A collection of love, romance and relationships resources including advice, poetry, quotes, dedications, chat, horoscopes, romantic ideas, message boards, free love postcards and much more!!
What's New Today on LYC...
Monthly Romance Calendar
Forum Quick Links:   Forum Home   |   My Home Page   |   My Inbox   |   My Calendar   |   Find Members   |   FAQ   |   Terms  
Popular Forums:   LYC Chat   |   Love Advice   |   Sexually Speaking   |   Military Spouses   |   Online Romance   |   Ask A Male   |   LDR   |   Holidays  
Lovingyou.com > Lovingyou.com > The Lounge > Do you pay attention to your dreams?
Do you pay attention to your dreams? posted: 08/20/12 at 6:50 PM

Gail65  [more]
IP: Logged
 Group: Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
Do you see a parallel with your dreams and the current issues in your life?

Last night I had a series of short little dreams that have me wonder....

1. I was in a car backing up from my parents driveway. I hit the car behind, that hit the car behind, that hit 2 cars in the street and when I got out of the car every body was mad at me.

Then

2. I was in some kind of family reunion but with lots of people I did not know. I went to the main table to prepare myself a plate and I was told 'too bad, no food is left'.

Then

3. I cannot find my purse, can't find my laptop, can't find my phone. Everything I look for is lost.

I got up this morning with the feeling WHAT THE!!!

click to: respond to this topic

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 08/21/12 at 3:07 AM

fair_is_fair  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I always pay attention to my dreams when I remember them. Sometimes Ill wake up, break out the laptop (its always next to me o the nightstand when I go to bed) and type furiously every intricate detail before I go back to sleep. In the morning I reread everything I wrote and then think on it.

Sounds like you are feeling a bit like the outcast here. Anything going on that would make you feel that way?

----------
When I am at work, its like I am Iron Man...I feel invincible when I don the armor of success....

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 08/21/12 at 3:37 AM

Gail65  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I should keep something on my nightstand and write those dreams down. As I wrote this thread this morning it reminded me of a 4th short dream on top of those. I had introduced Will to my mother and when he left the room she looked at me and said: What's wrong with you??

The word outcast is interesting. I did not have much time to think about it since the morning. At first look in every dream there was a feeling of the situation being unfair to me.

Lately I have been dreaming a lot about my phone. It's missing or when I finally find it the screen is broken. To me my phone in my dream has to symbolize 'communication'.

posted: 08/21/12 at 11:02 AM

Lydyo  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
No, I don't pay any attention to dreams. I hardly remember them when I awake and, if I do, I usually can't associate them with anything in my life.

I once had a dream that my business partner drove his car off a cliff. That really spooked me. I woke up and called him up at something like 3 AM. He was fine, but kinda annoyed with me the next day.

----------
Lydia
~~~~~~
"It's the heart afraid of breaking that never learns to dance.
It's the dream afraid of waking that never takes the chance."
–Amanda McBroom: The Rose

posted: 08/21/12 at 12:23 PM

fair_is_fair  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
This is what the dream dictionary says:

Cell Phone

To see or use a cell phone in your dream indicates that you are being receptive to new information. It also represents your mobility. Alternatively, the dream signifies lack of understanding. Perhaps you are having difficulties getting through to someone.

To dream that you lost your cell phone represents a lack of communication. You have lost touch with some aspect of your feelings or your Self. If you find a cell phone, then it symbolizes reconnection and reopened communication.

----------
When I am at work, its like I am Iron Man...I feel invincible when I don the armor of success....

posted: 08/21/12 at 12:51 PM

Riri Kyusai  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Depends really. Mostly no. A lot of the times my dreams are very
very
very
phook up and they jump from one dream to another and has nothing in common at all. like at least yours is 'negativity energy' in all your dreams lol ,mine is more like erm yesterday ,I woke up with this bizarre dream

I dreamed that I was at school and we just finished doing the gym class. I was in a changing room when next thing I know,I was having sex with some guy in there. then it moved to I was home and turned out my youngest sister was my girlfriend.It's like we've been secretly involved with each other since we found out she's adopted. and I tried to break up with her and since we've been fighting a lot and at same time I had a bf too.

Or the one time I dreamed about how I was saving people from flooding like NOAH AND THE ARK.there was an ark too in my dream ;o . My 'the end of the world' dreams will beat those post apocalypse movies I am telling you.

I only start to look into it if It's a continuous dream. Like same dream for couple nights then I'd be more wary of it. Like I dreamed that my youngest sister was drowned few nights in a row. One dream was so real that I woke up shaking real bad and it's worse coz it's like the scene of titanic !where Kate left jack hands go and saw his dead face. I saw her dead face and it spooked me. A week after I had that dream she told me she's going to BALI for vacation and my dad had a dream bout her drowning so I told her the same thing. We kinda told her to not go play in the ocean since she can't swim.

I dream bout my own death a lot. Like one time I actually see my dead body and face in a coffin.

----------
To the question of u'r life, u r the only answer. To the problems of u'r life, u r the only solution.

Nobody is perfect and I am nobody. That's why, i am perfect.

Photobucket

posted: 08/22/12 at 4:57 AM

banarabbyt1  [more]
 Group: Comm Director Assistant 
Make Buddy | PM User
Yes I pay attention to my dreams- they mean a lot, and it's not just about looking up elements of a dream, but about the feel and thought overall.

Your car accident and everyone being mad at you means you have a lot of anxiety and are probably pushing yourself too hard. Maybe you feel people are frustrated/mad at you and what you are doing as well.

The family reunion one, you said you felt things were unfair to you, I think that's the big message of the dream, you are feeling possibly that life overall has been unfair to you, maybe you even think others have a better life than you? Maybe not in all aspects, but in some?

Cell phones can mean communication, BUT you also said you lost a purse and laptop, things that tie with money, things that tie with security, so maybe you are feeling insecure?

Overall I get insecurity, unhappiness, fear, anxiety, and frustration from your dreams.

----------
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

posted: 08/22/12 at 7:34 AM

Katie S.  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Sometimes dreams reflect thoughts or what is going on in one's life. Years ago when I was in college, I worked as a waitress and I would sometimes have dreams about waiting tables and then having no idea who ordered what--and since I have not waited tables for decades, I have not had such dreams. When I was younger, I used to have dreams about being pregnant---I no longer have such dreams because it's not really possible now. I used to also have dreams about my deceased mother a lot when I was younger. But more recently not so much. Shortly after my last relationship ended, I had dreams about my ex, and those have stopped.

I also notice that when I've taken my blood pressure medication at night, I have more vivid dreams, but not at all when I take the medication in the morning. So I also think the onset or vividness of dreams relate to chemical/hormonal fluctuations as well.

One thing I've always found interesting is that I would often have dreams with all sort of people in it. Like I am at a mall or store or restaurant in my dream and I can see the people's faces--very vividly yet they are all strangers. I just wonder who these people are? Are they memories of people I have seem in my real life at some point? Who are they? They are all so distinct--yet strangers I've never seen before. Does anyone else have this experience in their dreams?

----------
Live in a way that leaves no regrets.
Strive most to understand what you fear most.
To change our lives, we must first change our minds.

posted: 08/22/12 at 11:18 AM

wildsnake88  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I think there are 2 school of thoughts here.Some people believe that dreams reflect your current situations and others believe dreams are just the opposite, so its up to you to interpret your dreams.

Generally, i dont pay too much attention to dreams and most of the time i cant remember much details of my dreams when i woke up,lol but i do feel bother if i keep having the same dreams for nights.

Once i dreamt i fail my literature paper and my mum was disappointed with me(in the dream) i had the same dream for 3nights in a row but in reality, i passed the paper with flying colours, perhaps i was stressed about the school exams and my dream was trying to tell me something.

----------
"I Thank Mother Nature For The GOOD Venom To DESTROY EVIL! They FEAR The SNAKE, Like They FEAR WISDOM." ♥WildSnake♥

FACTS: Stay Faithful Or Stay Single. Smart Women Know How To Love, SMARTER Women Know WHO To Love!

"It Isn't REAL Love Until You Found Someone Who Will Love You FAITHFULLY And Always Be There For You.TRUE Hearts DON'T Cheat!"

"BE True, BE Real, BE YOU!"
*** Read My (Latest) Blog On Profile ***
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

posted: 08/22/12 at 5:04 PM

Cloud1212  [more]
 Group: Forum moderator 
Make Buddy | PM User
quote:
Originally posted by Katie S.
One thing I've always found interesting is that I would often have dreams with all sort of people in it. Like I am at a mall or store or restaurant in my dream and I can see the people's faces--very vividly yet they are all strangers. I just wonder who these people are? Are they memories of people I have seem in my real life at some point? Who are they? They are all so distinct--yet strangers I've never seen before. Does anyone else have this experience in their dreams?

This happens to me a lot as well. Neurologically speaking, the data which is being processed by the brain whilst dreaming is essentially random, it arises from a series of disconnected "thoughts" and "visual imagery" located across the vast spectrum of our neural hub. The only reason we at times detect structure and narrative to our dreams as if it relates to our lives is because certain anatomical parts of the brain functions in a way which makes it so. So the reason why we see strangers in our dreams might simply be random data which the brain has stored and as a result of the brain's anatomy, this useless data is given visual and vivid form while dreaming. Though its really all just conjecture, science is still more or less clueless about the functional content of dreams and as such, dream interpretation doesn't have much place in scientific discourse - its up to us how we interpret them.

As for myself, I don't think dreams have any inherent "meaning" in the sense that there is no metaphysical or teleological component to it. Whether we're awake or asleep, its still the same brain functioning, dreams simply have the potential to tap into unique stored data which our brains might not consciously process whilst awake. Though this not to say we ourselves can't be creative and give our dreams our own meaning as a way to better understand ourselves. Any data which the brain process, whether it be awake or dreaming, can be used by us as a stimulant to think differently about our lives and perhaps figure out something about ourselves we normally don't pay much attention too. Imo, the reason dreams have so much more allure is because of its mysterious and deeply personal nature. Though mediums such as art can be used much the same way we use dreams to think differently about our lives.

From personal experience, I've found dreams to be quite therapeutic. Much of my dreams deals with addressing aspects of my life which I've neglected or have been troubled by, thus I find dreams to be helpful with being honest with myself. For example, recently a close Uncle of mine died at quite a young age and this event triggered somber thoughts of my own mortality. Reflecting on the nature of death, I once again came to the same conclusion I did years ago on this exact topic - that its a meaningless concept to think about. While I understood this intellectually, it never registered emotionally until I actually dreamt about death. I dreamt I died a very painful death and yet in some strange way, I felt a sense of peace, I had accepted my fate for what it was. It was nice and meaningful way to end my flirtation with the concept of death, at least for now.

Interesting thread btw, as I said before, dreams carry a certain allure by virtue of being so inexplicable.

----------
"A life with love will have many thorns, but a life without love will have no roses." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"I am persuaded that every time a man smiles - but much more so when he laughs - it adds something to this fragment of life."
- Laurence Sterne

"Wherever your life ends, it is all there. The advantage of living is not measured by length, but by use; some men have lived long, and lived little; attend to it while you are in it. It lies in your will, not in the number of years, for you to have lived enough."
- Michel de Montaigne

More On Page: (1) 2 »

Notice: Use this form ONLY if you are already a member! New users, register for free here!
Notice: This is our quick reply form, for all reply options such as smilies, HTML and more, click here!
Fast Reply:
Your User Name:    Want to register?
Your Password:    Forgotten your password?
Subject: (Optional)
Show Signature: include your profile signature.
 Notice: By submitting to this site, you agree to these terms of use.
Forum Options:
· Save this topic to my favorites (subscribed)!

· Email this topic to a friend!
Rate This Thread:

Back To: Lovingyou.com > Lovingyou.com > The Lounge > Do you pay attention to your dreams?

LOVINGYOU.COM SITE MAP
LOVE:  Communication | Affairs | Dating | Getting Serious | Getting Married | Break Ups | Loving Yourself | Support Groups | Dear Love
ROMANCE:  Romance 101 | Ideas | Date Nights | Recipes for Two | Romantic Travel | Craft Ideas | Holidays & Celebrations
PASSION:  Lovemaking 101 | Passion Play | Loverotica | Ask Aphrodite | Pillow Talk
INSPIRATION:  Love Poetry | Love Letters | Love Quotes | Love Stories | Dedications | Printables | Lovescopes | eCards
   Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Writer's Guidelines | Suggestions

Lovingyou.com, Inc.SM All rights reserved.

Message board powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000, 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

SheKnows Lifestyles