A collection of love, romance and relationships resources including advice, poetry, quotes, dedications, chat, horoscopes, romantic ideas, message boards, free love postcards and much more!!
What's New Today on LYC...
Monthly Romance Calendar
Forum Quick Links:   Forum Home   |   My Home Page   |   My Inbox   |   My Calendar   |   Find Members   |   FAQ   |   Terms  
Popular Forums:   LYC Chat   |   Love Advice   |   Sexually Speaking   |   Military Spouses   |   Online Romance   |   Ask A Male   |   LDR   |   Holidays  
Lovingyou.com > Family Matters > Marriage > Meaning of wife wearing anklet
Does ankley mean hotwife
definitely not
a few believe it means hotwife
most believe it means hotwife
definitely yes
View Results [Edit Poll (moderators only)]
Meaning of wife wearing anklet posted: 02/19/12 at 8:32 PM
BlondeKimnWes  [more]
IP: Logged
 Group: New Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
Hello, we are a happily married white couple with two kids in the Hudson Valley area of NY, both my husband and I in good shape, fairly attractive, 38 and 40.

For a couple of years we been trying new things to spice up our sex life and keep our marriage fun. About 3 months ago my husband bought me a nice looking gold anklet for me to wear. Neither one of us realized it carried a message or symbol.

For sometime now my husband and I go out dancing, Wes doesn't dance and is not the jealous type, and he is more than ok if I have fun with dancing with other men.

It was amazing when I wore the anklet to the nightclub, the number of men asking me to dance in the course of the night skyrocketed. Then a couple people told us that the anklet means I am a "hotwife" and open to sex with other men. Do most people know this hidden meaning anklet = hotwife.

I openly admit I like the added male attention the anklet brings and my husband gets a kick out of it. Yes I do shed my image of mother of two when I go dancing with a miniskirt that shows some cleavage but I find myself wearing the anklet just about everyday now. Your thoughts, BlondeKim

click to: respond to this topic

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 02/20/12 at 5:02 AM

brokenstar85  [more]
 Group: Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
Never heard of it. I know women who wear anklets and they don't get approached because of it.

Having said that, I'm in the UK... maybe it's different here.

----------
"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me alone."

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 02/20/12 at 6:27 AM

eft505k  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I've never heard of it, either.

posted: 02/20/12 at 6:47 AM
silkpajamas  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
i've never heard of that. i wear an anklet i haven't had anyone approach me because of it.

----------
Love is not an emotion, it's a decision.

posted: 02/20/12 at 8:55 AM

John Ya Ya  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I've heard of it, but I doubt it's a very good flag. Most people haven't heard about what it's supposed to mean, and lots of non-hotwife women wear them. If you were getting more attention in the club, maybe it was just a really nice looking anklet.

posted: 02/20/12 at 12:09 PM

blondgrrl  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
It's just a coincidence I think, that you happened to meet a couple of people who thought that an anklet is a symbol for people in the lifestyle.

Just by the way, "hotwife" is actually derogatory. We like to call it "being in the lifestyle". "Hotwife" implies a woman who gets passed around, as if she has no sexual autonomy. That's offensive for a lot of people.

----------
“Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence.”
-Christopher Hitchens

posted: 02/20/12 at 1:52 PM

wildsnake88  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Hmmm..is there a special meaning to it? i never heard of that too. i thought its just another piece of accessory some women wear. I dun wear an anklet but i have been told i am a sexy mom anyway,haha!

----------
"I Thank Mother Nature For The GOOD Venom To DESTROY EVIL! They FEAR The SNAKE, Like They FEAR WISDOM." ♥WildSnake♥

FACTS: Stay FAITHFUL Or Stay Single! NEVER Settle For Being Someone's OTHER, When You Can Be Someone's ONLY.WHY Be A Substitute Lover?! Smart Women Know How To Love, SMARTER Women Know WHO To Love!

"It Isn't REAL Love Until You Found Someone Who Will Love You FAITHFULLY And Always Be There For You.TRUE Hearts DON'T Cheat!"
"Intellectuals Can Debate In Style, IDIOTS Just Argue & Whine When They Can't Handle DEFEATS!"
*** Read My (Latest) Blog On Profile ***
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

posted: 02/20/12 at 4:36 PM

Riri Kyusai  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
The first thing in my mind was.. that has to be one big shiny anklet u have there lol. I love anklet and I came to U.S wearing one from my sister for a couple years and just been wearing a new one for almost a year now, it's gold and cute and pretty but people don't really notice it since it's 'thin'. sure it has nice design but even when I am in bar, it's hardly noticeable. I don't feel the different of the approach by guys before or after the anklet.

----------
To the question of u'r life, u r the only answer. To the problems of u'r life, u r the only solution.

Nobody is perfect and I am nobody. That's why, i am perfect.

Photobucket

posted: 02/20/12 at 8:37 PM

John Ya Ya  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
quote:
Originally posted by blondgrrl
Just by the way, "hotwife" is actually derogatory. We like to call it "being in the lifestyle". "Hotwife" implies a woman who gets passed around, as if she has no sexual autonomy.

I don't think I agree with that. I think that the term refers to a specific kind of nonmonogamy different from straight swinging, specifically cuckolding. That is to say, a "hotwife" would be the dominant wife of a submissive cuckold fetishist, whereas someone "in the lifestyle" would be a swinger. There's an important distinction there where one activity involves an element of male sexual submission and humiliation, while the other involves equal partners. Most cuckold fetishist couples would probably not self-identify as swingers, but they do frequently self-identify as cuckold/hotwife.

posted: 02/20/12 at 10:35 PM

eft505k  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
maybe context?
Was there anything special about the club you went to?

More On Page: (1) 2 3 »

Notice: Use this form ONLY if you are already a member! New users, register for free here!
Notice: This is our quick reply form, for all reply options such as smilies, HTML and more, click here!
Fast Reply:
Your User Name:    Want to register?
Your Password:    Forgotten your password?
Subject: (Optional)
Show Signature: include your profile signature.
 Notice: By submitting to this site, you agree to these terms of use.
Forum Options:
· Save this topic to my favorites (subscribed)!

· Email this topic to a friend!
Rate This Thread:

Back To: Lovingyou.com > Family Matters > Marriage > Meaning of wife wearing anklet

LOVINGYOU.COM SITE MAP
LOVE:  Communication | Affairs | Dating | Getting Serious | Getting Married | Break Ups | Loving Yourself | Support Groups | Dear Love
ROMANCE:  Romance 101 | Ideas | Date Nights | Recipes for Two | Romantic Travel | Craft Ideas | Holidays & Celebrations
PASSION:  Lovemaking 101 | Passion Play | Loverotica | Ask Aphrodite | Pillow Talk
INSPIRATION:  Love Poetry | Love Letters | Love Quotes | Love Stories | Dedications | Printables | Lovescopes | eCards
   Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Writer's Guidelines | Suggestions

Lovingyou.com, Inc.SM All rights reserved.

Message board powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000, 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

SheKnows Lifestyles