A collection of love, romance and relationships resources including advice, poetry, quotes, dedications, chat, horoscopes, romantic ideas, message boards, free love postcards and much more!!
What's New Today on LYC...
Monthly Romance Calendar
Forum Quick Links:   Forum Home   |   My Home Page   |   My Inbox   |   My Calendar   |   Find Members   |   FAQ   |   Terms  
Popular Forums:   LYC Chat   |   Love Advice   |   Sexually Speaking   |   Military Spouses   |   Online Romance   |   Ask A Male   |   LDR   |   Holidays  
Lovingyou.com > Love Advice & Tips > Love Advice > OMFG she might be pregnant......
OMFG she might be pregnant...... posted: 06/08/05 at 12:26 PM

jza80  [more]
IP: Logged
 Group: Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
i'm so scared right now...

about 1 week ago me and my girlfriend got together and had sex 1 night, it was the day after she finished having her periods.. the scary thing that happened is when i came, and pulled out, the top half of the condom was ripped off...

we stopped immediately and were in a bit of a shock...

after about 10 minutes of confusion and worrying... she told me it should be fine... i'm like how can it be fine i came in you because the condom broke.. you could get pregnant...

she assured me that she cant get pregnant right after she finishes her period... and shes on the pill

and today in her email she wrote that she is really scared, and worried that she actually could be pregnant.. she is going to the doctors after work to confirm...

is it true women cant get pregnant if they have sex after their period and a guy released sperm in her?

i'm really really worried.. neither of us are financially ready to raise a baby.. she starts uni next year and so do i.....

omg im really scared

----------

click to: respond to this topic

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 06/08/05 at 12:29 PM

zoeyangel67  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
you had sex the day after her period, I highly doubt that she is pregnant...a woman ovulates (produces an egg) about 14 days after the onset of her period...even though sperm can live a few days inside, she most likely has not even ovualted yet...

Try not to panic...especially if she is also on the pill...VERY unlikely...

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 06/08/05 at 12:36 PM

jza80  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
she also said that she hasnt been taking the pill regularily lately... could that cause any concerns?

----------

posted: 06/08/05 at 12:37 PM

HellYaImNuts  [more]
 Group: Admin 
Make Buddy | PM User
Well, if she is taking her pill everyday, hasn't missed a day or been sick or taken antibiotics....she should be ok.

ZoeyAngel is correct, most women don't ovulate until about 14 days after their period has started. i tend to ovulate a few days after my period has stopped. So every woman is different.

With the pill, you're not supposed to ovulate. I would wait a bit longer on the doctor. Wait until she gets close to missing her period. When a woman is pregnat, she produces a hormone called HCG. It takes time to appear in the woman's body.
It's only be about a week. Next time perhaps she could also use spermicide with the condom.

----------
~Love is a cycle. When you love, you get hurt. When you get hurt, you hate.
When you hate, you try to forget.
When you try to forget, you start missing.
When you start missing, you eventually will fall in love again~

posted: 06/08/05 at 12:37 PM

HellYaImNuts  [more]
 Group: Admin 
Make Buddy | PM User
Depends on when she missed her last pill and how many?

----------
~Love is a cycle. When you love, you get hurt. When you get hurt, you hate.
When you hate, you try to forget.
When you try to forget, you start missing.
When you start missing, you eventually will fall in love again~

posted: 06/08/05 at 12:40 PM

zoeyangel67  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I don't think so...she still only ovulates one day a month and I believe it is VERY rare that a women would ovulate a day after her period ended...for instance...me...my cycle is a 28 day cycle...if I start on the 1st of the month, then my next period will start 28 days from that day...so, I know ont the 29th of that month I will start my period again...so, on the 16th of that month, I will ovulate...when I was trying to concieve a child when I was married, I learned a ton about ovulation and how to predict when a woman ovulates...I was told by my dr...that you count your cycle days from day one of your period (for me 28 days) then count back 14 days from the first specualted day of your next cycle and that is when you will ovulate)

I still feel it is VERY unlikely that she is pregnant...

posted: 06/08/05 at 12:43 PM

Mad*Hatter  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
It's very unlikely that she is PG if she's on the pill and she just barely finished her period. Even if she does go to the Dr. the fact that it's only been a week, will tell you nothing. It is too soon. Her better bet is to wait until her period is actually late rather than wasting money on a Dr. visit right now.

----------
"Long after we're gone, love remains, burned into our memories. We all search for love. But some of us --after we've found it --wish we hadn't."

posted: 06/08/05 at 3:08 PM

da_gurl  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Shes hasnt been taking the pill regulary?????

What the.....

And then complaining about getting pregnant, I just dont understand it....

Anyway, I hope shes not pregnant, even though it could be possible.

posted: 06/08/05 at 5:18 PM

lonestar42  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
It's possible that she could get pregnant from having sex the day after her period ended. And the pill will be less effective if she hasn't been taking it regularly. But the chance that she's pregnant is still very small.

What I'm wondering is why she's suddenly scared she might be pregnant a week later, if she wasn't worried about it when it actually happened.

But anyway, she should go to the doctor and get some advice, and s/he may suggest she goes back in a week or two for another test. But there's not much point panicking until you actually know whether she is pregnant or not.

----------
The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want. - Ben Stein

posted: 06/08/05 at 10:33 PM

SweetParadiz  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
anything is possible...going to the doc a week after she had sex is nothing but a waste of time. she needs to wait until she is a week late getting her next period.

More On Page: (1) 2 »

Notice: Use this form ONLY if you are already a member! New users, register for free here!
Notice: This is our quick reply form, for all reply options such as smilies, HTML and more, click here!
Fast Reply:
Your User Name:    Want to register?
Your Password:    Forgotten your password?
Subject: (Optional)
Show Signature: include your profile signature.
 Notice: By submitting to this site, you agree to these terms of use.
Forum Options:
· Save this topic to my favorites (subscribed)!

· Email this topic to a friend!
Rate This Thread:

Back To: Lovingyou.com > Love Advice & Tips > Love Advice > OMFG she might be pregnant......

LOVINGYOU.COM SITE MAP
LOVE:  Communication | Affairs | Dating | Getting Serious | Getting Married | Break Ups | Loving Yourself | Support Groups | Dear Love
ROMANCE:  Romance 101 | Ideas | Date Nights | Recipes for Two | Romantic Travel | Craft Ideas | Holidays & Celebrations
PASSION:  Lovemaking 101 | Passion Play | Loverotica | Ask Aphrodite | Pillow Talk
INSPIRATION:  Love Poetry | Love Letters | Love Quotes | Love Stories | Dedications | Printables | Lovescopes | eCards
   Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Writer's Guidelines | Suggestions

Lovingyou.com, Inc.SM All rights reserved.

Message board powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000, 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

SheKnows Lifestyles