A collection of love, romance and relationships resources including advice, poetry, quotes, dedications, chat, horoscopes, romantic ideas, message boards, free love postcards and much more!!
What's New Today on LYC...
Monthly Romance Calendar
Forum Quick Links:   Forum Home   |   My Home Page   |   My Inbox   |   My Calendar   |   Find Members   |   FAQ   |   Terms  
Popular Forums:   LYC Chat   |   Love Advice   |   Sexually Speaking   |   Military Spouses   |   Online Romance   |   Ask A Male   |   LDR   |   Holidays  
Lovingyou.com > Lifestyles & Entertainment > Movies. TV and Music Topics > Salt
Salt posted: 08/01/10 at 7:56 AM

fair_is_fair  [more]
IP: Logged
 Group: Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
Salt is about a CIA operative / Russian Agent. Giving more detail might give the whole story away in general. Angelina Jolie plays Evelyn Salt.

The story had potential, but the characters were very superficially created. The story doesnt dwelve much into character development or the past of these people. Only enough for you to get the jist, but also leave you confused. At many points of the plot, you feel there had to be a twist to this story. In essence, there wasnt. It was pretty straight forward and non-creative in all angles.

If you treat this like a regular action movie, its not bad. Salt is pretty bad ass as a character and the story really didnt do her much justice of how she could have been strongly examined as a complicated subject of lies upon lies. However it lacks satisfaction in hoping something would surprise you at each turn in the story.

My rating is a 4/10. A decent action movie, but a poor story that lacks any creativitiy.

----------
When I am at work, its like I am Iron Man...I feel invincible when I don the armor of success....

click to: respond to this topic

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 08/23/10 at 9:50 AM

k_land84  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I'm really glad I'm not the only one who felt that way!

It was sooo hyped up and I had high expectations but was sadly disappointed....

I guess Angelina Jolie can make even a mediocre movie go through the roof on sales.

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 08/23/10 at 10:37 AM

fair_is_fair  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Was it me or did she look more anorexic than usual in this movie? She use to be such a healthy robust chick...I took a look at a picture of her when she was in Tomb Raider and a pic of her now...holy crap...she dropped a lot of weight. Even though she has been hyped up a bit...I secretly admire her strangely enough.

----------
When I am at work, its like I am Iron Man...I feel invincible when I don the armor of success....

posted: 09/27/10 at 8:28 AM

banarabbyt1  [more]
 Group: Comm Director Assistant 
Make Buddy | PM User
I think she's wearing herself thin with all her pregnancies and now she's got what- 6 kids? Then she does her movies still? I'm surprised she has time to eat.

Though they did say after the death of her mother she lost a lot of weight from grief

----------
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

posted: 09/27/10 at 10:09 AM

fair_is_fair  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Bana, I didnt know this, Im sure that must be what it is. Either way, I feel bad for most women in hollywood, they are expected to be a certain weight at all times. I still liked her early years, she was sexy when she was in tomb raider. She looked strong and of good weight proportions. Now she is a walking skeleton and she isnt the first chick to look like that either. What gets me is most men dont like that anorexic look, they look the healthy looking girl next door. They want fit and healthy women, not some one that really needs to make a visit to burger king. So I dont know why hollywood forces this kind of standard on their actresses. Actresses are NOT models...they shouldn't be required to eat a lettuce each night. Besides that they set a bad example to youth when they see this. They think they are fat and not good enough...

----------

posted: 09/27/10 at 10:40 AM

banarabbyt1  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I agree fair- I remember watching a comedian saying "FIRST I have to be hungry and now I have to work out?!"

I mean sure it was funny but it was so true- the expectations of a woman's body is insane.

----------

posted: 10/03/10 at 4:51 AM

fair_is_fair  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I have a friend that is fit and beautiful...she works out all the time and yet I know she cries sometimes looking in the mirror becuase she doesn't have the perfect body. I feel so bad for her because I know she looks awesome, but I can't convince her so. Women should be healthy as ANY person should be healthy, but being ultra thin is unnecessary. We are all made differently. My body is built more to look athletic, I will never look like a model, paper thin, Im thicker and stronger looking. Im totally fine and happy with that. Some tend to gain weight a bit easier than others, but with a good work out program and diet plan, most people should have that under control. Would I like to be thinner? sure, but its not something I obsess over. I work on just being healthy and making my PT goals more than keep track of my weight. I make physical activity a part of my usual plan. When it cools down out here, Im going to start biking to work since I only live a 2 minute driving distance from my job. Saves gas and gives me extra exercise!

If only our culture wasn't so obsessed with the perfect body. It drives young women to starve and young men to take drugs that hurt their body.

----------

posted: 10/03/10 at 6:44 AM

banarabbyt1  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Wow I feel sorry for your friend. Crying cuz you don't feel thin and beautiful enough? I hope she's not harming her body. Sounds like she might need therapy.

A coworker of mine I've always said is obsessed with her body- she works out like THREE times a day, she never eats ANYTHING bad for you- like I've never seen her pick up a cupcake or cookie or anything junky. She also would do all these ridiculous cleanses and get others to do them and I'm like um why?

Now she's trying to get pregnant and the doctor has told her to STOP with all the exercise and he told her he thinks she is sterile. I'm not surprised with the way she over-exerts her body.

----------

posted: 10/16/10 at 3:35 PM

fair_is_fair  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I dont think she is doing anything bad with her body, I watched her eat before while we studied together, she just recently became vegetarian, so she is enjoying that. But seriously I was surprised too, becuase she doesnt look even close to bad at all. I could afford to drop a few. hahaha, and Im not really fat at all, just could tone out in some places. That sound suck if she was sterile...she would have to chill out for the baby or the baby isnt going to happen. Poor girl

----------

posted: 04/05/11 at 6:10 AM
anoukF  [more]
 Group: New Member 
Make Buddy |
Reading all that while eating a giant toblerone my kids have given me. Now I'm wondering if I should feel guilty.... Not really, I don't. I dropped that guilt 'thing' a few years ago and as soon as I did my weight has never been a problem. As soon as we relax and really listen to our bodies we realise that sometimes we need to eat, quite a bit and other times we don't and overall it balances out. Does that make any sense?

Back to the film... I was rather disappointed with it. I guess she is kind of a female Jason Bourne but not nearly as intriguing, interesting or likable.

Notice: Use this form ONLY if you are already a member! New users, register for free here!
Notice: This is our quick reply form, for all reply options such as smilies, HTML and more, click here!
Fast Reply:
Your User Name:    Want to register?
Your Password:    Forgotten your password?
Subject: (Optional)
Show Signature: include your profile signature.
 Notice: By submitting to this site, you agree to these terms of use.
Forum Options:
· Save this topic to my favorites (subscribed)!

· Email this topic to a friend!
Rate This Thread:

Back To: Lovingyou.com > Lifestyles & Entertainment > Movies. TV and Music Topics > Salt

LOVINGYOU.COM SITE MAP
LOVE:  Communication | Affairs | Dating | Getting Serious | Getting Married | Break Ups | Loving Yourself | Support Groups | Dear Love
ROMANCE:  Romance 101 | Ideas | Date Nights | Recipes for Two | Romantic Travel | Craft Ideas | Holidays & Celebrations
PASSION:  Lovemaking 101 | Passion Play | Loverotica | Ask Aphrodite | Pillow Talk
INSPIRATION:  Love Poetry | Love Letters | Love Quotes | Love Stories | Dedications | Printables | Lovescopes | eCards
   Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Writer's Guidelines | Suggestions

Lovingyou.com, Inc.SM All rights reserved.

Message board powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000, 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

SheKnows Lifestyles