A collection of love, romance and relationships resources including advice, poetry, quotes, dedications, chat, horoscopes, romantic ideas, message boards, free love postcards and much more!!
What's New Today on LYC...
Monthly Romance Calendar
Forum Quick Links:   Forum Home   |   My Home Page   |   My Inbox   |   My Calendar   |   Find Members   |   FAQ   |   Terms  
Popular Forums:   LYC Chat   |   Love Advice   |   Sexually Speaking   |   Military Spouses   |   Online Romance   |   Ask A Male   |   LDR   |   Holidays  
Lovingyou.com > Family Matters > Divorce Support > What do you do with the wedding rings after your divorced?
What do you do with the wedding rings after your divorced? posted: 02/22/06 at 6:48 AM

Virbius  [more]
IP: Logged
 Group: New Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
What do you do with the wedding rings after your divorced?

Keeping them as keepsakes doesn’t seem to fly for philosophical reason of moving on, or what your new partner might think. Simply getting rid of them is a waste of potential money (of course if it was that bad ya might not care). If you sell them, what do you then do with the money you get from them? Using the money from old wedding rings to buy new ones for a current mate seems wrong on many different levels. And buying something with the money might drive the subconscious in carrying over any psychic energy from the rings to this, whatever it is you bought. Do you crouch in the corner rubbing it while you repeat to yourself, “my precious” over and over again?

Thank for the insight.

click to: respond to this topic

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 02/22/06 at 6:53 AM

THEREALTHING  [more]
 Group: Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
I kept mine for my daughter. When she's older I plan to make a nice necklace or ring setting out of them for her. Just because I don't like the rememberence of her father doesn't mean she doesn't.

----------
Tonya

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 02/22/06 at 6:56 AM

lostprincess  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
If you dont want to keep them, nor toss them, sell them, put the money in the bank, and don't worry about what next item was purchased using that money. If you dont want to keep the money, donate it to a charitable cause.

----------
Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true.

posted: 02/22/06 at 9:24 PM

~Carla~  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
The gold has some value but melted down... where would I sell mine? The diamond was lost but I have the setting... I know I would never get anything if i pawned it...

----------
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” - Marilyn Monroe

posted: 02/22/06 at 10:08 PM

THEREALTHING  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Never pawn. They go by the weight of the gold not the diamonds. I've seen lots of wedding sets on Ebay. I'd give that a try.

----------
Tonya

posted: 02/23/06 at 12:09 AM
ukman  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
i went to a second hand shop and got £5 and i went and bought myself a double jack danials !!

could of got more but a double jack d to get shut was well kool

----------
it took 8 months but life is great again!!!!!!!

posted: 02/23/06 at 12:12 AM

THEREALTHING  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
LOL ukman! That's an awesome idea.

----------
Tonya

posted: 02/23/06 at 3:39 AM

Hibiscus  [more]
Make Buddy |
It's easy:

You give them back to your ex and he/she can do what he/she pleases.

Wedding rings - before being a of jewel - are a symbol, plain and simple. When the marriage doesn't exist anymore, you get rid of the symbol. So you give them back to your ex and he/she does what he/she wants with them.

What did I do with my ex's wedding band? I threw it in the garbage. I certainely didn't want to sell it and have some money back over something that was dead for me. And what did I do with mine? I simply put them in a box and shipped them back to him. Case closed, not hearder than that.

posted: 02/23/06 at 9:19 PM
ukman  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
thats why i sold and got a double jack ...just the thought of her knowing what i done was enogh for me to know it would really really pSS her off ...you know what i mean.
i got £5 and could of got £200 if id of really tried.

and the double jd was better in my belly than 200 in her purse.

----------
it took 8 months but life is great again!!!!!!!

posted: 02/23/06 at 10:12 PM
seety  [more]
 Group: New Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
My husband and I are headed for divorce. He wears my wedding ring on his little finger to honor his 1st true love for me. I wear his wedding ring on my thumb for the same reason. We used to kiss each others rings while we were wearing them before. I find myself still kissing the ring and holding it to my heart at times. I dont regret our marriage and the life we had, I do regret that it went down the path to end. Truly I wish we could make us work and save our marriage, but time will only tell if our paths will ever cross again. We grew up together through school and never thought we would end up together. We have been married 9 yrs and have 4 children, so life works in misterious ways. Not knowing what the furture may hold for us and our children, the love we have may lead us back to each other in the end, no one but God above knows that answer right now....

More On Page: (1) 2 3 4 »

Notice: Use this form ONLY if you are already a member! New users, register for free here!
Notice: This is our quick reply form, for all reply options such as smilies, HTML and more, click here!
Fast Reply:
Your User Name:    Want to register?
Your Password:    Forgotten your password?
Subject: (Optional)
Show Signature: include your profile signature.
 Notice: By submitting to this site, you agree to these terms of use.
Forum Options:
· Save this topic to my favorites (subscribed)!

· Email this topic to a friend!
Rate This Thread:

Back To: Lovingyou.com > Family Matters > Divorce Support > What do you do with the wedding rings after your divorced?

LOVINGYOU.COM SITE MAP
LOVE:  Communication | Affairs | Dating | Getting Serious | Getting Married | Break Ups | Loving Yourself | Support Groups | Dear Love
ROMANCE:  Romance 101 | Ideas | Date Nights | Recipes for Two | Romantic Travel | Craft Ideas | Holidays & Celebrations
PASSION:  Lovemaking 101 | Passion Play | Loverotica | Ask Aphrodite | Pillow Talk
INSPIRATION:  Love Poetry | Love Letters | Love Quotes | Love Stories | Dedications | Printables | Lovescopes | eCards
   Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Writer's Guidelines | Suggestions

Lovingyou.com, Inc.SM All rights reserved.

Message board powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000, 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

SheKnows Lifestyles