A collection of love, romance and relationships resources including advice, poetry, quotes, dedications, chat, horoscopes, romantic ideas, message boards, free love postcards and much more!!
What's New Today on LYC...
Monthly Romance Calendar
Forum Quick Links:   Forum Home   |   My Home Page   |   My Inbox   |   My Calendar   |   Find Members   |   FAQ   |   Terms  
Popular Forums:   LYC Chat   |   Love Advice   |   Sexually Speaking   |   Military Spouses   |   Online Romance   |   Ask A Male   |   LDR   |   Holidays  
Lovingyou.com > Love Advice & Tips > Broken Hearts > Ex contacted me after 1 year of no contact
Ex contacted me after 1 year of no contact posted: 11/19/08 at 4:55 AM
azeus  [more]
IP: Logged
 Group: New Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
My ex sent me an email last night saying that something reminded her of me and that she was interested in re-opening communication. It has been a year, it was a terrible break up, and I don't know how I even feel anymore. We were together for two years. I don't know if what I'm feeling is rage or what. I chose the "bounce email" to keep with the no contact rule. Thoughts?

click to: respond to this topic

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 11/19/08 at 6:10 AM

Tr1sh  [more]
 Group: Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
Who broke up w/ whom? If you ended the relationship, just ignore the e-mail & forget you ever got it.

If you EX was the one who left & any part of you is curious, agree to meet for coffee. You are only commiting to about a 1/2 hour. If it as too painful, continuing NC is just fine.

Do what is best for you.

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 11/19/08 at 6:11 AM

Spices  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
If you're still employing the 'no contact' rule, you're not over the break up. Re-opening communication with her will just be re-opening old wounds. You did the right thing by not responding to her.

As the saying goes, when you hit rock bottom, the only way is up. So hang in there.

posted: 11/20/08 at 3:43 AM
Twest22  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Funny thing is, I got an email from an ex last wk and I hit delete. I'm currently in a happy relationship and I personally dont want contact with him. You obviously seem confused with things. But is this something you really want to open up after a yr??? Have you moved on?? Is there someone else in your life??

There are tons of things that can remind you of an ex, but it doesnt mean I'm going to tell them every time it occurs. I'd beware if it was a tough ordeal for you to get through. She's an ex for a reason!

posted: 11/20/08 at 4:52 AM
deff808  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I haven't seen her or contact her for 1 yr. 7yr relationship. Why i bailed out, she was seeing another dude, cheating bla bla bla...

One day i bump into her on a family party. She broke down cryed in front of me. How sorry she was, she wants me back...

What did i say... No!

posted: 11/20/08 at 5:43 AM

ChestPain  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Friends with an ex is never good in my opinion it is just opening a can of worms.

posted: 11/20/08 at 8:31 AM

HellYaImNuts  [more]
 Group: Admin 
Make Buddy | PM User
You bounced her email?
I say good for you! Again.....kuddos. Most ppl here could not do that. Most ppl are excited to hear from their ex if the break up hurt them badly.
Feel and think what you want.
The break up was a bad one. A year later, she decides to contact you? All b/c she is interested in communicating again? This about her. Maybe about her ego too. Sometimes a person who ended the relationship will contact their ex to see how much leverage they still have in the other person's life. Replying back to her will confirm that.

If you can be friends and have put EVERYTHING aside....then maybe a friendship is possible. But if you are questioning what you should do....maybe communication isn't the best thing.
Hit delete and bounce those emails. You made it this far without her right? Keep on going on that way if it works for you.

----------
~Love is a cycle. When you love, you get hurt. When you get hurt, you hate.
When you hate, you try to forget.
When you try to forget, you start missing.
When you start missing, you eventually will fall in love again~

posted: 11/20/08 at 9:59 PM
Twest22  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Well I think you def made the right choice then. I know its hard after being with someone for so long, but you're only opening yourself up for heartache and as much as you'd like to forget the past, you never will. And you'll probably end up unhappy and miserable. It's better to cut your losses now!

best of luck

posted: 11/20/08 at 11:38 PM

Cerys  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I stand and applaud you, sir. That takes real strength. Good work.

----------
* Loving my military man long distance.

Daisypath Vacation Ticker

posted: 11/21/08 at 7:08 AM
azeus  [more]
 Group: New Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
Thanks for your replies guys! Just for your info, I did read it, but I used the "bounce" option on Thunderbird that sends a failure to deliver message to the sender. Once you press bounce it gets deleted.

She broke up with me and then started hanging out with some of my newly acquired friends. I couldn't take that. I still check up on her on FB and Myspace, but no messages or anything of that sort. I know she has a boyfriend. I saw them kiss while I went to take a smoking break at a bar. She was across the street.

I don't want her anymore, but I also don't want this rage feeling. I don't want her to suffer.

More On Page: (1) 2 »

Notice: Use this form ONLY if you are already a member! New users, register for free here!
Notice: This is our quick reply form, for all reply options such as smilies, HTML and more, click here!
Fast Reply:
Your User Name:    Want to register?
Your Password:    Forgotten your password?
Subject: (Optional)
Show Signature: include your profile signature.
 Notice: By submitting to this site, you agree to these terms of use.
Forum Options:
· Save this topic to my favorites (subscribed)!

· Email this topic to a friend!
Rate This Thread:

Back To: Lovingyou.com > Love Advice & Tips > Broken Hearts > Ex contacted me after 1 year of no contact

LOVINGYOU.COM SITE MAP
LOVE:  Communication | Affairs | Dating | Getting Serious | Getting Married | Break Ups | Loving Yourself | Support Groups | Dear Love
ROMANCE:  Romance 101 | Ideas | Date Nights | Recipes for Two | Romantic Travel | Craft Ideas | Holidays & Celebrations
PASSION:  Lovemaking 101 | Passion Play | Loverotica | Ask Aphrodite | Pillow Talk
INSPIRATION:  Love Poetry | Love Letters | Love Quotes | Love Stories | Dedications | Printables | Lovescopes | eCards
   Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Writer's Guidelines | Suggestions

Lovingyou.com, Inc.SM All rights reserved.

Message board powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000, 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

SheKnows Lifestyles