A collection of love, romance and relationships resources including advice, poetry, quotes, dedications, chat, horoscopes, romantic ideas, message boards, free love postcards and much more!!
What's New Today on LYC...
Monthly Romance Calendar
Forum Quick Links:   Forum Home   |   My Home Page   |   My Inbox   |   My Calendar   |   Find Members   |   FAQ   |   Terms  
Popular Forums:   LYC Chat   |   Love Advice   |   Sexually Speaking   |   Military Spouses   |   Online Romance   |   Ask A Male   |   LDR   |   Holidays  
Lovingyou.com > Love Advice & Tips > Love Advice > Why is she avoiding me?
Why is she avoiding me? posted: 12/14/08 at 3:59 AM
goodguy85  [more]
IP: Logged
 Group: New Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
My friend of over 6 months is completely ignoring me. It was a complicated relationship but to get to the point, we both knew we loved each other and she had to clear some things from her past in order for her to move on with me, so I gave her space. She didn't clear those things up, so I had to move on. She sent me a text wishing me happy birthday 10 minutes before the birthday night was over. Recently I mailed her a x-mas gift and texted her to see if she received it and also thanking her for bday wishes as well, and no response. A mutual friend says that she has a lot on her mind and has been stressed out. If it's over I can completely move on, but it feels like she can text me anytime I want to and I can't to her. She's all I think about and I have gone out with a lot of girls ever since. It's hard to forget about someone when a text pops up every 2 weeks. I feel like maybe she is not strong enough to hear my voice but why is she ignoring me? Should I really forget about her?

click to: respond to this topic

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 12/14/08 at 11:10 AM

HellYaImNuts  [more]
 Group: Admin 
Make Buddy | PM User
Does she still have her b/f?
Only she knows why she is ignoring or avoiding you.
If she is stressed out maybe she doesn't want to complicate things right now. But again, is the b/f still in the picture?

----------
~Love is a cycle. When you love, you get hurt. When you get hurt, you hate.
When you hate, you try to forget.
When you try to forget, you start missing.
When you start missing, you eventually will fall in love again~

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 12/15/08 at 3:28 AM
goodguy85  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Yea. He is. And I've given the necessary space because I didn't want her to leave a relationship where she's being told what to do by me telling her what to. I honestly feel that she feels guilty for caring about me. The only thing I want to do is move on, but I can't forget about someone if a text keeps popping up every 2 weeks.

posted: 12/15/08 at 3:38 AM

HellYaImNuts  [more]
 Group: Admin 
Make Buddy | PM User
Well, she isn't ready to move on. She is still with her b/f.

Take her out of your phone. DO NOT TXT her back. you said so yourself, it's not helping you when she txts.
Tell her not to contact you until she knows who she wants. I don't think that's an abnormal request.
Believe me, telling her not to contact you will be the best thing for you. After time has gone by, you will feel better.

----------
~Love is a cycle. When you love, you get hurt. When you get hurt, you hate.
When you hate, you try to forget.
When you try to forget, you start missing.
When you start missing, you eventually will fall in love again~

posted: 12/15/08 at 5:17 AM

Tr1sh  [more]
 Group: Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
If she has a BF, yes she is ignoring you. Leave her completely alone.

If the BF is out of the picture, it may just be the time of year.

posted: 12/15/08 at 10:29 PM
goodguy85  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I just found out from a friend that she is breaking up with her bf, and her parents are trying to convince her to move back home with them out of state, far away. I still can't get in touch with her

posted: 12/16/08 at 3:35 AM
anon09  [more]
 Group: Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
Don't get in touch with her. From this point on, leave it until she contacts you. Not a text, politely reply if need be but just forget about it. If she wants you, she will make a proper effort to tell you so. Know that but don't wait for it.

posted: 12/16/08 at 4:45 AM

moments12  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
i think she is texting you whenever she feels lonely or needs some warmth since she's facing crap with her own boyfriend as well. i agree with everyone else that until she makes up her mind on what she want, she will not give you her full attention.

posted: 12/16/08 at 9:21 PM
goodguy85  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Unfortunately, during our relationship I started discovering hints that she supresses her feelings and lets people walk all over her. She'll never come back to me because she'll think that she messed up and that I will move on.

posted: 12/19/08 at 8:57 AM
briallen22  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I am sorry about ur situation. I know it sucks but honestly this could be a blessing in disguise. Sometimes things happen for a reason and at the time we don't understand..but if she is whishy washy then u dont need that. This is the time to reflect on ur self..and love the man u r...the right girl will come along..and u can use this time as a learning experience. I had a bf for 6 mo and I though he was the one..but he broke up with me to go back to his ex...so at the time I didnt understand..but if he hadnt then I wouldnt have met my hunny that I have now..but not only that I stayed by myself for a month and then went out and started to date...it felt real good..cz by then I knew wht I wanted and was NOT goin to settle for anything less...

Good luck and let me know how it goes...

----------

More On Page: (1) 2 »

Notice: Use this form ONLY if you are already a member! New users, register for free here!
Notice: This is our quick reply form, for all reply options such as smilies, HTML and more, click here!
Fast Reply:
Your User Name:    Want to register?
Your Password:    Forgotten your password?
Subject: (Optional)
Show Signature: include your profile signature.
 Notice: By submitting to this site, you agree to these terms of use.
Forum Options:
· Save this topic to my favorites (subscribed)!

· Email this topic to a friend!
Rate This Thread:

Back To: Lovingyou.com > Love Advice & Tips > Love Advice > Why is she avoiding me?

LOVINGYOU.COM SITE MAP
LOVE:  Communication | Affairs | Dating | Getting Serious | Getting Married | Break Ups | Loving Yourself | Support Groups | Dear Love
ROMANCE:  Romance 101 | Ideas | Date Nights | Recipes for Two | Romantic Travel | Craft Ideas | Holidays & Celebrations
PASSION:  Lovemaking 101 | Passion Play | Loverotica | Ask Aphrodite | Pillow Talk
INSPIRATION:  Love Poetry | Love Letters | Love Quotes | Love Stories | Dedications | Printables | Lovescopes | eCards
   Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Writer's Guidelines | Suggestions

Lovingyou.com, Inc.SM All rights reserved.

Message board powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000, 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

SheKnows Lifestyles