A collection of love, romance and relationships resources including advice, poetry, quotes, dedications, chat, horoscopes, romantic ideas, message boards, free love postcards and much more!!
What's New Today on LYC...
Monthly Romance Calendar
Forum Quick Links:   Forum Home   |   My Home Page   |   My Inbox   |   My Calendar   |   Find Members   |   FAQ   |   Terms  
Popular Forums:   LYC Chat   |   Love Advice   |   Sexually Speaking   |   Military Spouses   |   Online Romance   |   Ask A Male   |   LDR   |   Holidays  
Lovingyou.com > Love Advice & Tips > Life Advice > Stepbrother is in love with me
Stepbrother is in love with me posted: 11/17/04 at 6:28 AM

specialk79  [more]
IP: Logged
 Group: New Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
I have a problem that I really need some advice on and I don't know who to turn to for advice. My stepbrother and I have known each other for 14 years. When we met we were both teenagers and now of course we are two adults he is 5 years older than me but that is ok. The problem is we have not seen each other in 13 years and we recently talked to each other. During the time that we did see each other we lived under the same roof for 3 months. I have to be honest to say that we did have a little something going on but that was way back when before our parents were married. Our parents have been together for 15 years and have been married for 9. During the time that they have been married we never once lived under the same roof, we never even seen each other, we only talked on the phone here and there. What I'm asking is now being that our parents are married even if we wanted to what kind of relationship can we have he has already expressed to me that he would like to have a life with me and I guess I haven't said much about it because of the whole thing of our parents being married. We are both at the age where we are ready to settle down and I know if I should think about my happiness or starting drama in the family. I mean it is very confusing even though we are suppose to be step brother and sister we were never raised that way for the simple fact that we never lived together. When we first met when we were kids we were put together after only meeting each other 1 time. I do have feelings for him but I don't know what to do. Please if you can give me some advice. Thanks

click to: respond to this topic

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 11/17/04 at 7:20 AM

zoeyangel67  [more]
 Group: Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
I don't think you have to justify anything. You two are NOT related by any means...I can give this senario: I am with my b/f Andy..say his mom is single and my dad is single and we think they would make a grand pair..so we set them up, they hit it off and get married...that would not change anything for Andy and me...do you see what I mean? There is nothing to hide about your relationship...you are both grown adults...I say go for it! I am sure both your parents (step and bio) would be happy that each of you has found someone that treats you well and loves you...

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 11/17/04 at 1:27 PM

banarabbyt1  [more]
 Group: Comm Director Assistant 
Make Buddy | PM User
Does your brother happen to be on this site? I swear this is a guy here who says he loves his stepsister, never lived with her, parents have only been married a few years, etc. I think I would go for it, even though technically you two are step bro and sis, you never lived together or anything to where you acted like bro and sis, but I would make sure you really think this will work cuz it might put strain on the family and if you guys had a bad break up it would be hard because its not like you guys can just stop seeing each other cuz you would always see each other at family functions and what not.

----------
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

posted: 11/17/04 at 11:18 PM

dannysgirl08  [more]
 Group: New Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
I say go for it... No relation at all and if you do truly have feelings for him then you should go for it.

posted: 11/18/04 at 1:35 PM

msch3rrylips  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I dont see any problem in here. You are not related. Absolutely nothing wrong if you choose to have a relationship with him.

----------
I'll take all of love's pain, if it means I might get to feel some of love's happiness.---- felicity

posted: 11/18/04 at 3:05 PM

SilvaStar  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
see the movie Lone Star State of Mind....i highly recommend it! =)

Notice: Use this form ONLY if you are already a member! New users, register for free here!
Notice: This is our quick reply form, for all reply options such as smilies, HTML and more, click here!
Fast Reply:
Your User Name:    Want to register?
Your Password:    Forgotten your password?
Subject: (Optional)
Show Signature: include your profile signature.
 Notice: By submitting to this site, you agree to these terms of use.
Forum Options:
· Save this topic to my favorites (subscribed)!

· Email this topic to a friend!
Rate This Thread:

Back To: Lovingyou.com > Love Advice & Tips > Life Advice > Stepbrother is in love with me

LOVINGYOU.COM SITE MAP
LOVE:  Communication | Affairs | Dating | Getting Serious | Getting Married | Break Ups | Loving Yourself | Support Groups | Dear Love
ROMANCE:  Romance 101 | Ideas | Date Nights | Recipes for Two | Romantic Travel | Craft Ideas | Holidays & Celebrations
PASSION:  Lovemaking 101 | Passion Play | Loverotica | Ask Aphrodite | Pillow Talk
INSPIRATION:  Love Poetry | Love Letters | Love Quotes | Love Stories | Dedications | Printables | Lovescopes | eCards
   Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Writer's Guidelines | Suggestions

Lovingyou.com, Inc.SM All rights reserved.

Message board powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000, 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

SheKnows Lifestyles