A collection of love, romance and relationships resources including advice, poetry, quotes, dedications, chat, horoscopes, romantic ideas, message boards, free love postcards and much more!!
What's New Today on LYC...
Monthly Romance Calendar
Forum Quick Links:   Forum Home   |   My Home Page   |   My Inbox   |   My Calendar   |   Find Members   |   FAQ   |   Terms  
Popular Forums:   LYC Chat   |   Love Advice   |   Sexually Speaking   |   Military Spouses   |   Online Romance   |   Ask A Male   |   LDR   |   Holidays  
Lovingyou.com > Family Matters > Marriage > First thanksgiving as a married couple
First thanksgiving as a married couple Talking posted: 10/10/05 at 6:30 AM

wind_ryder  [more]
IP: Logged
 Group: Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
This weekend my husband and I are celebrating thanksgiving for the first time as a married couple (we're in Canada obviously). We're celebrating alone. Right now I'm working at the computer (I had to take a break and sneak on to this site hehe!), and my husband is painting and doing handy work in our new place. We're been married just under 2 months.

So how did you spend your first thanksgiving as a married couple? Did you do anything different or unique to make the holiday special? My family never relaly celebrated holidays (we're of a different religion) but I always loved this one for the food and gathering and love.

I know it's last minute. But I love to make tonight (we're having the turkey a day early) speacial.

click to: respond to this topic

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 10/10/05 at 6:33 AM

Riri Kyusai  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
ahh i will celebrate my first thanks giving with my hubby too in U.S hehe. i celebrated my first bday as a wife 3 days ago
i'd love to hear people story too. as well as first christmas. cant wait.

----------
To the question of u'r life, u r the only answer. To the problems of u'r life, u r the only solution.

Nobody is perfect and I am nobody. That's why, i am perfect.

Photobucket

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 10/10/05 at 11:12 PM

dawnajohn  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Our first Thanksgiving together was in Louisiana (we're from CA, he is military) and I just made a turkey breast, mashed potatoes and stuffing and rolls. I called my grandma for advice on the turkey too!! I had no idea what I was doing. I also bought a bottle of wine, but it was gross and we didn't drink it. We didn't have a table so we ate at the coffee table. It was different than all other Thanksgivings, but nice. Our first Christmas together didn't come until our 3rd christmas, if you know what I mean. He was in the desert and got home about 6 days before Christmas so I flew from home (where I was staying while he was away) and we had an intimate Christmas just the 2 of us. While he was in the desert I had also found out I was pregnant, so it was our last intimate christmas for a looong time!! He is getting out of the military and we are hoping to be closer to home and family so holidays are about to change again

Dawna

posted: 10/10/05 at 11:30 PM

RebeccaAnne  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Our first thanksgiving as a married couple was last year. Wehad been married for about 2 months. We didn't do anything special. We were extremely tight on cash, didn't even have a TABLE to eat at... and were basically living off of top ramen and frozen dinners. So we ended up going over to his friends house. He works in the Air force, so all the guys he worked with and their wives\husbands all went to this house. They cooked a lot of food! It was ok... but i remember being really homesick. It was my first holiday away from all my family. So when I called them, all my family was together celebrating. That was really tough on me. But this year, who knows. Maybe I will make a bigger effort to make this thanksgiving special.

----------
Whatever you are, be a good one

posted: 10/11/05 at 2:57 AM

imsowitty  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
We ended up having a turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing (which I messed up but I'm trying again tonight), peas, yams. And today I made home made turkey soup. Plus my husband got the painting done. So now we're relaxing today with full tummies

EDIT: This is wind_ryder forgetting to sign out of her husband's account again hehe!

----------
When she walks, All the Winds Blow, and the Angels sing. Holy Crap were having a baby!!!!
http://spaces.msn.com/members/imsowitty/

posted: 10/11/05 at 3:18 AM

imsowitty  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
This isn't wind_ryder, Baby I loved your stuffing

----------
When she walks, All the Winds Blow, and the Angels sing. Holy Crap were having a baby!!!!
http://spaces.msn.com/members/imsowitty/

posted: 10/11/05 at 11:49 AM

jcmartin0708  [more]
 Group: New Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
Well this year will be mine and my hubby's first thanksgiving together. I cannot wait. I've cooked several thanksgiving dinners in the past for my family, and I can't wait to do it for him as well. We are going tomorrow to look at this house we have been wanting and to be honest with you, thanksgiving and christmas were the two things that crossed my mind the fastest. I know i'm a newlywed, but i will be spending my holidays with my husband (who is my very best friend), our kids, and our family....In my eyes, life couldnt get any better. Congradulations hun. I hope you have a memory filled life with your new husband.

posted: 10/11/05 at 12:41 PM

banarabbyt1  [more]
 Group: Comm Director Assistant 
Make Buddy | PM User
Well, this is our first thanksgiving also- well, next month anyways, and we're going to my mom's house, but yeah, my mom is an AWESOME cook. lol.

----------
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Notice: Use this form ONLY if you are already a member! New users, register for free here!
Notice: This is our quick reply form, for all reply options such as smilies, HTML and more, click here!
Fast Reply:
Your User Name:    Want to register?
Your Password:    Forgotten your password?
Subject: (Optional)
Show Signature: include your profile signature.
 Notice: By submitting to this site, you agree to these terms of use.
Forum Options:
· Save this topic to my favorites (subscribed)!

· Email this topic to a friend!
Rate This Thread:

Back To: Lovingyou.com > Family Matters > Marriage > First thanksgiving as a married couple

LOVINGYOU.COM SITE MAP
LOVE:  Communication | Affairs | Dating | Getting Serious | Getting Married | Break Ups | Loving Yourself | Support Groups | Dear Love
ROMANCE:  Romance 101 | Ideas | Date Nights | Recipes for Two | Romantic Travel | Craft Ideas | Holidays & Celebrations
PASSION:  Lovemaking 101 | Passion Play | Loverotica | Ask Aphrodite | Pillow Talk
INSPIRATION:  Love Poetry | Love Letters | Love Quotes | Love Stories | Dedications | Printables | Lovescopes | eCards
   Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Writer's Guidelines | Suggestions

Lovingyou.com, Inc.SM All rights reserved.

Message board powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000, 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

SheKnows Lifestyles