A collection of love, romance and relationships resources including advice, poetry, quotes, dedications, chat, horoscopes, romantic ideas, message boards, free love postcards and much more!!
What's New Today on LYC...
Monthly Romance Calendar
Forum Quick Links:   Forum Home   |   My Home Page   |   My Inbox   |   My Calendar   |   Find Members   |   FAQ   |   Terms  
Popular Forums:   LYC Chat   |   Love Advice   |   Sexually Speaking   |   Military Spouses   |   Online Romance   |   Ask A Male   |   LDR   |   Holidays  
Lovingyou.com > Love Advice & Tips > Ask A Female > Have You Ever Been The Other Woman? Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.
Have You Ever Been The Other Woman? Arrow posted: 02/20/10 at 12:21 PM
VanyS  [more]
IP: Logged
 Group: New Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
Hi! I was just wondering who on here has ever been the other woman? Why did you do it, how did you feel? so basically, in your opinion: what do u think about being the other woman?

No Judegment Here...

----------

VanyS

click to: respond to this topic

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 02/20/10 at 12:27 PM

babygirl6110  [more]
 Group: Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
i wouldnt do it because i am happy with my bf and i wouldnt cheat on him with m or fem im not in to that

----------
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 02/20/10 at 3:11 PM

Ejoriah  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I was the 'other woman' but I didn't know he had a girlfriend. It was purely a physical thing - when I found out about his girlfriend at first I didn't care much because I was having fun (and I was also immature) but then when I thought about it properly, I felt soooo guilty, I told him straight I wouldn't see him again (which was awkward because we had half our classes together lol).

He tried to initiate a few things in the following months, but the guilt I felt just didn't make me want to anymore.

----------
RIP Rodger Swan 19/12/86 - 26/01/10

posted: 02/20/10 at 8:34 PM

HellYaImNuts  [more]
 Group: Admin 
Make Buddy | PM User
Yes. About 10 yrs ago. I was TOW.
I didn't know at first that he was married. Several months into it, I found out. By that time, I was hooked.

Why I did it?
I let my feelings overrule my self respect and common sense.
I wasn't very bright when it came to men... I'm still working on that one today....It wasn't difficult to love someone I had a deep connection with. In the same token, it was painful and I was given false hope.
Eventually, I felt like a consolation prize, or a side hobby to help him through his rough days at home. It wasn't an easy situation to walk away from. But I did.

He left his Wife weeks after I ended things, but deep down, I knew that the relationship didn't have much hope. I felt guilty for my actions and compassion for his Wife.
That relationship almost destroyed me.
Till this day. he still tries to contact me every so often. Not very often tho. His emails don't have any effect on me now. Instead they make me sick. He's also still with his Wife "in an unhappy situation"

----------
~Love is a cycle. When you love, you get hurt. When you get hurt, you hate.
When you hate, you try to forget.
When you try to forget, you start missing.
When you start missing, you eventually will fall in love again~

posted: 02/20/10 at 11:35 PM
misty625  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Yes, briefly, but I didn't know. It was more than 10 years ago. I went out with a guy twice- we didn't have sex but did fool around (went hot-tubbing). Later someone told me that he had a live-in girlfriend. I called him and confronted him, and cut things off.

posted: 02/21/10 at 12:54 AM

babyboo3980  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I was the other woman once...with my ex bf..I had just gotten out of a 4 yr relationship, and I was vey lonely...I just decided to, at least for the time being, to have no strings attatched sex and see how that turned out...

I had met this guy who said that he just broke up w his gf and we agreed to meet up just for sex.

He basically had sex with her the night before he had sex w mwe, and i did not know this until after it had happened with us.

We ended up staying together for 3 yrs but even before anything started, there were lots of things i didn't like about him, but i was just lonely and wanted someone..so i ignored it.

I would have to say that the second we moved in together it was over...at least within the first 6 months we were together...He was always still in touch with his ex, and talking to her right in front of me over the phone...and i found out that he was going back and forth between me and her the first time he cheated...then a year later he cheated with HER friend who she set him up with...and got her pregnant...now he has a kid.

I decided after that, that i wouldnt have a no strings attatched relationship again, so its all or nothing for me. It never turns out well and I would rather be alone than with someone just for the sex.

----------
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

posted: 02/21/10 at 1:40 AM

blondgrrl  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I suppose I was "the other woman". I was seeing a guy who lived with his girlfriend. I really didn't see that as having anything to do with me. Who was I to their relationship? Nothing..no one, since I didn't have any ambition to become more. I was just fcking him....that was it.

I have no particular opinion on "the other woman" because every woman has her own reasons for attempting any sort of relationship with a guy who is taken.

Most importantly I believe it is HIS choice- he is the one who chooses to break that bond. Isn't being faithful up to the one who actually believes in it (or who pretends to)?

----------
“Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence.”
-Christopher Hitchens

posted: 02/21/10 at 1:46 AM

Phoenix91  [more]
 Group: New Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
I was the other woman a few months ago. My ex had broken up with me and had a new girlfriend when he told me that he still loved me. Basically my feelings and not wanting to lose him over ruled my concsious. Now that we are broken up again I still feel like the other woman namely because he went out with this girl then a few weeks ago he tells me they broke up but her name is still on his facebook he tells me he loves me but once again I feel like the other woman =(

posted: 02/21/10 at 2:00 AM

bialy  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I was the other woman for a couple months in 2008. In my defense, I had NO idea he was married. In fact, he lied and told me he was divorced. We spent a lot of time together. Thankfully our relationship was largely platonic. We kissed a few times and felt each other up just one time, but that was it. When I found out, I was shocked.

posted: 02/21/10 at 4:17 AM

EternalBond  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
My ex and I had an on/off relationship for about 4 years. He still wanted me in his life and still wanted to go out. I thought it was because he wanted to work things out. Well after the 4 year mark I found out he was in another relationship... He was still treating me like a gf so I thought he wanted to get back together. When I found out I confronted him and told him I wasn't going to have any part of that. He told me he was only with this girl to eventually break her heart, that he was just toying with her. He told me he did want to get back together but that he felt he should be able to have "fun". He actually had the nerve to tell me he wanted me to wait for him. After I talked to him and found out he did have a gf, I walked and moved on. I guess I may have been the other woman, but I had no idea I was, and when I found out I left and never gave him another chance.

More On Page: (1) 2 3 4 » ... Last »

Notice: Use this form ONLY if you are already a member! New users, register for free here!
Notice: This is our quick reply form, for all reply options such as smilies, HTML and more, click here!
Fast Reply:
Your User Name:    Want to register?
Your Password:    Forgotten your password?
Subject: (Optional)
Show Signature: include your profile signature.
 Notice: By submitting to this site, you agree to these terms of use.
Forum Options:
· Save this topic to my favorites (subscribed)!

· Email this topic to a friend!
Rate This Thread:

Back To: Lovingyou.com > Love Advice & Tips > Ask A Female > Have You Ever Been The Other Woman?

LOVINGYOU.COM SITE MAP
LOVE:  Communication | Affairs | Dating | Getting Serious | Getting Married | Break Ups | Loving Yourself | Support Groups | Dear Love
ROMANCE:  Romance 101 | Ideas | Date Nights | Recipes for Two | Romantic Travel | Craft Ideas | Holidays & Celebrations
PASSION:  Lovemaking 101 | Passion Play | Loverotica | Ask Aphrodite | Pillow Talk
INSPIRATION:  Love Poetry | Love Letters | Love Quotes | Love Stories | Dedications | Printables | Lovescopes | eCards
   Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Writer's Guidelines | Suggestions

Lovingyou.com, Inc.SM All rights reserved.

Message board powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000, 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

SheKnows Lifestyles