A collection of love, romance and relationships resources including advice, poetry, quotes, dedications, chat, horoscopes, romantic ideas, message boards, free love postcards and much more!!
What's New Today on LYC...
Monthly Romance Calendar
Forum Quick Links:   Forum Home   |   My Home Page   |   My Inbox   |   My Calendar   |   Find Members   |   FAQ   |   Terms  
Popular Forums:   LYC Chat   |   Love Advice   |   Sexually Speaking   |   Military Spouses   |   Online Romance   |   Ask A Male   |   LDR   |   Holidays  
Lovingyou.com > Love Advice & Tips > Love Advice > he flirts but won't ask me out
he flirts but won't ask me out Post posted: 10/27/10 at 4:02 PM

cool-breeze  [more]
IP: Logged
 Group: New Member 
Make Buddy |
What should i do about this guy from work that flirts with me like crazy( been going on for months) but still hasn't asked me out? At first it was "hey how you doing" or "whats up" now its "hey beautiful" and "hey sweetheart" etc. I've made it obvious i like him; told him I'm single and available.
(I could ask him out but last time I asked a guy out, I eventually ended up doing all the calling, texting, making plans. I felt like I was doing all the work. )
Anyway, there have been times where I would just speak and go on about my business without flirting back, and he would go out of his way to get my attention! It would be so much easier to let this one go if I didn't run into him all the time.

----------
cool-breeze

click to: respond to this topic

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 10/27/10 at 9:19 PM

Gail65  [more]
 Group: Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
Is this the same guy from work you exchanged phone numbers with back in April?

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 10/28/10 at 12:26 AM

april day  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Although I am not in favor of dating where you get your paycheck, I would ask him out.

----------
There is only one happiness in the world, to love and be loved.George Sand

posted: 10/28/10 at 5:32 AM

cool-breeze  [more]
 Group: New Member 
Make Buddy |
unfortunately its the same guy. He really knows how to get my hopes up just to disappoint me everytime.

----------
cool-breeze

posted: 10/28/10 at 5:52 AM

Squirtu  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
lol wow you guys really keep track of situations, and Cool breeze he most likely likes the attention or your reaction when he flirts with you, if he liekd you enough he would ask you out point blank i dont think he is the shy type if he is flirting that much, he enjoyes your reaction so stop reacting and he may try even harder at first but eventually he will stop.

you want someone who whill take initiave not play games

----------
If you think life has no meanign then why do you still live? obviusouly some is keeping you alive. The meaning of life can be different for the individual but i believe Everyone should help one another no matter where you are or who you work for.

posted: 10/28/10 at 6:52 AM

Gail65  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
It's been 6 months since you've exchanged phone numbers, you see each other on regular basis at work so if he had been interested he would have made his move by now.

I think some of the things he does, like calling you sweetheart and beautiful, you interpret as being flirting but is probably just affectionate. The parking guy at the office calls me gorgeous each morning and I never interpreted it as being flirty.

You could ask him out yourself but I think it will just be more disappointment for you. Time to move to something else dear!

posted: 10/28/10 at 8:34 AM

Sally00  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
This has happened to me SOOOO many times in my life. I have no idea why guys like to flirt and not ask the girl out. A lot of guys just like the attention they get and don't want to go through with a relationship (because most guys are pigs).

posted: 10/28/10 at 9:25 AM

TheStupid  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Because they are not flirts but "just being nice."

Just simply ask him out, starting with lunch, then drink after work but seriously, do not mess around with a coworker!!!

----------
Divorce makes marriage meaningless.

posted: 10/28/10 at 9:35 AM

John Ya Ya  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Some guys, some people, just like to flirt. I know I do. It's fun. It's easy. It makes people smile

Asking you out is not so easy, because unlike flirting, he runs a risk of real rejection. So maybe he lacks the balls to do it. Or it could be that he has a rule against dating at work, or something else.

You've listed some reasons you have for not asking him out yourself. Perhaps he has similar reasons. Keep going like that and the two of you will never get together. So break the cycle and ask him out. "Are you ready to put your money where your mouth is, bub?" The previous experience is not this experience. It ended because he wasn't right for you, not because of the way it began.

Notice: Use this form ONLY if you are already a member! New users, register for free here!
Notice: This is our quick reply form, for all reply options such as smilies, HTML and more, click here!
Fast Reply:
Your User Name:    Want to register?
Your Password:    Forgotten your password?
Subject: (Optional)
Show Signature: include your profile signature.
 Notice: By submitting to this site, you agree to these terms of use.
Forum Options:
· Save this topic to my favorites (subscribed)!

· Email this topic to a friend!
Rate This Thread:

Back To: Lovingyou.com > Love Advice & Tips > Love Advice > he flirts but won't ask me out

LOVINGYOU.COM SITE MAP
LOVE:  Communication | Affairs | Dating | Getting Serious | Getting Married | Break Ups | Loving Yourself | Support Groups | Dear Love
ROMANCE:  Romance 101 | Ideas | Date Nights | Recipes for Two | Romantic Travel | Craft Ideas | Holidays & Celebrations
PASSION:  Lovemaking 101 | Passion Play | Loverotica | Ask Aphrodite | Pillow Talk
INSPIRATION:  Love Poetry | Love Letters | Love Quotes | Love Stories | Dedications | Printables | Lovescopes | eCards
   Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Writer's Guidelines | Suggestions

Lovingyou.com, Inc.SM All rights reserved.

Message board powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000, 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

SheKnows Lifestyles