A collection of love, romance and relationships resources including advice, poetry, quotes, dedications, chat, horoscopes, romantic ideas, message boards, free love postcards and much more!!
What's New Today on LYC...
Monthly Romance Calendar
Forum Quick Links:   Forum Home   |   My Home Page   |   My Inbox   |   My Calendar   |   Find Members   |   FAQ   |   Terms  
Popular Forums:   LYC Chat   |   Love Advice   |   Sexually Speaking   |   Military Spouses   |   Online Romance   |   Ask A Male   |   LDR   |   Holidays  
Lovingyou.com > Long Distance Support > Long Distance Relationships > LDR Birthday Ideas
LDR Birthday Ideas posted: 06/06/08 at 11:45 PM

CameraConnie  [more]
IP: Logged
 Group: Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
So I'm stuck... haha I don't have a whole bunch of ideas for my SO's birthday. (yes I am going in a present for him with his brother so I have a gift covered...but I want to do something special)

I don't have the means to come out and surprise him like I was hoping, so I wanted to know if any of you guys out there had some ideas for gifts/care packages that I could send to him in the mail?

I have over a month to decide what I'm going to do - but I really want to do something special. Any ideas?

----------
RIP Rodger Swan 12/19/86 - 1/26/10

Wife of a Navy Reservist. I love my sailor.

8/25/2007 - first meet ♥ 12/26/2009 - proposal ♥ 5/28/2011 - we tied the knot ♥

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

click to: respond to this topic

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 06/06/08 at 11:51 PM

Marie_77  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I'm not very creative, but sent my fiance's favorite cake (Red Velvet) for his birthday and he loved it!

We live in different countries so I order it online at: www.secretspoon.com

I edited to post more ideas All these are things I bought online while he was deployed for christmas, birthdays and anniversaries.

DVD's of favorite TV Series
CD's
His favorite cologne
A new cologne that I liked a lot
Movies DVD's
Magazine subscription (Men's Health)
Books
Leather wallet
Underarmour shirts (very useful gift if your SO wears an army uniform).
Neutrogena hair stuff! (Haha! He'll be upset if he reads this, but when I visit he always uses my conditioner and hair stuff so I sent him some! LOL)
Clinique stuff for his face (same reason why I got him the neutrogena stuff LOL).

If I think of more I'll post again

----------

wedding countdown

Last edited by Marie_77 on 06/07/08 at 12:17 PM

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 06/07/08 at 2:43 AM
only.you.03  [more]
 Group: New Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
For his birthday last year I got him a shirt, lmao. His favourite colour is camo so I got him a blue one. For Christmas last year I got him a boxing DVD about his favourite Boxer. For our anniversary I got a box and decorated it. I cut out 100 little hearts and wrote a different reason of why I love him on each on them. He loved it! I'm always sending him cards and stuff.

posted: 06/07/08 at 11:49 AM

Poetman  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
In the past, I have found a bazillion ideas in the Ideas section of LYC. There are so many, from crafts to date nights...I picked a few to make (I love crafts) and though the person they got sent to didn't appreciate them, I did have fun in the making

Poetman

----------
Rodger Swan 12/19/1986-1/26/2010 Gone too soon, remembered forever. R.I.P my friend.

You have everything that I have to give; it is the only way that Love truly exists. You and I are each One, and we are both One~E

I cannot be accurately judged by the meat and bone wrapped around me - its features were not my choice.~E

I Love you. Love Me as I Love you, you are Me. you are not me; only here are we we, separate rather than Me, One.~E

posted: 06/07/08 at 12:47 PM

recoil  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Since you have some time...you could try something along the lines of this. Go back thru letters/emails/chat logs and collect the bits of conversation that stick out - and put them in a scrap book with pictures...

Working on that for my Angel and its kinda neat - lotsa good stuff there.

----------
Learn patience, attain permanence.

posted: 06/09/08 at 9:39 AM

koreabound  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Well, I just sent a box, to my S.O. (but he doesn't know it). I sent it to a mutual friend who said that he would deposit the stuff where ever he wants me too, and so I am having my friend drop stuff of at work, and his university and bring stuff over to his apt.

I included different foods from the States that have Korean on them or you can't find there like chocolate and peanut butter oreos, pineapple fanta, stickers with Korean, and a tom and jerry metal chopstick and spoon set, so that he can practice before he comes over to visit me here.... I plan on sending him emails throughout the day to let him know whats coming up next.

I am so excited about this its been really hard to keep it a secret, cause it will take the box 2 weeks to get to my friends house.

----------
"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage."- Lao Tzu

posted: 06/10/08 at 7:27 AM

CameraConnie  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Thanks a lot for all the ideas!!!

marie77: I love the cake idea :-D

poetman: So I think I'm going to do something really crafty for him - I've made him comics before, but single page ones - I'm thinking about doing one on the story of us from our first meeting to his birthday.

recoil: I've been scrapping a few pages for us - so I might do a page just for him to keep and maybe frame it?

Also I found out he really wants to do some work with his truck - so I'm going to get him a kit to completly detail it I think he'll like that *crosses fingers*

Wow so many ideas to play around with!! Thanks a bunch everyone for posting!

----------
RIP Rodger Swan 12/19/86 - 1/26/10

Wife of a Navy Reservist. I love my sailor.

8/25/2007 - first meet ♥ 12/26/2009 - proposal ♥ 5/28/2011 - we tied the knot ♥

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

posted: 06/10/08 at 10:02 AM
Rope  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I thought of what I am going to do for her birthday even before she left. I am going to have a birthday party for her ...just me and her at our favorite restaurant.... I am going to video tape the table with me on oneside and the camera angle from where she would sit. I am going to sit and talk to her, eat my food, and tell her how much I love her. I love her so much. I will edit the video and add pictures and some of her favorite music.

I think that this is a start. There are so many things that I will send her as well. I wish I could be there on her birthday, but i may not be able to see her until about two months afterwards

Notice: Use this form ONLY if you are already a member! New users, register for free here!
Notice: This is our quick reply form, for all reply options such as smilies, HTML and more, click here!
Fast Reply:
Your User Name:    Want to register?
Your Password:    Forgotten your password?
Subject: (Optional)
Show Signature: include your profile signature.
 Notice: By submitting to this site, you agree to these terms of use.
Forum Options:
· Save this topic to my favorites (subscribed)!

· Email this topic to a friend!
Rate This Thread:

Back To: Lovingyou.com > Long Distance Support > Long Distance Relationships > LDR Birthday Ideas

LOVINGYOU.COM SITE MAP
LOVE:  Communication | Affairs | Dating | Getting Serious | Getting Married | Break Ups | Loving Yourself | Support Groups | Dear Love
ROMANCE:  Romance 101 | Ideas | Date Nights | Recipes for Two | Romantic Travel | Craft Ideas | Holidays & Celebrations
PASSION:  Lovemaking 101 | Passion Play | Loverotica | Ask Aphrodite | Pillow Talk
INSPIRATION:  Love Poetry | Love Letters | Love Quotes | Love Stories | Dedications | Printables | Lovescopes | eCards
   Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Writer's Guidelines | Suggestions

Lovingyou.com, Inc.SM All rights reserved.

Message board powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000, 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

SheKnows Lifestyles