A collection of love, romance and relationships resources including advice, poetry, quotes, dedications, chat, horoscopes, romantic ideas, message boards, free love postcards and much more!!
What's New Today on LYC...
Monthly Romance Calendar
Forum Quick Links:   Forum Home   |   My Home Page   |   My Inbox   |   My Calendar   |   Find Members   |   FAQ   |   Terms  
Popular Forums:   LYC Chat   |   Love Advice   |   Sexually Speaking   |   Military Spouses   |   Online Romance   |   Ask A Male   |   LDR   |   Holidays  
Lovingyou.com > Long Distance Support > Long Distance Relationships > One year anniversary ideas... Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
One year anniversary ideas... posted: 05/07/08 at 3:51 AM

Daron's girl  [more]
IP: Logged
 Group: Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
I'm going to be with my baby on our 1 year anniversary and I have been straining my brain trying to come up with a special gift and way to celebrate it...I've read a lot of ideas on this site...and some posibilities...but just wondered if any of you had anything good to suggest.

I was thinking of making a journal/book of some kind for one thing... just not sure what kind. Was also thinking of doing a journal for the next year, starting on our aniversary...and writing every day something...then give that to him next year...

click to: respond to this topic

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 05/07/08 at 4:22 AM
kitten_karen  [more]
Make Buddy |
Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary!

Thats such a special time, hope you really enjoy your time together. For our 1st anniversary i used an idea that i read here on this website, i set out a scavenger hunt for him to follow, attached to little prizes and poems (I used a king of hearts card, a bottle of pink wine, a candle saying 'light of my life' and eventually led to a framed photo of us together). I also made a jigsaw and put a piece with each prize, which when you put it together read 'you complete me' his dad gave me a key and i decorated his room in balloons while he was at work too!

If you can't get to his place before you see him though he did a lovely surprise for me too. He brought a bottle of wine, a cardboard box filled with candles and a table cloth to put over the box, and we ordered chinese and ate it sitting at the box with the candles on! I filled a shoe box with tokens from our relationship, such as photos, reciepts and tickets and gave it to him. You could also write all the reasons you love him onto small shapes of coloured paper, put them in a jam jar with sequins, and put ribbon around the top (i painted my jar with some old sparkly nail polish for extra sparkle!)

Hope a few of these ideas help, have a fantastic time xx

----------
Click here to get avatars like this!

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 05/07/08 at 9:33 AM

Daron's girl  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Thank you Karen. I am really excited about the upcoming anniversary, especially the fact that we will get to spend it together. I will be going to his place so I won't be able to do too much in the way of prep, like for a scavanger hunt, without him knowing it...but I might be able to put something quick together while he's in the shower or something...

I've never really been a "saver" as in keeping all the movie ticket stubs, etc. but I might start so I can do a scrapbook or box or something with them someday. I really appreciate all the great ideas!

posted: 05/07/08 at 11:21 AM

kartish  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Me and my SO were not together for our one year, but I sent him a certificate for a couples massage, so that when we were together, we could do something special. So when he was finally here we went together and it was sweet and relaxing. I also wrote him a letter, and sent that too, just about the things that make me love him and my hopes for us and other things like that.

----------

posted: 05/07/08 at 11:26 AM

Daron's girl  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
That's a good idea, Kartish. Thank you for sharing it. One time I got one of those candles that melt and turn into massage oil as they melt and used that to do our own massage. That was pretty cool. I'm glad your one year was special even though you had to wait and celebrate it together later.

posted: 05/07/08 at 12:16 PM

KIMJ  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Daron's_girl,

The most romantic thing that i've done for my so was...Take her to the last resturaunt we ate before are long distance relationship took place.

So....

If you've guys ate at like...i don't know....Melting pot? or olive garden..

Take him there and remind him...This was where we first ate together..

Your friend,
Kim

Trust me, this makes the day even better.

posted: 05/07/08 at 12:34 PM

Daron's girl  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
That's a great idea, Kim! I am definitely going to do that one! Maybe I'll blindfold him and take him there (usually he drives when I'm there) so he won't even know where we're going till we get there and then I'll tell him why I chose that restaurant...

It was Arby's, by the way, and he drove me there (it's like 10 miles away in the next town), rather than going somewhere in town, because one time when we were talking on the phone (before we met in person) I had said I liked Arby's...

posted: 05/13/08 at 4:20 PM
dod  [more]
 Group: New Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
Daron's_girl,

For our anniversary, I bought him a big red box in which I put 12 items, an item per each month we spent together, and as we were planning to get married in a few months, I tried to make most of those items things that we will use together after marriage, they were as follow:
2 teeth brushes (mine is pink and his is blue)
2 coffee mugs (for our first morning coffee)
2 perfumed candles (for our first romantic dinner)
2 matched key holders (to hold our new home key)
2 photo frames (to put beside our bed)
well , that makes 10 items, I also bought him a T- shirt that I noticed one day and I found it adorable... and I draw him a portrait as I know how to draw with a pencil... I stuffed all that in the red box and it was unforgettable moment for me to watch his face while he was pulling his presents one by one from the box

posted: 05/14/08 at 12:14 AM

Daron's girl  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
That's a cute idea, Dod! I like the two key holders to hold the keys for your new home together.

Thumbs up posted: 05/31/08 at 7:18 PM
michaelzw  [more]
 Group: New Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
THANKS FOR YOUR QUESTION MAN .

You see i had the same dilema ,My girl and i having our first soon too and i confess i had no ideas at hand .So you see from your question and the answers you i now have some sort of start .

More On Page: (1) 2 3 4 »

Notice: Use this form ONLY if you are already a member! New users, register for free here!
Notice: This is our quick reply form, for all reply options such as smilies, HTML and more, click here!
Fast Reply:
Your User Name:    Want to register?
Your Password:    Forgotten your password?
Subject: (Optional)
Show Signature: include your profile signature.
 Notice: By submitting to this site, you agree to these terms of use.
Forum Options:
· Save this topic to my favorites (subscribed)!

· Email this topic to a friend!
Rate This Thread:

Back To: Lovingyou.com > Long Distance Support > Long Distance Relationships > One year anniversary ideas...

LOVINGYOU.COM SITE MAP
LOVE:  Communication | Affairs | Dating | Getting Serious | Getting Married | Break Ups | Loving Yourself | Support Groups | Dear Love
ROMANCE:  Romance 101 | Ideas | Date Nights | Recipes for Two | Romantic Travel | Craft Ideas | Holidays & Celebrations
PASSION:  Lovemaking 101 | Passion Play | Loverotica | Ask Aphrodite | Pillow Talk
INSPIRATION:  Love Poetry | Love Letters | Love Quotes | Love Stories | Dedications | Printables | Lovescopes | eCards
   Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Writer's Guidelines | Suggestions

Lovingyou.com, Inc.SM All rights reserved.

Message board powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000, 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

SheKnows Lifestyles