A collection of love, romance and relationships resources including advice, poetry, quotes, dedications, chat, horoscopes, romantic ideas, message boards, free love postcards and much more!!
What's New Today on LYC...
Monthly Romance Calendar
Forum Quick Links:   Forum Home   |   My Home Page   |   My Inbox   |   My Calendar   |   Find Members   |   FAQ   |   Terms  
Popular Forums:   LYC Chat   |   Love Advice   |   Sexually Speaking   |   Military Spouses   |   Online Romance   |   Ask A Male   |   LDR   |   Holidays  
Lovingyou.com > Love Advice & Tips > Love Advice > She's suddenly ignoring me out of nowhere?
She's suddenly ignoring me out of nowhere? posted: 12/21/10 at 2:23 PM
american_slang  [more]
IP: Logged
 Group: New Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
I'm a little worried right now because over the weekend the girl I like (and talk to all the time) hasn't replied to any of my texts or gotten ahold of me at all. We were talking on Thursday and having a great, lighthearted conversation with one another and things were going great. She didn't respond to one text I sent during the convo, but it was nearing the end of the conversation anyway and she had to be leaving to go home for break. So whatever, no big deal. I didn't think much of it. And the text didn't contain anything offensive or upsetting, so it's not like I said anything to upset her.

Anyway, I tried texting her on Thursday night (technically Friday morning since it was a little after midnight) and got no reply. So I tried again on Saturday night and again, nothing. I didn't text yesterday or today yet, figured I'd wait it out and see. But I'm worried. Why would she suddenly be ignoring me? Especially since we'd been talking so much all week. A few nights in a row she texted/IM'd me first, too. She's shown all kinds of signs that she likes me and all my friends are convinced she's into me, too.

So how come she's not responding all of a sudden? I know her phone works because I noticed a Facebook status that said it was "posted via iPhone". And I don't see why all three texts would go completely unnoticed. Is she just busy? Playing hard to get; wanting to see how much I really want her or how patient I am? We've been talking since early October and speak on an almost daily basis and she's called me "one of her favorite people" and "amazing" like, six times now.

So am I worrying too much? What do I do here? I'm scared to text or call again because I don't want to irritate her. But I can tell she can't be mad at me over anything since I know I didn't do anything bad, and over the weekend she's "liked" some things I've posted, one of which was a photo of myself. So I dunno. I'm just worried I'm gonna mess something up with this girl. Because I like her, a lot. And I'm very close to letting her know how I feel. I feel lost right now.

click to: respond to this topic

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 12/21/10 at 3:04 PM
Margery  [more]
 Group: Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
Maybe she doesn't feel right responding to you from her home where she may be observed. I wouldn't worry yet.

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 12/21/10 at 3:08 PM
american_slang  [more]
 Group: New Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
Maybe. Because the same thing (sort of) happened over Thanksgiving break as well. I texted her a few times and she never replied. Though I know I've texted with her while she was at home in the past. Shrug.

posted: 12/21/10 at 9:55 PM

eft505k  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
when I go home, I leave my phone off.
its the only place I do that.

posted: 12/21/10 at 10:59 PM

fair_is_fair  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Hey heres a thought..why dont you just CALL her. Texting is cool and all, but there is nothing that compares to a call or a visit. And why are you only texting her at night? Does she have a class or something on saturday? Anybody who even bothers to call/text me after 10 is a booty call to me so either their house better be on fire or Im not picking up.

Dude I think you are freaking out too much and personally if you keep acting like this, this girl will be stepping all over your nuts because you are afraid she will not like you anymore. You got to stop caring in that manner. Maybe she is with family, etc. Maybe she cant be hung onto you every second of the day, I dont know. You dont have to be connected all the time, although it would be nice she indicate "hey my friends are over, Ill talk to you...sunday" and that might solve the problem. Either way, stop putting so much thought into it...its silly.

----------
When I am at work, its like I am Iron Man...I feel invincible when I don the armor of success....

posted: 12/22/10 at 11:01 AM

Katie S.  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
My advice: leave it alone and let her contact you. Give her some space. Whatever you do, do not ask if something is wrong or act needy. Texting is fun but if it goes on too long, at some point someone has to end the convo. I'm sure you will hear from her but I would suggest you try to keep the text convos shorter.

----------
Live in a way that leaves no regrets.
Strive most to understand what you fear most.
To change our lives, we must first change our minds.

Notice: Use this form ONLY if you are already a member! New users, register for free here!
Notice: This is our quick reply form, for all reply options such as smilies, HTML and more, click here!
Fast Reply:
Your User Name:    Want to register?
Your Password:    Forgotten your password?
Subject: (Optional)
Show Signature: include your profile signature.
 Notice: By submitting to this site, you agree to these terms of use.
Forum Options:
· Save this topic to my favorites (subscribed)!

· Email this topic to a friend!
Rate This Thread:

Back To: Lovingyou.com > Love Advice & Tips > Love Advice > She's suddenly ignoring me out of nowhere?

LOVINGYOU.COM SITE MAP
LOVE:  Communication | Affairs | Dating | Getting Serious | Getting Married | Break Ups | Loving Yourself | Support Groups | Dear Love
ROMANCE:  Romance 101 | Ideas | Date Nights | Recipes for Two | Romantic Travel | Craft Ideas | Holidays & Celebrations
PASSION:  Lovemaking 101 | Passion Play | Loverotica | Ask Aphrodite | Pillow Talk
INSPIRATION:  Love Poetry | Love Letters | Love Quotes | Love Stories | Dedications | Printables | Lovescopes | eCards
   Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Writer's Guidelines | Suggestions

Lovingyou.com, Inc.SM All rights reserved.

Message board powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000, 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

SheKnows Lifestyles