A collection of love, romance and relationships resources including advice, poetry, quotes, dedications, chat, horoscopes, romantic ideas, message boards, free love postcards and much more!!
What's New Today on LYC...
Monthly Romance Calendar
Forum Quick Links:   Forum Home   |   My Home Page   |   My Inbox   |   My Calendar   |   Find Members   |   FAQ   |   Terms  
Popular Forums:   LYC Chat   |   Love Advice   |   Sexually Speaking   |   Military Spouses   |   Online Romance   |   Ask A Male   |   LDR   |   Holidays  
Lovingyou.com > Love Advice & Tips > Romantic Ideas > One Month Anniversary! :) Help!
One Month Anniversary! :) Help! Question posted: 05/01/06 at 9:46 AM

PrncssShan03  [more]
IP: Logged
 Group: Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
Alright so I know it's kinda corny but it's going to be our one month anniversary on Saturday. My boyfriend and I had to overcome a lot to be together and I couldn't be happier where we are and what we've been through.

This past weekend he really proved to me just how amazing he is. My dad is really violent and abusive and basically kicked me out of the house while we were out together. My bf just laid next to me and wanted to let me know he wasn't leaving until I was okay and that he wanted to help me through this. He's amazing.

Anyway, this is his first "real girlfriend" and I want to do something cute for him but nothing over the top where it would scare him. I know I'm going to of course buy him a cute card and I was thinking about ordering copies of pictures of us and putting them into a frame...does anyone have any other ideas???

Also, what do we do during the day? I thought about a picnic but I don't know...

Thanks!

----------
"Nothing worthwhile ever comes easy."

LJ & Shannon ~ April 6th, 2006

click to: respond to this topic

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 05/01/06 at 10:47 AM

punknprncss  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
We celebrated every month for the first year. We still recognize our monthly anniversary (Which is today - 2 yrs 8months). But we just say happy anniversary, nothing special.

I think if you put one picture in a frame and put the rest in a photo album, also maybe hand write him a letter telling him how he's helped and what he means to you.

As for what to do...I never cared for picnics. But some people love them. Other ideas, recreate your first date, have a kids day and go to an amusement park or some other kid place and just have fun. Make him dinner, go bowling, to a movie, stay in and play monopoly all day long. Maybe since she's been so helpful plan a day that involves everything he loves to do.

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 05/01/06 at 10:56 AM

PrncssShan03  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
congrats on your anniversary!

thanks for the ideas. i think maybe putting one special picture in a frame is a good idea.

def writing him a letter inside his card would probably be special too. i want him to know how much he means to me and everything he's done for me even though he probably doesn't realize it!

----------
"Nothing worthwhile ever comes easy."

LJ & Shannon ~ April 6th, 2006

posted: 05/01/06 at 11:16 AM

punknprncss  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
This is kinda cheesy but what about making him a "Best Boyfriend Award" and framing it?

posted: 05/25/06 at 1:01 PM

auburn  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
If you have one of those Build-A-Bear workshops, you should go there and build him a cute bear and maybe dress it up in clothes like things he likes to do. Like if he loves baseball, dress it up in a baseball jersey or something like that.

----------
I Love My Airman! Even though he's a Poopface!

Smile posted: 06/09/06 at 12:53 AM
partygurl  [more]
 Group: New Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
Does he like massages? They always do the trick for me...they have massage kits in a box now that come with candles, massagers, massage oils, etc. that you could use to set a romantic mood. It's just something fun and romantic that you 2 could share. Or you might want to try decorating his room with rose petals, etc. I'm sure he'll appreciate the effort you put into your gift, whatever you decided to do anyway. Good luck!

Here's an example of a massage kit -

https://inthemood.com/order.asp

posted: 06/09/06 at 12:54 AM
partygurl  [more]
 Group: New Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
Sorry, I gave the wrong link - this is the right one...

https://inthemood.com/order.asp?InvDispCatID=25&InvDispSubCatID=76

posted: 06/16/06 at 5:20 AM

girlygirl476  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Maybe you could burn him a cd full of songs that remind you about him or that are special to both of you. You could also make him coupons like... "Good For One Movie of Your Choice".

Congrats and good luck!

----------
"Fear less, hope more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Hate less, love more; And all good things are yours."

"Nunc scio quit sit amor"
"Now I know what love is"

posted: 06/16/06 at 11:43 AM

kebz  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I dont think you should really go over the top with buying him gifts and stuff, its only your one month together... i think a nice card and a picture of the two of you together in a frame would be fine.

----------
Together Since: 10 Nov 2001
Engaged: 06 Nov 2011
Married: 10 Nov 2012

posted: 06/27/06 at 3:00 AM
Stripped  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I would make a little book with all the little things that you have done to brighten up my day, or just go out to dinner and enjoy each other you know.

Notice: Use this form ONLY if you are already a member! New users, register for free here!
Notice: This is our quick reply form, for all reply options such as smilies, HTML and more, click here!
Fast Reply:
Your User Name:    Want to register?
Your Password:    Forgotten your password?
Subject: (Optional)
Show Signature: include your profile signature.
 Notice: By submitting to this site, you agree to these terms of use.
Forum Options:
· Save this topic to my favorites (subscribed)!

· Email this topic to a friend!
Rate This Thread:

Back To: Lovingyou.com > Love Advice & Tips > Romantic Ideas > One Month Anniversary! :) Help!

LOVINGYOU.COM SITE MAP
LOVE:  Communication | Affairs | Dating | Getting Serious | Getting Married | Break Ups | Loving Yourself | Support Groups | Dear Love
ROMANCE:  Romance 101 | Ideas | Date Nights | Recipes for Two | Romantic Travel | Craft Ideas | Holidays & Celebrations
PASSION:  Lovemaking 101 | Passion Play | Loverotica | Ask Aphrodite | Pillow Talk
INSPIRATION:  Love Poetry | Love Letters | Love Quotes | Love Stories | Dedications | Printables | Lovescopes | eCards
   Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Writer's Guidelines | Suggestions

Lovingyou.com, Inc.SM All rights reserved.

Message board powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000, 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

SheKnows Lifestyles