A collection of love, romance and relationships resources including advice, poetry, quotes, dedications, chat, horoscopes, romantic ideas, message boards, free love postcards and much more!!
What's New Today on LYC...
Monthly Romance Calendar
Forum Quick Links:   Forum Home   |   My Home Page   |   My Inbox   |   My Calendar   |   Find Members   |   FAQ   |   Terms  
Popular Forums:   LYC Chat   |   Love Advice   |   Sexually Speaking   |   Military Spouses   |   Online Romance   |   Ask A Male   |   LDR   |   Holidays  
Lovingyou.com > Lovingyou.com > The Daily Debate Forum > Parents dating a convicted sex offender?
Parents dating a convicted sex offender? posted: 09/25/10 at 12:31 PM

banarabbyt1  [more]
IP: Logged
 Group: Comm Director Assistant 
Make Buddy | PM User
What are your thoughts on someone who dates a convicted sex offender? I'm not talking about someone who was a teen who had sex with his gf and got a record, I mean someone who IS a sex offender and molested someone much younger than themselves.

I'm watching the Chelsea King case on Dateline and I'm shocked that he had a gf WITH a child who allowed him to be with her child alone. To me that's tantamount to gross negligence.

Your thoughts? I'm guessing this is gonna be a one-sided debate.

----------
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

click to: respond to this topic

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 09/26/10 at 12:08 AM

Agirlforme  [more]
 Group: Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
In my mind, there is something irreparably wrong with the mind of a molester, so I don't understand why anyone would want a relationship with one. But obviously, it does happen so there must be people out there that are willing to overlook that glaring fault. If there are people who worship and propose serial killers, then it's not surprising there are also ones who date molesters.

I'm not sure what goes through the mind of such a person that they would endanger their child by allowing a convicted sex offender to be alone with it. Something is going severely wrong upstairs.

----------
Pay attention to your partner. If you don't...somebody else will.

There are three sides to every story. Yours, theirs, and the truth.

MATH MADE EASY

Register your complaint here

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 09/26/10 at 1:37 AM

banarabbyt1  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I agree- when I was doing my master's program and we learned about Megan's Law, we all went and checked out our addresses for convicted sex offenders IN our area. Well my good friend started looking at her family members addresses as well. And then when she checked her aunt's place there was a dot RIGHT on her apartment building. She was like omg there is a sex offender living in my aunt's building! Well when she clicked on the photo she got the biggest shock of her life- her aunt's husband, her uncle by marriage, WAS the sex offender. She was shocked, called her sister, and her sister said "why do you think our cousin doesn't speak to her monther anymore?"

Apparently one time their cousin woke up and the guy was in her room and he was starting to touch her- she screamed and said she was really freaked out by him and the mom was like oh you are over-reacting he was just checking on you. Well she ended up eventually finding out he was a sex offender and so she moved out because her mom was on his side rather than her daughter's. Saying things like it wasn't true, he was framed, etc. I was like WOW how sad her mom cares more about having a man than her daughter's safety.

----------

posted: 09/26/10 at 1:54 AM

~ShanT~  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
What also disturbs me is people who date not only sex offenders, but child abusers point blank and then wonder why there children end up beaten, and not only are there children beaten they cover it up for there man/woman!

Back in the day I used to bartend and this woman came in all the time drinking she had a few children, few years later I saw on the news she was in jail for beating her daughter and she was pregnant with a new guys kid, and this new guy seemed to think that she wasn't going to beat her new child it was she just didn't know how to control her first child and is why she beat her. Needless to say there both sick, she ended up going to jail, he ended up going to jail as well for not reporting the abuse. She gave birth in jail and the new baby was taken and adopted, the abused daughter went to live with her father.

Sick sick world when you must choose a relationship over your child.

posted: 09/26/10 at 3:24 AM

babyboo3980  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
There is definitely something wrong with the mind of a molester. I mean, who, in their right mind would harm a child in any way, shape or form, especially sexually? Molesters obviously do not see anything wrong in that...

That also goes for the people who date them. I don't know why in God's name somebody would date a convicted sex offender and let them around their child, and think that their is nothing wrong with it. They are putting their child at risk just by dating that person.

I just don't get it. How can someone simply choose to overlook something as big as being a sex offender?

No doubt their is something mentally wrong with the molester, but there's also got to be something wrong in th head of the person who wants to date them and allow them near their child and not think anything of it.

----------

posted: 09/26/10 at 3:26 AM

babyboo3980  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I looked up registered sex offenders a few weeks ago in my area...it was said that there were 48 registered sex offenders in my area, and I also looked up the town I grew up in, and there are only 2 there. I was shocked at the number in my current area.

----------

posted: 09/26/10 at 4:57 AM

Katie S.  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Who dates sex offenders and child abusers? I would think other child abusers because if you have a child or children and you date someone who you KNOW is a convicted, registered sex offender/child abuser, then I would think it automatically defaults YOU into being a child abuser.

I don't have children, but if I was a single parent, I would probably be one of those people who chooses not to date until the kid is grown and out of the house. There is NO WAY I would trust any BF or date to be alone with my kid(s), let alone someone convicted of a sex offense! Yeah...I'd probably be overprotective, and oddly enough for someone who never had a huge desire to have kids, I know that if I had them--whoever threatened their safety in any way would have to deal with me first!

----------
Live in a way that leaves no regrets.
Strive most to understand what you fear most.
To change our lives, we must first change our minds.

posted: 09/26/10 at 6:54 AM

banarabbyt1  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
You have no idea how often I have seen cases where mom has bf, bf molests young children, children tell mom, and mom ignores them and says they are lying.

I had a case where a young 13 year old became pregnant and of course the hospital was like WHO is the father? The mom said the girl was a slut and the girl swore up and down the mom's bf raped her. The little girl ended up miscarrying (thank goodness honestly she was too young)- the aborted cells were kept by the hospital and transported to our lab and we used the aborted cells to PROVE that the father was the bf of the mom. It was disgusting to me- and in that same case the woman had FOUR daughters and it ended up the bf had been molesting 3 of the 4 (the last was a baby).

----------

Re: Parents dating a convicted sex offender? posted: 09/27/10 at 1:47 PM

Flyin_Fast  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
quote:
Originally posted by banarabbyt1
I'm watching the Chelsea King case on Dateline and I'm shocked that he had a gf WITH a child who allowed him to be with her child alone. To me that's tantamount to gross negligence.
If John Gardner had been executed for his first sexual crime (or for the squeamish - never let out of prison - ever) Chelsea King and Amber Dubois would be alive today.

What is grossly negligent is our half assed criminal justice system.

Just last Friday, in the local news, another 15 year old girl walking home from school was abducted and "molested" by three Hispanic males...

If we actually got tough, and executed some of these bastards it just might act as a deterrent. At the very least they would be permanently deterred.

posted: 09/27/10 at 7:02 PM

blondgrrl  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I recently found out from my mother that my brother-in-law's father is a convicted child molester- he molested his own daughter for YEARS. I was shocked to find out my sister lets her daughter, my niece, stay overnight at her grandfather's house. Apparently the grandmother swears he's "changed" since he went through therapy..and she says she won't let him be alone with her.

If I were my sister, there is NO WAY I would let my daughter anywhere near that man. I simply do not understand how she can take a chance like that.

My mother says she keeps a close eye on things, but it still worries the hell out of me. I can only imagine what my four VERY temperamental brothers would do to this guy if it ever comes out that he even LOOKED at my niece sideways.

----------
“Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence.”
-Christopher Hitchens

More On Page: (1) 2 3 »

Notice: Use this form ONLY if you are already a member! New users, register for free here!
Notice: This is our quick reply form, for all reply options such as smilies, HTML and more, click here!
Fast Reply:
Your User Name:    Want to register?
Your Password:    Forgotten your password?
Subject: (Optional)
Show Signature: include your profile signature.
 Notice: By submitting to this site, you agree to these terms of use.
Forum Options:
· Save this topic to my favorites (subscribed)!

· Email this topic to a friend!
Rate This Thread:

Back To: Lovingyou.com > Lovingyou.com > The Daily Debate Forum > Parents dating a convicted sex offender?

LOVINGYOU.COM SITE MAP
LOVE:  Communication | Affairs | Dating | Getting Serious | Getting Married | Break Ups | Loving Yourself | Support Groups | Dear Love
ROMANCE:  Romance 101 | Ideas | Date Nights | Recipes for Two | Romantic Travel | Craft Ideas | Holidays & Celebrations
PASSION:  Lovemaking 101 | Passion Play | Loverotica | Ask Aphrodite | Pillow Talk
INSPIRATION:  Love Poetry | Love Letters | Love Quotes | Love Stories | Dedications | Printables | Lovescopes | eCards
   Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Writer's Guidelines | Suggestions

Lovingyou.com, Inc.SM All rights reserved.

Message board powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000, 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

SheKnows Lifestyles