A collection of love, romance and relationships resources including advice, poetry, quotes, dedications, chat, horoscopes, romantic ideas, message boards, free love postcards and much more!!
What's New Today on LYC...
Monthly Romance Calendar
Forum Quick Links:   Forum Home   |   My Home Page   |   My Inbox   |   My Calendar   |   Find Members   |   FAQ   |   Terms  
Popular Forums:   LYC Chat   |   Love Advice   |   Sexually Speaking   |   Military Spouses   |   Online Romance   |   Ask A Male   |   LDR   |   Holidays  
Lovingyou.com > Relationship Support > Multicultural Romance > Black Woman & Indian Man Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.00 average.
Black Woman & Indian Man Talking posted: 05/09/06 at 8:37 AM

Diva2NV  [more]
IP: Logged
 Group: New Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
Hello all!

My name is DeeDee, I'm 22 yrs old & dating an East Indian man for 2yrs. I was online 2 weeks ago looking for a Black woman who is in a relationship with an Indian man like myself. Its very Hard to find Black women who are involved in relationships with Indian men. My title/thread I wrote 2 weeks ago was (AFRICAN AMERICAN & EAST INDIAN) & no one responded? that's weird. Any black females dating Indian men out there besides me? If so Please email me of write me on here, this is my first online chatting experince.

Take care, & Hope to hear from someone soon!
DeeDee

----------
~~Be happy & Smile at someone, cuz ya never no when that smile might pay off~~

Quote, by *ME* miss Deelicious Diva 2 NV

Last edited by Diva2NV on 05/09/06 at 9:02 AM

click to: respond to this topic

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 05/24/06 at 10:50 PM
Emma2006  [more]
Make Buddy |
Hi, I'm a white woman in her 20's currently dating an Indian guy; I have a friend who is half black, half Indian, who recently broke up with her Indian boyfriend. All men are different, so I don't want to suggest that my boyfriend is representative of most Indians. But he's a great person, really sensitive, thoughtful, a great kisser, and I love being with him. His family is still back in India, which made me wary of whether he's spoken to them about us -- he says that he has told them, and I'm going to speak to them on the phone next week, which will make me a little more confident that he's not just fooling around with American girls and then going to return to India to marry someone his family approves of.

Regarding black women -- I know that some Indians can be racist; my boyfriend says he doesn't discriminate (though obviously it is easy to say that, and another thing to prove it by dating women who aren't white); and obviously my friend who is half black has no problem finding Indian guys. Again, all men are different; but that is my experience. Sorry if it's not completely relevant to your question!

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 05/30/06 at 10:34 PM

Diva2NV  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Well thanks for responding.

----------

posted: 06/27/06 at 12:43 PM
smartkitmj  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Hi there Diva2nv,
I'm a young black female in a beginning relationship with an east indiam man. Can you please tell me more about your experiences? We've been together 5 months. I"m sorry that I can't give you advice but am infact asking *for* advice. Please tell me your story.
Smartkitmj.

P.S. There are no couples like us around us either. I'm in the Dirty South part of the US.

posted: 06/28/06 at 5:43 AM

Diva2NV  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
hELLo Smart!

Thank you for answering my post, Girrrrrl, its been awhile since, I've come on here, Im so happy that you post, Well, I met my sweetie in Jerz. & he & I just clicked, he is the most sweetest guy I've known as of yet. I have a myspace page & our picture is on it, Im also a memeber of AAAUnity.com its a place where African American & Asian couples chat. Our love story is on there as well.
http://www.myspace.com/deeliciousgal
Well to me its just sorta different, because I was so use to dating brothas, caribbean men etc. Sometimes we get stares, which we love & we down play it girl , we make them hate even more, like we hold hands tighter, kiss & all in public. hahah, like we went to blockbuster in NY, this blk guy & girl that works there, acts funny when they saw us, so the next time we went it, we Up the antie. if you know what I mean. I would like to know more about you, & your sweetie, how did you guys met, how old are you two, etc. share all your goodies. So enjoy sweetie, post soon!
DD

----------

posted: 07/06/06 at 1:25 PM
lamadonna  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
OH MY GOSH! helloooooo. I thought I was alone! Well, I have man he was born in America, but his parents are from the Northwest coast of India. He is adorable...he adores me and I adore him. We get stares. But, it seems like i never notice cause we are in our own world. Before him, I only had black boyfriends. He hit on me when we met, but people act as if i purposely sought him out in order to steal another young indian bachelor from the indian girl who has "rights" to him....eh?

well, we r n love and now we are dealing with the prospect of introducing his parents to the fact that we are together and im not going anywhere. i cook indian food, as well as other food. i do many of the things for him that are commonly thought of as only being able to be done by an indian girl...it's about taking care of your partner's needs...it's not genetic! ive learned indian cooking by people i know, cookbooks, and frankly by trying it out on him. I make him chai and i massage his scalp with coconut oil.

im sooo afraid to meet his mom...she is going to lose it!

posted: 07/23/06 at 5:52 AM

LILY555  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Hello Diva2NV
I'm a 19 halfblk-halfwht girl and my b/f is from india he has been in the u.s.
about 6yrs.
We have been together for about a year. He just Loves me
and I love him, he is soo affectionate toward's me public and
private he does everything for me cook,clean ect.
And his Family like's me and my family like's him.
My Question is do indian men like dominating women?

posted: 08/03/06 at 8:04 AM

BreLee  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I don't know much about Indian dating customs and can use some help/advice. I am a Nurse and Mixed heritage (Black & White). The son of one of my patients approached me and asked for my phone number so he could keep in touch with me. He in turn gave me every number I could reach him at (3 numbers : home, cell and work). Over the past 3 years we have conversed pretty much every other day over a wide subject range, I have met his parents, cousins, aunt and uncle, etc. They have brought me Indian food to my job and brought me Sarees from their recent trip home to India. We have not however, ever gone out on a date or anything. I don't know what to think. His family and friends joke when they see me and call him my husband but yet he and I have never gone out or spent personal time together. He has had 2 deaths in his family over the past year and 2 marriages into the family during this past year. I know all of that has been a lot in his life but when I have asked where I stand, I get "be patient for a little while longer". When I told him I give up and don't want to wait any longer to find out where I stand, he tells me "please don't give up". What do you think and do you have any advice. I really do care for him and could see a future with him.

posted: 08/22/06 at 5:14 AM

Get-Allied  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I cant believe there are so many of us out there! African female dating a Tamil (indian) guy

----------
The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority.

Black woman Married to an Indian posted: 08/22/06 at 1:16 PM
abeckwith27  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Well, Hello everyone. I'm African american and married to a wonderful East Indian man. Recently spent two and a half months in India and thankfully my experience has been a positive one all the way around. I have a mother-in-law that I absolutely adore and his family has accepted me with open arms. Our experience should offer anyone hope. Not only am I black but I was also divorced with five year old twins when my husband and I married. I was everything a typical Indian mother would not want for her son. Fortunately my mother in law is not typical. My huband had never been married before and had turned down several arranged marriages because he wanted a marriage based on love rather than convienence and preservation of culture. I know it's sometimes hard to post all of your business on a public arena like this one so if any of you want information or support feel fee to email me at trulyatreasure@hotmail.com. Just know that because I've lived in the culture and I generally know who they feel about us, I'm going to be blunt in honesty about why they don't often accept relationships such as ours. Skin tone is HUGE over there and the darker the skin tone the worst you are treated. Plus there is the added image of American women in general. Like I said if anyone wants info feel free to contact me. Good luck to all of you.

More On Page: (1) 2 3 4 » ... Last »

Notice: Use this form ONLY if you are already a member! New users, register for free here!
Notice: This is our quick reply form, for all reply options such as smilies, HTML and more, click here!
Fast Reply:
Your User Name:    Want to register?
Your Password:    Forgotten your password?
Subject: (Optional)
Show Signature: include your profile signature.
 Notice: By submitting to this site, you agree to these terms of use.
Forum Options:
· Save this topic to my favorites (subscribed)!

· Email this topic to a friend!
Rate This Thread:

Back To: Lovingyou.com > Relationship Support > Multicultural Romance > Black Woman & Indian Man

LOVINGYOU.COM SITE MAP
LOVE:  Communication | Affairs | Dating | Getting Serious | Getting Married | Break Ups | Loving Yourself | Support Groups | Dear Love
ROMANCE:  Romance 101 | Ideas | Date Nights | Recipes for Two | Romantic Travel | Craft Ideas | Holidays & Celebrations
PASSION:  Lovemaking 101 | Passion Play | Loverotica | Ask Aphrodite | Pillow Talk
INSPIRATION:  Love Poetry | Love Letters | Love Quotes | Love Stories | Dedications | Printables | Lovescopes | eCards
   Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Writer's Guidelines | Suggestions

Lovingyou.com, Inc.SM All rights reserved.

Message board powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000, 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

SheKnows Lifestyles