't to the clinic for my yearly pap i told the doc that i did it a couple of times. She said it's not good to do b/c it gets rid of all of your natural fluids that you need and that your vagina cleans itself. So as soon as she told me that i put a stop to that..i have these wipes that i just use during my period that help me feel clean when i don't so much

posted: 11/21/04 at 10:06 AM

Luftballoons  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I'd never douche and don't wash with anything other than mild soap and water on the outside folds. Sure, I have a bit of natural smell.....but really, it's not supposed to smell like peaches or raspberries or "seascape" or whatever. It's a vagina.

----------
The Animal Rescue Site; one click a day feeds animals in need!

posted: 11/21/04 at 10:48 AM

Courtney  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
LOL @ Luft. Sorry, those last couple lines struck me as funny.

----------
1.9.01 - -> 4.14.03 - -> 9.17.05

9.17.2005 -- the day I married my best friend --

posted: 11/21/04 at 11:35 AM
bunni  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
ok i feel stupid...........what the hell is douching??!!

posted: 11/21/04 at 11:38 AM

girly  [more]
 Group:  
Make Buddy | PM User
douching encourages bacterial infections... but just like with anything else, your results wont necessarily be that of another woman's. you could douche every day until the day you die and never get an infection whereas another woman might get infections from something as simple as soap.

discharge is evidence of your vagina cleansing itself and keeping itself regulated (much like the saliva does for your mouth.) it's supposed to be there. if you're at that time of the month where you have a lot of it, try going to the bathroom and wiping some of it away or wearing pantiliners.

unless you have an infection or a diet of strong spices, your smell shouldnt be obvious or particularly noticeable. the smell of a healthy vagina is a clean, "soapy" smell.

----------

hold the S because i am an AINT - marilyn manson

i love john

posted: 11/21/04 at 2:58 PM

banarabbyt1  [more]
 Group: Comm Director Assistant 
Make Buddy | PM User
I wouldn't do it, that discharge is their because your vagina is cleaning itself. It it smells very bad and is very thick, and I mean extremely, then you might have a problem that your gyno should know about, don't douche.

----------
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Notice: Use this form ONLY if you are already a member! New users, register for free here!
Notice: This is our quick reply form, for all reply options such as smilies, HTML and more, click here!
Fast Reply:
Your User Name:    Want to register?
Your Password:    Forgotten your password?
Subject: (Optional)
Show Signature: include your profile signature.
 Notice: By submitting to this site, you agree to these terms of use.
Forum Options:
· Save this topic to my favorites (subscribed)!

· Email this topic to a friend!
Rate This Thread:

Back To: Lovingyou.com > Pillow Talk > Sexual Health > Women's Issues > Is douching really that bad?!

LOVINGYOU.COM SITE MAP
LOVE:  Communication | Affairs | Dating | Getting Serious | Getting Married | Break Ups | Loving Yourself | Support Groups | Dear Love
ROMANCE:  Romance 101 | Ideas | Date Nights | Recipes for Two | Romantic Travel | Craft Ideas | Holidays & Celebrations
PASSION:  Lovemaking 101 | Passion Play | Loverotica | Ask Aphrodite | Pillow Talk
INSPIRATION:  Love Poetry | Love Letters | Love Quotes | Love Stories | Dedications | Printables | Lovescopes | eCards
   Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Writer's Guidelines | Suggestions

Lovingyou.com, Inc.SM All rights reserved.

Message board powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000, 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

SheKnows Lifestyles