A collection of love, romance and relationships resources including advice, poetry, quotes, dedications, chat, horoscopes, romantic ideas, message boards, free love postcards and much more!!
What's New Today on LYC...
Monthly Romance Calendar
Forum Quick Links:   Forum Home   |   My Home Page   |   My Inbox   |   My Calendar   |   Find Members   |   FAQ   |   Terms  
Popular Forums:   LYC Chat   |   Love Advice   |   Sexually Speaking   |   Military Spouses   |   Online Romance   |   Ask A Male   |   LDR   |   Holidays  
Lovingyou.com > Love Advice & Tips > Ask A Female > when your man is grumpy
when your man is grumpy posted: 12/01/11 at 3:43 AM

Maverick91  [more]
IP: Logged
 Group: Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
When your man is in a bad mood, grumpy, because of stress, life, work, kids, etc., what can you do, what do you do, to help him? How do you make him feel better?

I have a lot going on in the next few weeks, with school, work, kids, holidays, etc., and I know I'm beginning to be a bear...

----------
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven
Ecclesiastes 3:1

click to: respond to this topic

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 12/01/11 at 10:54 AM

Riri Kyusai  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
My husband and I talked about this long before we were married .the whole 'How'd you like me to do when I am..... ' so when I notice he is grumpy,or stress,bad mood ,I leave him alone because he told me that's what he prefers and at that point whatever I do or say,

will make it worse. Like ANYTHING I say or try to do ,he gets 'annoyed'. Phook one time I was like having hiccups and THE SOUND of my hiccups annoyed him and he was like 'Are you gonna make it?' ,I was like 'gosh one day you gonna tell me to stop breathing' and walked to another room to do my thing.

Leave him alone to do whatever he wants works the best for me. he can take the puppy out for a walk alone or with me, he can go to have his own bath with sea salt for stress relieved, or he can just play his games for hours.

----------
To the question of u'r life, u r the only answer. To the problems of u'r life, u r the only solution.

Nobody is perfect and I am nobody. That's why, i am perfect.

Photobucket

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 12/01/11 at 3:52 PM
rei_and_k  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
This may not work for everyone, but it works for mine as far as I can tell...

Disclaimer: We've talked about this and he's told me that I never bug or annoy him, that he always wants to talk to me and that I should never think otherwise.

Knowing this, if he's being grumpy or not wanting to talk to me about something that's bothering him, I'll usually start teasing him. Unfortunately, we're long distance right now, and if we weren't I'd probably shower him with kisses while saying silly things like "come on, don't be grumpy!" and "smiiiiiiile, you know you wanna!" Even just saying things like that while I'm smiling at him over the phone usually does the trick, and even when he tries to grumble at me he'll usually snap out of it in less than five minutes. It would be easier if I could be with him and actually love on him to make him feel better, but I can't

But yes, silliness is my weapon of choice. It works well with him because he's silly, too, and it makes him smile. I've also been known to cook dinner or write a sweet love note or something when a boyfriend is having a particularly hard day/week and I know about it in advance and can plan a little something like that. I find that taking even a little time out to show I care or do something he normally does really goes a long way in destressing him and letting him know I care.

If it's something prolonged and terrible, I'd probably plan a weekend getaway for us somewhere romantic sometime soon. Vacations always make everyone feel better!! I normally like to do things like that spontaneously but if it's work or kids he's having trouble with,... those things sometimes require planning.

posted: 12/02/11 at 2:18 AM
misty625  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I leave him be, unless I have some normal thing to discuss and then I bring it up as I always would- "Hey, we have to figure out the AB thing- what do you think, A or B?". I don't fawn or coddle him, though I might save any major things I have to say (bad or good) until a time when I know he's more receptive.

posted: 12/02/11 at 11:57 AM

AnnaKate  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I leave him alone when he's grumpy. That's what he prefers, and I'm fine with it because then I don't have to hear him talk to me with an annoyed tone in his voice. I try not to take it personally, though. He gets grumpy when he's really tired, and I get grumpy when I'm hungry or stressed.

posted: 12/03/11 at 9:19 AM

banarabbyt1  [more]
 Group: Comm Director Assistant 
Make Buddy | PM User
Usually if my husband is grumpy I just ignore him (lol I know that sounds bad). But I pretty much leave him alone. If he wants to vent and let it out I'm all ears.

If he's just going through a hard time I'm extra nice to him, I'll do little things like make his favorite meals or plan something special to take his mind off it for a while.

Mind blowing sex helps too

----------
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

posted: 12/04/11 at 2:34 AM

Tr1sh  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I leave him be to some extent but I may bring him some food or a a drink.

posted: 12/04/11 at 3:52 AM

shadowboxer  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I mock him lol (playfully of course). I've noticed when he gets in a bad mood that my methods of deflecting the tension with humor works pretty well. When you bring someone's mannerisms to light through comedy I think it helps alleviate some of the pressure they may be feeling. If that doesn't work, I acknowledge that he may be going through something and tell him that I'm here for him if he needs (then I give him his space). However, usually the humor works best and he gets a good laugh out of it

----------
"The truth is rarely pure and never simple." ~Oscar Wilde

"The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it." ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

"I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation." ~George Bernard Shaw

“What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.” ~Oscar Wilde~

"The grass isn’t greener on the other side, it’s greener where you water it."

INFJ - "Author". Strong drive and enjoyment to help others. Complex personality. 1.5% of total population.
Take Free Jung Personality Test
Personality Test by SimilarMinds.com

posted: 12/04/11 at 12:27 PM

fair_is_fair  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Usually nothing works for when my boyfriend turns grumpy, so I just ignore him and do something else until he gets over it. It does bother me though that I cant help him.

----------
When I am at work, its like I am Iron Man...I feel invincible when I don the armor of success....

posted: 12/04/11 at 10:31 PM

bialy  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I would acknowledge that he is going through a rough patch and let him know I am on his side. I've also found that good dinners always help.

Beyond that, I let him work his way through his funk.

More On Page: (1) 2 »

Notice: Use this form ONLY if you are already a member! New users, register for free here!
Notice: This is our quick reply form, for all reply options such as smilies, HTML and more, click here!
Fast Reply:
Your User Name:    Want to register?
Your Password:    Forgotten your password?
Subject: (Optional)
Show Signature: include your profile signature.
 Notice: By submitting to this site, you agree to these terms of use.
Forum Options:
· Save this topic to my favorites (subscribed)!

· Email this topic to a friend!
Rate This Thread:

Back To: Lovingyou.com > Love Advice & Tips > Ask A Female > when your man is grumpy

LOVINGYOU.COM SITE MAP
LOVE:  Communication | Affairs | Dating | Getting Serious | Getting Married | Break Ups | Loving Yourself | Support Groups | Dear Love
ROMANCE:  Romance 101 | Ideas | Date Nights | Recipes for Two | Romantic Travel | Craft Ideas | Holidays & Celebrations
PASSION:  Lovemaking 101 | Passion Play | Loverotica | Ask Aphrodite | Pillow Talk
INSPIRATION:  Love Poetry | Love Letters | Love Quotes | Love Stories | Dedications | Printables | Lovescopes | eCards
   Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Writer's Guidelines | Suggestions

Lovingyou.com, Inc.SM All rights reserved.

Message board powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000, 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

SheKnows Lifestyles