A collection of love, romance and relationships resources including advice, poetry, quotes, dedications, chat, horoscopes, romantic ideas, message boards, free love postcards and much more!!
What's New Today on LYC...
Monthly Romance Calendar
Forum Quick Links:   Forum Home   |   My Home Page   |   My Inbox   |   My Calendar   |   Find Members   |   FAQ   |   Terms  
Popular Forums:   LYC Chat   |   Love Advice   |   Sexually Speaking   |   Military Spouses   |   Online Romance   |   Ask A Male   |   LDR   |   Holidays  
Lovingyou.com > Love Advice & Tips > Ask A Male > Why do ex boyfriends always come back?
Why do ex boyfriends always come back? Question posted: 07/10/09 at 11:42 AM

Denisse810  [more]
IP: Logged
 Group: Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
2 years ago I met a guy who I thought he was "Mr. Prince Charming". We dated for 2 months, everything was going perfect until out of the blue he broke up with me. He lied to me saying that the reason was because he still was in love with his ex, but later on I found out that it was because he started to date someone else that he met on the web.

I was so mad and hurt and complained to him and we stoped the comunication in bad terms.

Is so funny but when I was depressed I bought a book called "Men ALWAYS come back" and it says that ex boyfriends always come back, BUT when you are totally over them and the call is unexpected. I didn't believe that, but I did read the book anyway.

2 years later when I was TOTALLY over him, "the ex" sent me mails asking me to forgive him and that he wanted to be friends with me. At the begining I ignored the messages, later I saw him when I was with another newly ex at the shopping center and he was so happy to see me. I agreed to be friends with him because I don't feel anything for him anymore and I can't get hurt with the friendship.

But to me is so weird that he wants to be friends, and friends mean friends to him, he calls me to ask me about my weekend, he makes plan to hang out every weekend, send messages very often.. and it really feels as he just want to be friends, nothing more..

My question is why would a guy wants to be friend with an ex? Is this and ego thing? (Maybe because he saw me with somebody else?.. Does he feels remorse of the way he broke up?.. What do you think?

Last edited by Denisse810 on 07/10/09 at 11:55 AM

click to: respond to this topic

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 07/10/09 at 9:59 PM
JackIsBack  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
He does not want to be your friend. He wants to get back in your pants.

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 07/11/09 at 4:53 AM

BleedingHart  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I have to agree. It really does sound like he's using the friend's card to coerce the possibility of igniting old flames. After all, the more you hang out, the stronger the possibility that this will happen. Of course, there may only be a very slim chance of this happening. But in his mind, even the smallest chance is better than no chance at all, and the only way for there to be absolutely no chance, is if you completely shut him out of your life.

Now it is possible for ex lovers to be friends, but it is an extremely rare occurance. It requires certain circumstances; none of which are present in the post you have written.

BTW, exes coming back works both ways, i.e. men AND women do it. It really isn't some intricate phenomenon. It usually happens with the person who was in the wrong. They end up regretting their decision, and acknowledge that what they truly want was there all along, and have not come to terms that it is lost forever. Of course, they don't ever come to this realization until after the person who got wronged has had enough time to move on. That's the true mind boggler, but I believe it's just karma biting them in the ass.

----------
Consumation of the soul is done willingly.

Notice: Use this form ONLY if you are already a member! New users, register for free here!
Notice: This is our quick reply form, for all reply options such as smilies, HTML and more, click here!
Fast Reply:
Your User Name:    Want to register?
Your Password:    Forgotten your password?
Subject: (Optional)
Show Signature: include your profile signature.
 Notice: By submitting to this site, you agree to these terms of use.
Forum Options:
· Save this topic to my favorites (subscribed)!

· Email this topic to a friend!
Rate This Thread:

Back To: Lovingyou.com > Love Advice & Tips > Ask A Male > Why do ex boyfriends always come back?

LOVINGYOU.COM SITE MAP
LOVE:  Communication | Affairs | Dating | Getting Serious | Getting Married | Break Ups | Loving Yourself | Support Groups | Dear Love
ROMANCE:  Romance 101 | Ideas | Date Nights | Recipes for Two | Romantic Travel | Craft Ideas | Holidays & Celebrations
PASSION:  Lovemaking 101 | Passion Play | Loverotica | Ask Aphrodite | Pillow Talk
INSPIRATION:  Love Poetry | Love Letters | Love Quotes | Love Stories | Dedications | Printables | Lovescopes | eCards
   Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Writer's Guidelines | Suggestions

Lovingyou.com, Inc.SM All rights reserved.

Message board powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000, 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

SheKnows Lifestyles