A collection of love, romance and relationships resources including advice, poetry, quotes, dedications, chat, horoscopes, romantic ideas, message boards, free love postcards and much more!!
What's New Today on LYC...
Monthly Romance Calendar
Forum Quick Links:   Forum Home   |   My Home Page   |   My Inbox   |   My Calendar   |   Find Members   |   FAQ   |   Terms  
Popular Forums:   LYC Chat   |   Love Advice   |   Sexually Speaking   |   Military Spouses   |   Online Romance   |   Ask A Male   |   LDR   |   Holidays  
Lovingyou.com > Love Advice & Tips > Romantic Ideas > meaning between 'i love you' vs 'im in love with you' Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
posted: 05/11/08 at 9:00 PM

Lady_Tila  [more]
IP: Logged
 Group: Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
Thats the same thing only "in love with you" is more intense and only shows romantic feelings." i love you" can also be in romantic way but you can also love other people just not in romantic way

click to: respond to this topic

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 05/11/08 at 11:02 PM

Yaya  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I think it depends on the context...

"I love you, but I'm not in love with you." Simply means that the person does love and care for the other, but isn't in love romantically. I think that is usually a way to soften the blow to the other person.

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 05/23/08 at 10:17 AM

~Carla~  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
If asked this years ago when we first met I'd have said In Love is stronger.
hmmm somehow I still feel this. Yet In Love is a sense of newness. It's the clashing crash feeling when your eyes lock.
Yet I can still be knocked with a dead bolt knowing as I leave work I am about to go home to my HEART and feel it beat again.

I love you, but I'm not in love with you is idiotic in itself. Uses a lie to cover the hurt of the truth.
But I can close my eyes and see his face and sigh knowing I'm really in love! It's part of the miracle of not believing this could ever happen.

----------
I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. - Marilyn Monroe

posted: 05/27/08 at 5:12 AM
jmitch  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I am going thru a divorce right now, but both of us still "love" each other, but we are not "in love" with each other. In other words, we still care what happens to each other, at least I do, but the true meaning of being "in love" isn't there anymore...

posted: 05/27/08 at 7:46 AM

antianara  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
that cleared up some stuff for me too. thanks.

----------
Impressionist art for the soul
http://www.freewebs.com/nicolewhittakerart

Hi:) Smile posted: 06/02/08 at 6:24 AM
christie_gr  [more]
 Group: New Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
In simple form when you want to make love with someone,you feel passion,madness and everything he/she can make you feel..
you say "i am in love with you".But also you want to be with him/her whatever it means.When you are in love you always going crazy about your someone..you can't stay calm.

When you love someone or something you are calm.Like friends above said you care about others but nothing more.Just the pure love,not with lust e.t.c

See ya!

----------
Blessed Be

posted: 06/03/08 at 5:11 AM

sweethe@rt  [more]
Make Buddy |
quote:
Originally posted by Happy2BMe
To me it all means the same thing. I don't understand how they can be different, because surely if I say "I'm in love with you", it means that I love them - hence, the same thing, (IMO).

I agree with this.

posted: 06/03/08 at 10:53 PM

Yaya  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
It depends on the context. When someone says they love you, but are not in love with you it means just that. It isn't the same thing in those situations. It clearly means the person loves and cares for that individual, but is not romantically in love with said person. Really cut and dry if you think about it.

I think in some situations it can mean the same thing though...depends.

posted: 06/08/08 at 4:29 PM

Wildcat74  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I think there are several possibilities

1) Just being in Love: Infatuation, which might become more, Which feels like it might be love but actually it's just hormones and the thrill of something new
2) Loving but not being in love: The feelings you have towards friends or family
3) Loving and being in love: What a healthy relationship should hold. Deep feelings as well on a platonic as on a romantic basis

posted: 06/12/08 at 7:13 AM

jmartin  [more]
 Group: New Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
Being "In Love" with someone is very strong. You wake up in the morning and your SO is the first person you think about. You can't wait to see them. You love the sound of their voice.
Saying that you "Love" someone is how you would feel about family or close friends.

I am IN love with my wife. When i wake up the first thing i do is look at her face. Then i have to restart my heart when i'm done looking at her. I know deep down in my heart that that love is not going to change.

It's easy for people now to say they love someone or something. So to say that your "IN Love with someone" means that they are important to you. Not to say that a family member or close friend is not important. But the love is of a slightly different kind.

----------
joe

More On Page: « 1 (2) 3 »

Notice: Use this form ONLY if you are already a member! New users, register for free here!
Notice: This is our quick reply form, for all reply options such as smilies, HTML and more, click here!
Fast Reply:
Your User Name:    Want to register?
Your Password:    Forgotten your password?
Subject: (Optional)
Show Signature: include your profile signature.
 Notice: By submitting to this site, you agree to these terms of use.
Forum Options:
· Save this topic to my favorites (subscribed)!

· Email this topic to a friend!
Rate This Thread:

Back To: Lovingyou.com > Love Advice & Tips > Romantic Ideas > meaning between 'i love you' vs 'im in love with you'

LOVINGYOU.COM SITE MAP
LOVE:  Communication | Affairs | Dating | Getting Serious | Getting Married | Break Ups | Loving Yourself | Support Groups | Dear Love
ROMANCE:  Romance 101 | Ideas | Date Nights | Recipes for Two | Romantic Travel | Craft Ideas | Holidays & Celebrations
PASSION:  Lovemaking 101 | Passion Play | Loverotica | Ask Aphrodite | Pillow Talk
INSPIRATION:  Love Poetry | Love Letters | Love Quotes | Love Stories | Dedications | Printables | Lovescopes | eCards
   Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Writer's Guidelines | Suggestions

Lovingyou.com, Inc.SM All rights reserved.

Message board powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000, 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

SheKnows Lifestyles