A collection of love, romance and relationships resources including advice, poetry, quotes, dedications, chat, horoscopes, romantic ideas, message boards, free love postcards and much more!!
What's New Today on LYC...
Monthly Romance Calendar
Forum Quick Links:   Forum Home   |   My Home Page   |   My Inbox   |   My Calendar   |   Find Members   |   FAQ   |   Terms  
Popular Forums:   LYC Chat   |   Love Advice   |   Sexually Speaking   |   Military Spouses   |   Online Romance   |   Ask A Male   |   LDR   |   Holidays  
Lovingyou.com > Love Advice & Tips > Ask A Male > Is dyed hair always less attractive than natural hair?
Is dyed hair always less attractive than natural hair? posted: 12/26/10 at 11:25 AM

MantisReligiosa  [more]
IP: Logged
 Group: New Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
Say it looks relatively natural, though..I'm not talking about blue or pink, but..red, especially, since I dyed my natural dark brown hair into a light copper red about half a year ago, and was really surprised at how it boosted my "attractiveness"...I appear to be one of those rare faces that blend very well with red hair, and most people have told me it looks great on me, except for 2 guys who commented that it doesn't look "natural", and that I should've stuck to my natural, almost black hair.
Though I think it looks quite natural...it's a warm shade of red, not one of those electric, blue-ish shades you see on emo kids.
And I also have very white skin, so that adds points to a natural look...

Of course, I'm not going to dye it back now just because of 2 guys' personal opinions, but I wonder if this is a generalized attitude among men...that they might see women with dyed hair as "hot", but without forgetting to detract a few points on the "attractiveness scale" for having dyed hair.

click to: respond to this topic

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 12/26/10 at 11:09 PM

BleedingHart  [more]
 Group: Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
No, it isn't always less attractive than natural hair color. But to males who are so adamant about girls remaining natural, anything used to enhance their beauty only takes away from it regardless of the results.

The thing about most guys is that they appreciate a woman much more when she values what she's been given, and doesn't desire to change it. The best results with things like makeup and hair color is when the change looks natural.

A natural looking color change has everything to do with blending colors. Even blues, pinks, and violets can look really good when used with the right shades of the colors the girl possesses naturally. Obviously, you can never dye the hair completely in any of these colors, but subtle use of these highlights can really have spectacular results.

Skin tone and eye color play HUGE factors into achieving a natural look. The lighter or darker you make your hair in contrast to these two aspects, the more difficult it will be to achieve a natural look. If your hair is dark brown, I highly doubt any change you make to it looks natural unless you go darker brown or black. You might even be able to go with a little bit of a lighter brown, but not much. Any kind of red? No way.

That's not to say that you don't look amazing with the change. The benefit to not looking natural is that if it works, then it creates an exotic appearance. This is probably what you achieved if you've gotten more compliments than not. So don't sweat the two guys that thought otherwise. They can stick to their natural looking women if that's what floats their boat.

----------
Consumation of the soul is done willingly.

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 01/05/11 at 4:21 AM

Grain  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Fake is always less attractive than real. Fake anything, not just hair color.

posted: 01/05/11 at 5:00 AM

Agirlforme  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I can appreciate some of the artificial hair coloring out there...sometimes it really works well. But then there are the roots, which are a giveaway within a couple weeks of coloring. Then it's obvious it's fake and the appeal is decreased.

----------
Pay attention to your partner. If you don't...somebody else will.

There are three sides to every story. Yours, theirs, and the truth.

MATH MADE EASY

Register your complaint here

posted: 01/05/11 at 5:51 AM

John Ya Ya  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
There are lots of artificial things that can nonetheless be attractive: clothes, makeup, tattoos....

I like dyed hair. I like roots. I prefer it to natural. Don't ask me why.

posted: 01/05/11 at 2:56 PM

Grain  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
quote:
Originally posted by John Ya Ya
There are lots of artificial things that can nonetheless be attractive: clothes, makeup, tattoos....

Naked is more attractive than clothed. I don't like makeup at all. And I think a tattoo is just about the most unattractive thing to see on a woman.

posted: 01/18/11 at 4:23 AM

romantic1  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I don't mind that my wife colors her hair. I prefer it. She would look much older and not feel as sexy if she let her hair go gray. There is just something about the way she feels about herself when she comes home from the salon. She acts more sexy than usual because she feel so good about the way she looks. She looks soooo HOT!!

----------
“The marriage bed must be a place of mutuality – the husband seeking to satisfy his wife and the wife seeking to satisfy the husband. Marriage is not a place to ‘stand up for your rights.’ Marriage is a decision to serve the other whether in bed or out.” 1 Cor, 7: “The Message”
The current mood of romantic1 at www.imood.com

posted: 01/18/11 at 5:21 AM

MantisReligiosa  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
ok, so I guess it depends on everybody's personal preference.

I suppose the confidence it gives a woman can make her look sexier, though, right?

posted: 01/18/11 at 11:00 AM

BleedingHart  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Absolutely. Confidence is huge, and if a little hair color gives it, then by all means use it.

----------
Consumation of the soul is done willingly.

posted: 01/26/11 at 5:47 AM

forlornhope  [more]
Make Buddy |
Red haired girls are wild, or are seen as wild, and some guys are attracted to girls with red hair for that reason. In the end it depends on the guy, truth is you can shave your head and there are guys that will like that. so what ever makes you happy is what you should do.

----------
Hihi Hihi Hihi
Hihi Hihi Hihi
HihihihiHihi
HihihihiHihi Hihi
Hihi Hihi Hihi
Hihi Hihi Hihi

More On Page: (1) 2 »

Notice: Use this form ONLY if you are already a member! New users, register for free here!
Notice: This is our quick reply form, for all reply options such as smilies, HTML and more, click here!
Fast Reply:
Your User Name:    Want to register?
Your Password:    Forgotten your password?
Subject: (Optional)
Show Signature: include your profile signature.
 Notice: By submitting to this site, you agree to these terms of use.
Forum Options:
· Save this topic to my favorites (subscribed)!

· Email this topic to a friend!
Rate This Thread:

Back To: Lovingyou.com > Love Advice & Tips > Ask A Male > Is dyed hair always less attractive than natural hair?

LOVINGYOU.COM SITE MAP
LOVE:  Communication | Affairs | Dating | Getting Serious | Getting Married | Break Ups | Loving Yourself | Support Groups | Dear Love
ROMANCE:  Romance 101 | Ideas | Date Nights | Recipes for Two | Romantic Travel | Craft Ideas | Holidays & Celebrations
PASSION:  Lovemaking 101 | Passion Play | Loverotica | Ask Aphrodite | Pillow Talk
INSPIRATION:  Love Poetry | Love Letters | Love Quotes | Love Stories | Dedications | Printables | Lovescopes | eCards
   Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Writer's Guidelines | Suggestions

Lovingyou.com, Inc.SM All rights reserved.

Message board powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000, 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

SheKnows Lifestyles