A collection of love, romance and relationships resources including advice, poetry, quotes, dedications, chat, horoscopes, romantic ideas, message boards, free love postcards and much more!!
What's New Today on LYC...
Monthly Romance Calendar
Forum Quick Links:   Forum Home   |   My Home Page   |   My Inbox   |   My Calendar   |   Find Members   |   FAQ   |   Terms  
Popular Forums:   LYC Chat   |   Love Advice   |   Sexually Speaking   |   Military Spouses   |   Online Romance   |   Ask A Male   |   LDR   |   Holidays  
Lovingyou.com > Love Advice & Tips > Ask A Male > Boyfriend still has ex girlfriends phone numbers
Boyfriend still has ex girlfriends phone numbers posted: 06/19/07 at 5:23 AM

butterfly66  [more]
IP: Logged
 Group: New Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
My boyfriend and I have been together for a year now and about a month ago one of his ex girlfriends called. He told me she just called to see how he was doing. A little suspicious, I looked in his cell phone and noticed he still has ex girlfriends numbers.

Why would a guy keep old phone numbers?

click to: respond to this topic

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 06/19/07 at 5:35 AM

Archer  [more]
 Group: Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
How would we know? Ask your boyfriend directly. You can speculate just as well as another other person.

Questions about suspicions like these often have trust issues at the root of the problem. Since it is your first post, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Word to the wise about hackers: got your number.

----------
The world needs more role models instead of more critics.

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 06/22/07 at 4:30 PM

KnightOnline  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Keeping in touch with Exs might just mean he was mature enough to end his past relationships in good terms.

I know it can give you an uneasy feeling to see your significant other talking to past relationship, but that's exactly what they are, PAST relationships, if it didn't work back then, and they split up because they knew it wasn't working, why would it work now?

As long as he doesn't go on to meet any of them, you shouldn't worry. Just make sure he knows what your boundaries on past relationships are.

Good luck with your relationship

posted: 06/22/07 at 9:11 PM

DesireeNyC  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
**female POV**

I still Have and proberaly will always keep my Ex's # too.
Not for any reason, But you never know if you need it and whats the point of deleteing it?
And im sure my Ex will keep my number too, Even if he deleted it he know it by heart anyway.

I dont think its a big deal at all, Just trust him.

----------
~Desiree~

posted: 06/23/07 at 5:04 AM

RebeccaAnne  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
** female **
I personally see NO point in keeping an exes phone number. But if this bothers you, then why don't you TALK to him and find out his reasons? Nobody can know why your boyfriend has kept all these numbers, and the only way to know is to talk to him.

----------
Whatever you are, be a good one

posted: 06/23/07 at 12:38 PM

zantabar  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I have my exes numbers in my phone. Im not keeping them so I can call them up or be buddy buddy with them but like DesireeNyC said you never know if you will need that number. I do not think it is a sign or a signal to be alarmed about anything.

posted: 06/23/07 at 3:41 PM

BleedingHart  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
quote:
You never know if you'll need that number

A quick question to those who have said this, and for those who believe it. What unforeseen situation could possibly arise that you'll need to go to an ex? And if you have a legitimate case in which it is appropriate, could you think of an alternative solution? Before saying no, really think about that one.

Holding on to those old phone numbers is a signification of clinginess, and inability to accept. Two significant red flags.

----------
Consumation of the soul is done willingly.

posted: 06/23/07 at 9:09 PM

DesireeNyC  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
quote:
Originally posted by BleedingHart

A quick question to those who have said this, and for those who believe it. What unforeseen situation could possibly arise that you'll need to go to an ex? And if you have a legitimate case in which it is appropriate, could you think of an alternative solution? Before saying no, really think about that one.

Holding on to those old phone numbers is a signification of clinginess, and inability to accept. Two significant red flags.

Ofcourse there always email.
But to me I dated my ex for 5 years, If i need ed to reach him it would more or less be pretty important, That I would TExt him.
I just dont see why I would intentially delete his number, IF i got a new phone maybe then i would input it..
And I have to highly disagree about the Clinginess and Inabilty to accept.I was the one who broke up with him. But I like this to stay ammibicale and dont need to delete him out of my life, We may not speak anymore but he doesnt need to be erased from my past either
Again I would only call him if something happened to a family member of his or mine, something estrme.
why would you delete the number? That to me is immuture.

----------
~Desiree~

posted: 06/23/07 at 11:13 PM

Van1300  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Female POV

I am about to celebrate my first wedding anniversary, and I still have a few of my ex's phone numbers. One of which is from high school and has become a very good friend over the years. My husband has met him, we have hung out on occasion and he knows I still talk to him randomly.

I don't see a problem with it.

----------
**VANESSA**
*Navy Reservist Wife**

Re: Boyfriend still has ex girlfriends phone numbers posted: 06/24/07 at 1:19 AM
CGV  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
quote:
Originally posted by butterfly66
My boyfriend and I have been together for a year now and about a month ago one of his ex girlfriends called. He told me she just called to see how he was doing. A little suspicious, I looked in his cell phone and noticed he still has ex girlfriends numbers.

Why would a guy keep old phone numbers?

I think having "EX's" numbers is alright. There are times that a guy would store ex's numbers for them to still have contact. It doesn't necessarily means that they still have feelings for each other. Maybe they just want to be friends after all. You should give trust to your boyfriend regarding that matter. Besides, you are the only one who can tell if your boyfriend has something else in mind about her ex's. It's kinda odd why some girls feel jelous about the guy having their ex's numbers though most of the girls are the ones who's storing numbers of their ex's. No offence on you but it is true. Just try to trust the guy a little more. Give him the leway of being friends with her ex's. And tell him to do the same to you. You just need to trust each other. ^_^

----------
Nobody wana see us together but it do'nt matter no.. coz i got you...

More On Page: (1) 2 »

Notice: Use this form ONLY if you are already a member! New users, register for free here!
Notice: This is our quick reply form, for all reply options such as smilies, HTML and more, click here!
Fast Reply:
Your User Name:    Want to register?
Your Password:    Forgotten your password?
Subject: (Optional)
Show Signature: include your profile signature.
 Notice: By submitting to this site, you agree to these terms of use.
Forum Options:
· Save this topic to my favorites (subscribed)!

· Email this topic to a friend!
Rate This Thread:

Back To: Lovingyou.com > Love Advice & Tips > Ask A Male > Boyfriend still has ex girlfriends phone numbers

LOVINGYOU.COM SITE MAP
LOVE:  Communication | Affairs | Dating | Getting Serious | Getting Married | Break Ups | Loving Yourself | Support Groups | Dear Love
ROMANCE:  Romance 101 | Ideas | Date Nights | Recipes for Two | Romantic Travel | Craft Ideas | Holidays & Celebrations
PASSION:  Lovemaking 101 | Passion Play | Loverotica | Ask Aphrodite | Pillow Talk
INSPIRATION:  Love Poetry | Love Letters | Love Quotes | Love Stories | Dedications | Printables | Lovescopes | eCards
   Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Writer's Guidelines | Suggestions

Lovingyou.com, Inc.SM All rights reserved.

Message board powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000, 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

SheKnows Lifestyles