A collection of love, romance and relationships resources including advice, poetry, quotes, dedications, chat, horoscopes, romantic ideas, message boards, free love postcards and much more!!
What's New Today on LYC...
Monthly Romance Calendar
Forum Quick Links:   Forum Home   |   My Home Page   |   My Inbox   |   My Calendar   |   Find Members   |   FAQ   |   Terms  
Popular Forums:   LYC Chat   |   Love Advice   |   Sexually Speaking   |   Military Spouses   |   Online Romance   |   Ask A Male   |   LDR   |   Holidays  
Lovingyou.com > Love Advice & Tips > Romantic Ideas > One year Anniversary Teenagers
One year Anniversary Teenagers posted: 09/29/08 at 3:27 AM
reganown  [more]
IP: Logged
 Group: New Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
well im in a relationship with a girl who was my best friend... we are getting clsoe to one year and im blank for gifts and any romantic ideas that we can do together.

i am really looking forward to this she already knows everything about me and same with me to her... i think

so any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

click to: respond to this topic

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 09/29/08 at 4:46 AM

Kaldurenik  [more]
 Group: Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
Age?

Also why are you asking us for ideas if you know everything about her ? Should you not know what kind of things she like in that case :P?
But its hard to say what you should do depending on your age.

----------
My quote:
There are many paths in your life, due to what action you do and what choice you make you decide what road to walk.

So chris... What do you study?
I study Electricity!
I bring light to peoples life.

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 09/29/08 at 5:09 AM
reganown  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
ok thanks alot im 17 but we will both me 18 when its our 1 year. sry bout that

posted: 10/02/08 at 11:59 AM

ABistline  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I did this for my boyfriend for our 1-year...

Get some pastel computer paper of various colors, and cut out 365 hearts (for the 365 days- or 1 year- you've been together). On each heart, write a different way to say "I love you," an inside joke, a song lyric, etc... make it really personal. Then put all of them into a vase or something (dress it up nice with ribbon, glass paint, etc.) and tell her to draw out one heart every day and the gift will last a whole 'nother year! Like I said, I did this for my bf and he absolutely loved it! Every evening we would make a point to draw out a new heart together & read it. One tip- remember to put the hearts you pull out into a separate container otherwise you end up drawing them over & over again =)

----------
Ali & Andrew: established 12/4/2004

"Here's to cheating, stealing, fighting, and drinking.
If you cheat, may you cheat death.
If you steal, may you steal a woman's heart.
If you fight, may you fight for a brother.
And if you drink, may you drink with me!"
~Irish toast

posted: 10/02/08 at 4:24 PM

cmartin3  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Oh, I remember those days. Sometimes the simple things mean the most, dinner, a movie and a small gift - something for them to remember you by when you're not there. My boyfriend (well, make that ex, that was 12 years ago), gave me his favorite sweatshirt with his scent (cologne..yum). That comforted me on many lonely nights! It meant a lot that he wanted me to have a part of him around even if he wasn't around (we went to different schools for a year).

----------
"I can see Russia from my house."

posted: 10/02/08 at 6:54 PM
reganown  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
i really like that heart idea but there is no way that we will be together everyday to do that together... so that suks. and the sweater idea is pretty good also but i think that really isnt a anniversary gift but its really heartfelt and nice but i dunno just seems kinda like something i wouldn't do. i would do it when we move a way or something to remember me by but not for a anniversary

posted: 10/04/08 at 4:11 AM

ABistline  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
You don't HAVE to be together to read the hearts, that's just what we did... but I'll tell you, it was A LOT of work to set up- it took me over a week to put together.

I agree with other people though... when my bf & I were that age, it was the little things that were the sweetest. He would make a nice dinner for me (special because he NEVER cooks, even now) and my favorite ice cream for desert. One thing that he did for me, which was simple but it still strikes me when I think about it 4 years later- we went out to dinner (not someplace too fancy... like Chili's or something like that) and he took a really weird route. After a while I asked where we were going and he pulled to the side of the road. He made me get out onto the sidewalk, then pulled a bouquet of roses out of a bush where he had hidden them earlier! He told me he loved me & gave me a big kiss & people driving past started honking That kept me smiling for weeks.

----------
Ali & Andrew: established 12/4/2004

"Here's to cheating, stealing, fighting, and drinking.
If you cheat, may you cheat death.
If you steal, may you steal a woman's heart.
If you fight, may you fight for a brother.
And if you drink, may you drink with me!"
~Irish toast

posted: 10/04/08 at 4:14 AM
reganown  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
ya well like almost when ever she comes over i cook for her... and she loves it so much her family doesnt cook much and i do alot.... so she loves that.

i dunno my one friend her bf got her a necklace and that was like 150$... and i dont know if my gf is expecting that or not... cause i dont want to just go out for a nice dinner and some flowers if she wants something like that.... and then again i know she will love the dinner and flowers but it may be a let down.

posted: 10/04/08 at 3:31 PM

Ejoriah  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I'm sure she'll be happy with whatever you give her, because she loves you ^^.

I am 17, and for my one year anniversary with my SO he gave me a necklace I've been wanting since forever... and it cost him ~ $160, PLUS he had paid for my plane ticket to see him...

but I digress

with my ex, for our one year anniversary he took me out to the restaurant where we had had our first date. There I gave him a gift I had taken time to make (a journal about us) and the look on his face was amazing. After dinner we went for a walk along the beach (conveniently located right across from the restaurant) and snuggled whilst looking at the stars...

I don't know what your geographical location is like, but maybe I managed to give you some ideas

----------
RIP Rodger Swan 19/12/86 - 26/01/10

posted: 10/05/08 at 8:43 AM
missymoo007  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
i always say the best date myself and my partner had was in the lounge room on the floor when we still lived with his mother a while back.

I was out- he come and picked me up, we got home and to my suprise there was candles lit, pillows on the floor and soft music going.
we had a cheese platter, some ham rolls he made up and some cup cakes. we also had some wine.

he said he actually planned it to be at the beach but it was raining so it had to be inside.

4 yrs later its still one of my fav dates we've had and his never done any thing like it again

----------

More On Page: (1) 2 »

Notice: Use this form ONLY if you are already a member! New users, register for free here!
Notice: This is our quick reply form, for all reply options such as smilies, HTML and more, click here!
Fast Reply:
Your User Name:    Want to register?
Your Password:    Forgotten your password?
Subject: (Optional)
Show Signature: include your profile signature.
 Notice: By submitting to this site, you agree to these terms of use.
Forum Options:
· Save this topic to my favorites (subscribed)!

· Email this topic to a friend!
Rate This Thread:

Back To: Lovingyou.com > Love Advice & Tips > Romantic Ideas > One year Anniversary Teenagers

LOVINGYOU.COM SITE MAP
LOVE:  Communication | Affairs | Dating | Getting Serious | Getting Married | Break Ups | Loving Yourself | Support Groups | Dear Love
ROMANCE:  Romance 101 | Ideas | Date Nights | Recipes for Two | Romantic Travel | Craft Ideas | Holidays & Celebrations
PASSION:  Lovemaking 101 | Passion Play | Loverotica | Ask Aphrodite | Pillow Talk
INSPIRATION:  Love Poetry | Love Letters | Love Quotes | Love Stories | Dedications | Printables | Lovescopes | eCards
   Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Writer's Guidelines | Suggestions

Lovingyou.com, Inc.SM All rights reserved.

Message board powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000, 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

SheKnows Lifestyles