A collection of love, romance and relationships resources including advice, poetry, quotes, dedications, chat, horoscopes, romantic ideas, message boards, free love postcards and much more!!
What's New Today on LYC...
Monthly Romance Calendar
Forum Quick Links:   Forum Home   |   My Home Page   |   My Inbox   |   My Calendar   |   Find Members   |   FAQ   |   Terms  
Popular Forums:   LYC Chat   |   Love Advice   |   Sexually Speaking   |   Military Spouses   |   Online Romance   |   Ask A Male   |   LDR   |   Holidays  
Lovingyou.com > Military Relationships > Military Poetry & Prose > What to not expect as a military wife!
What to not expect as a military wife! Lightbulb posted: 07/02/07 at 7:32 AM
armywife2001  [more]
IP: Logged
 Group: Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
I have never done this so go easy on me girls. Just want to give all the new wives or girlfriends a little idea of what to expect as a wife!

1.) When the military messes up your pay, don't expect them to fix it as quick as they messed it up.

2.) Don't expect your husband to be there for the birth of your children, pray for him to be alive for the birth of your children.

3.) Don't expect to have any money the day before pay, just make sure you get groceries before then.

4.) Don't expect your husband to come back from Iraq and be the same person he was when he left, let's face it girls he has seen things no human should ever have to.

5.) Don't expect your husband to come home from work in a good mood everyday, chances are he has had to deal with some higher ranking soldier who reamed him for something he didn't do the way he wanted it done. Kiss him and tell him how happy you are to see him.

6.) Don't expect that every military wife is going to be sweet to you, just try to keep in mind she probably just got done getting patches sewn on her hubbys uniform, took the baby to their doctors appt., went to clothing and sales for Pt shirts just to find out they were out of the size she needs, comes home to make brownies for FRG meeting just to realize she is out of milk, goes to get milk, makes brownies, cooks dinner, kisses hubby, feeds him and child, leaves for meeting without brownies, realizes it about 2 mins from being there, goes to get brownies and heads off to the oh so mandatory FRG meeting. Guess what she isn't there with bells on, give her another chance.

7.) Don't expect to have dinner at 5:00 p.m, military men I have learned work late. ALOT!

8.) Don't expect to be with your husband your whole marriage, hope for half.

9.) Don't expect to get settled into any house cause chances are as soon as you get settled you have to move. I moved 5 times in 4 years on the same post!

10.) Don't expect your husband to show his love everyday, he has alot on his mind. Just always love him with everything you have in you even on your bad days. (i.e. #6) Always remember no matter how bad your day was, his was probably worse.

I hope this will help the new wives and girlfriends out there and ladies if you can think of anymore add them.

click to: respond to this topic

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 07/03/07 at 11:04 PM

CPPrincess77  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
oh how true..i printed this one out

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 07/07/07 at 8:18 AM

country05gal  [more]
 Group: New Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
I loved this. Im not a military wife yet, currently girlfriend. good things to know!

----------
Pray that with this '08 election some changes are made with our military! And praying for our troops!

posted: 07/07/07 at 2:43 PM

sadasiangf  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Thanks for the heads up! Sounds tough. whew. But heck yea I'm willing to go through all this. Just give me back my soldier.

----------
"I just wanted to let you know that Im ok, everything is fine here and we are actually taking it pretty easy. You, of course, have been in my thoughts 23hour and 58 min each and everyday.. I have to take 2 mins off to remember to shower, brush my teeth and tie my boots.. sorry.. but the rest of the time is yours .. I love you very very much Jo.."
-offline from jered I can't get over!♥

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

posted: 06/05/09 at 11:30 AM
kelleyswife3  [more]
 Group: New Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
Love it posted it on a group a military kind of love

posted: 06/07/09 at 2:27 AM

CaSsSie12  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Thank you for posting this. I am going to be a military wife very soon, great things to know!

posted: 06/07/09 at 10:04 AM
sally25  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
A lot of it seemed true but some of it I have to disagree on .... I have never been out of money before payday .... my husband always comes home in a good mood , and usually with a good story or two to tell nine times out of ten. I think the best advice you can give to anyone new is always expect the unexpected be prepared for anything because everything changes every minute and all you can really rely on is what you have to hold on to. Use the milatary services outside your FRG ..... like ACS counseling , job help education , free classes on parenting to crafts ect. and the MWR to name a few ..... lots of spouses and so don't know how much is out there free to help them get settled in

posted: 06/08/09 at 1:14 AM

Manda81  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Sally your husband is not enlisted either, there is a big difference in pay for an officer and a PV1

----------
Google is your friend!!

posted: 06/08/09 at 10:19 AM
sally25  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
yeah i realized maybe I put my foot in my mouth on that one manda81 ... sorry if I stepped on anyones toes .... I do remember how little he made when he first entered the army so I feel all you ladies on that one it sucks if you are trying to raise kids on it .... my bad ... should not be allowed on the computer when I am way tired .... again resources ... most E-5s and below can get into the lending closet on base , its all free items and theres some great stuff like I said the biggest piece of advice rely on your base theres lots of help out there if you ask

Notice: Use this form ONLY if you are already a member! New users, register for free here!
Notice: This is our quick reply form, for all reply options such as smilies, HTML and more, click here!
Fast Reply:
Your User Name:    Want to register?
Your Password:    Forgotten your password?
Subject: (Optional)
Show Signature: include your profile signature.
 Notice: By submitting to this site, you agree to these terms of use.
Forum Options:
· Save this topic to my favorites (subscribed)!

· Email this topic to a friend!
Rate This Thread:

Back To: Lovingyou.com > Military Relationships > Military Poetry & Prose > What to not expect as a military wife!

LOVINGYOU.COM SITE MAP
LOVE:  Communication | Affairs | Dating | Getting Serious | Getting Married | Break Ups | Loving Yourself | Support Groups | Dear Love
ROMANCE:  Romance 101 | Ideas | Date Nights | Recipes for Two | Romantic Travel | Craft Ideas | Holidays & Celebrations
PASSION:  Lovemaking 101 | Passion Play | Loverotica | Ask Aphrodite | Pillow Talk
INSPIRATION:  Love Poetry | Love Letters | Love Quotes | Love Stories | Dedications | Printables | Lovescopes | eCards
   Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Writer's Guidelines | Suggestions

Lovingyou.com, Inc.SM All rights reserved.

Message board powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000, 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

SheKnows Lifestyles