A collection of love, romance and relationships resources including advice, poetry, quotes, dedications, chat, horoscopes, romantic ideas, message boards, free love postcards and much more!!
What's New Today on LYC...
Monthly Romance Calendar
Forum Quick Links:   Forum Home   |   My Home Page   |   My Inbox   |   My Calendar   |   Find Members   |   FAQ   |   Terms  
Popular Forums:   LYC Chat   |   Love Advice   |   Sexually Speaking   |   Military Spouses   |   Online Romance   |   Ask A Male   |   LDR   |   Holidays  
Lovingyou.com > Pillow Talk > Sexually Speaking > Does sex change your body ?
Does sex change your body ? Question posted: 03/13/06 at 3:20 AM

msbonitadama  [more]
IP: Logged
 Group: Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
I have recently become sexually active, and I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this ?

After having sex several times so far, I have noticed changes in my body. For example my butt is fuller and my thighs. I am short and a little so any little addition is greatly appreciated, I just wanted to know who else experienced body changes after sex . Does anyone know why this happens ? websites are appreciated too.

Thanks in advance.

----------
There is no man who will love me more than Jesus does, but its nice to see someone try. (My Christopher Joe)

Rushing is for rivers, as people we have to logically think about the situations we put ourselves in sometimes.

click to: respond to this topic

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 03/13/06 at 4:19 AM

l_elena_r  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Yes, it does, but not to every person. Hormonal changes are the reason, but a natural predisposition of some kind must be there too.

----------
Elena

"Don't worry, be happy!"

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 03/13/06 at 5:08 AM

l_elena_r  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
No, when no change in your life except having regular sex (and I'm not talking about the ones who had sex once or twice and then chose to abstain many more years), the body still changes due to the new hormonal flow happening when having sex. Breasts become fuller, thighs and bottom as well, the look on the face changes.
For some people, like me, who already had hormonal imbalance before marriage, the marriage (i.e having sex) either changes the metabollism to a quicker burning, or even slower and the wieght gaining is more important.

----------
Elena

"Don't worry, be happy!"

posted: 03/13/06 at 8:11 AM

msbonitadama  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Thanks to all of you who understand where I am coming from, for those of you who don't , it's a hormonal change. I want to know more about it, so my research will be continual. I have heard of this "body change " before it happened to one of my other petite friends, and now it's happening to me. It's different from gaining weight, it's like filling out.

----------
There is no man who will love me more than Jesus does, but its nice to see someone try. (My Christopher Joe)

Rushing is for rivers, as people we have to logically think about the situations we put ourselves in sometimes.

posted: 03/13/06 at 8:31 AM

OleRebel  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
The very act of sex, releases hormones. Now think about this....how would a man get an erection, or a woman lubricate if there wasn't a hormonal change.

Men who start having sex, get rounder, fuller buttocks, and muscle buildup. Women get firmer breasts, adn more curves. Now brith control has an effect as well, but the act of sex actually causes a hormonal change which can definately change a persons body. Semen and vaginal fluid are socked full of hormones, and are created by hormones.

Women and men who wait until they get married, or a little longer in life to be sexually active will notice this more. But the younger you are when you start having sex, the less you will notice, because the effects may be taking place when all the other hormonal changes are occurring.

Tis a fact, and one that is scientific, and long established!

----------
Ole' Rebel

posted: 03/13/06 at 5:29 PM

l_elena_r  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
We are not wired exactly the same, if we were, then all female bodies would produce exactly the same amount of hormones in a given time or situation.
But in reality there are ladies who have more estrogene or folliculine, there are ladies who have more androgene hormones because this is their genetic heritage, their body is set to produce that amount of hormones. Then, when starting a sex life, the hormones issued when having sex are not "alone in the world", they mox with the already existing hormones. And if an imbalance existed, it can be corrected or accentuated. Besides, all the endocrine functions are in tight connection one with another, cross-influencing one another.

I agree with OleRebel that the ones who start having sex younger do not notice so much because they attribute the change to a normal growing process. And the women who are well balanced hormonally do not experience any changes at all.

In conditions of not changing anything in my lifestyle and schedule, just having sex, in the first 3 months after marriage I gained 15 kg. My hormonal imbalance (already existing from puberty - too many androgene hormones and too little estrogene, plus thyroid problems as well) was aggravated by marriage.
I am sorry that I cannot express everything in English, but I think I made myself understood.

----------
Elena

"Don't worry, be happy!"

posted: 03/13/06 at 8:36 PM

Fiona G  [more]
 Group: New Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
I too have only recently become sexually active. But no, I haven't noticed any difference in my body, except, of course, I no longer have an intact hymen.

posted: 03/14/06 at 7:27 AM

Hesparus  [more]
Make Buddy |
Orgasm releases the hormones oxytocin, vasopressin and prolactin. A recent study in Biological Psychology shows that the release of prolactin is four times higher in sex that involves penis-vagina penetration when compared to masturbatory orgasm or non-intercourse sexual activity with a partner.
The hormonal composition of human semen is not as well understood as, for example, the semen of stallions which contains curiously high amounts of estrogen. It is known, however, that human semen contains immunomodulators. I read an abstract today for an article that shows that people who regularly engage in intercourse deal with stress better than people who don't. A few months ago I read an article about human sperm composition, but I can't remember much about what it said or where it came from (so it's really not that useful, here... But the information is out there if anyone has the time to look it up and access to scientific journals). Ultimately, though, sperm is a coctail of chemicals, proteins and specialized cells (for example, I found neutrophils in a sperm sample a few weeks ago) that includes far more than sperm and its solvent.
There was an article last year in psychology today that suggested that sperm contains chemicals that act as mood elevators in women (although there were significant methodological problems with the study).
There is a lot of potential for good research in the composition of human sperm and the effects the ingredients are likely to have on women but it is not being done (in part) because people are afraid of the implications. There are only a few people with the balls to take on that kind of study and the ones I know don't have the chemistry skills to do it. It's something that I'd love to do, but I don't have the skills or funding and I worry about the effects it would have on my lifespan if I found what I would expect to find.
I have never heard of sex resulting in changes to the body. The hormonal changes associated with sex are pretty short-lived, so seeing a profound change seems unlikely. It sounds like an urban legend similar to how a lot of teenage boys think that shaving will make your facial hair grow back in thicker.
Depending on the circumstances of your sex, though, there may be other hormonal changes going on. For example, if you are having sex for the first time with someone who you are in love with, at the same time you are falling in love with them, you might see a false correlation. There are well established hormonal effects of love, although I doubt that they could account for the changes you are seeing. The changes you describe seem to be the normal changes in body architecture associated with the crock pot of hormones associated with puberty in girls (such as the increase in gynoid fat).
This is quickly becomming a dissertation (rambling though it may be), so I'll try to keep it short but there are a couple of last points I want to make.
Sex can cause hormonal changes in women leading to earlier ovulation. Similarly, exposure to the testosterone metabolite androstenol may lead to earlier ovulation and possibly mediate ovulatory synchrony (if it even exists). Indeed, humans are capible of chemical communication to a much greater degree than previously thought. As this is the topic of my actual dissertaion, I will spare you the rest of the details.

----------
- Chris

"Love is lightning fast, and sudden as
the Finnish knife." - Mikhail Bulgakov

posted: 03/14/06 at 8:31 AM

christycreme  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I think some of the only changes sex can bring on in the body, longterm anyway, is pregnancy LMAO!

Other than that I agree with sailor!

----------
Christy

posted: 03/14/06 at 9:40 AM
NIN  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I don't think you can attribute your changes in your body to sex, you are 20 years old, your body is changing because you are becoming a women and your body is getting ready for childbirth, it's as simple as that.

----------
Penis envy- The supposed wish of a girl or woman to have a penis, postulated by Sigmund Freud as a cause of feelings of inferiority and psychic conflict.

More On Page: (1) 2 »

Notice: Use this form ONLY if you are already a member! New users, register for free here!
Notice: This is our quick reply form, for all reply options such as smilies, HTML and more, click here!
Fast Reply:
Your User Name:    Want to register?
Your Password:    Forgotten your password?
Subject: (Optional)
Show Signature: include your profile signature.
 Notice: By submitting to this site, you agree to these terms of use.
Forum Options:
· Save this topic to my favorites (subscribed)!

· Email this topic to a friend!
Rate This Thread:

Back To: Lovingyou.com > Pillow Talk > Sexually Speaking > Does sex change your body ?

LOVINGYOU.COM SITE MAP
LOVE:  Communication | Affairs | Dating | Getting Serious | Getting Married | Break Ups | Loving Yourself | Support Groups | Dear Love
ROMANCE:  Romance 101 | Ideas | Date Nights | Recipes for Two | Romantic Travel | Craft Ideas | Holidays & Celebrations
PASSION:  Lovemaking 101 | Passion Play | Loverotica | Ask Aphrodite | Pillow Talk
INSPIRATION:  Love Poetry | Love Letters | Love Quotes | Love Stories | Dedications | Printables | Lovescopes | eCards
   Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Writer's Guidelines | Suggestions

Lovingyou.com, Inc.SM All rights reserved.

Message board powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000, 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

SheKnows Lifestyles