A collection of love, romance and relationships resources including advice, poetry, quotes, dedications, chat, horoscopes, romantic ideas, message boards, free love postcards and much more!!
What's New Today on LYC...
Monthly Romance Calendar
Forum Quick Links:   Forum Home   |   My Home Page   |   My Inbox   |   My Calendar   |   Find Members   |   FAQ   |   Terms  
Popular Forums:   LYC Chat   |   Love Advice   |   Sexually Speaking   |   Military Spouses   |   Online Romance   |   Ask A Male   |   LDR   |   Holidays  
Lovingyou.com > Love Advice & Tips > Broken Hearts > Who's got their ex back?
Did you ever get an ex (who had dumped you) back? What happened?
No, I never got an ex back.
Yes, I did get my ex back.
Yes, I did get them back initially, but it did not work out eventually....
I got my ex back after a few weeks.
I got my ex back after a few months.
I kept NC all the time we were apart.
My ex did the first move to get me back.
My ex had cheated on me or had an affair.
My ex wanted some space.
My ex was confused, but they loved me during the break up.
View Results [Edit Poll (moderators only)]
posted: 01/14/07 at 7:28 PM
ExDonna  [more]
IP: Logged
 Group: New Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
Got ex back after a few weeks, it didn't last

My ex broke up with me in October, without much explanation. I suffered through about 8 weeks of NC and then couldnt stand it anymore and went sobbing back to him - he took me right back, said it had been hard on him too, seemed glad we were back, etc. - but we never talked about what had gone wrong or how we might fix it (I *think* we both had an idea of what had gone wrong, or maybe different ideas, since we never talked about it I dont know for sure).

We fell right away back into kind of a comfortable habit, but it seemed to me that somehow it could be fixed, or we could be happy again in a different way, that as long as we were speaking there was the possibility. But day by day passed and after about a month he began to withdraw again and really be kind of mean, so this last Monday night I finally said "I cant do this anymore," and just left. To be honest Im sure he was thinking of dumping me again and sooner rather than later.

Oh well, too bad. But it was good to do the actual official breaking off myself, this time. Not nearly so much NC pain as before. He just stopped loving me, "that's all." I can imagine living without him now, and I couldnt before.

We had loved each other SO much. Funny how love lights on you, and then just as easily lifts away. Oh well. We all die alone

----------
"I want everything to be interesting and I want to have fun, I want to be constantly stimulated. Is that so bad?!" -- Geoffrey Fieger

Last edited by ExDonna on 01/14/07 at 7:45 PM

click to: respond to this topic

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 02/21/07 at 1:50 PM
konigy123  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
A couple of those voting choices apply to me. I had an ex that we went on and off for about a year. She made initial contact and asked me to be her bf. She then breaks up with me. Get back together a month later - lasted for about 2 months. I break up with her cause she kissed some guy. She begs to get back together. I gave her another chance. She breaks up with me. This whole cycle kept going and going. She would break it off and then want me back. Each time I would agree to get back with her is because she had a bad life. I'm just trying to do whatever i could to make it just a little easier and more fun for her.

Eventually we lost contact. Haven't spoken in over a year now. Sometimes I miss her =(

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 02/21/07 at 5:09 PM

bobmackay  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
wouldnt go back for all the tea in china lol.She has tried to get me back and is still trying,but i dont answer any texts or calls,she drives past my work looking for me,maybe she will get the message soon.
By the way she left me for another man and i think they are still together,bet he doesnt know what she is up too.just proves what kind of woman she is!

bobx

----------
Love is...
What makes a weak man brave
And a king step off his throne
Good times, bad times
Easy times, tough times
It comes in an instant
And lasts three days after forever
That's what love is.

posted: 02/22/07 at 12:38 PM

DivaAlec  [more]
 Group: Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
My ex broke up with me because he was moving and didn't think he could handle a long distance relationship. I did the "no contact" thing for about 3 or so months and it worked. I got back in touch with him after I felt that I was over him because I told him we would be friends when I was ready. We talked about every couple of days via text or calls. We were and still are very close. I even talked to him about problems with other guys. In January he came up here for a day and we saw eachother for the first time since we broke up in July. He called me to tell me he was in town. And then just this past weekend I went down to his house for four days to visit him. It was as if nothing had changed between us. We are very very close. Now I am feeling that I may have some feelings for him because of how physical we were with eachother, although we both tell eachother we don't want to get back together( i don't know how true that is). Anyways, I am just giving it time and letting him run everything. If he wants to try again he will let me know and if we are meant to get back together we will. Meanwhile, I know that I have a good friend and someone to talk to. Someone that will always be there for me. Hey, no one figured that we would start talking again or that I would even go visit him! Our relationship (friendship) has lasted almost a year now! We both have dated other people after the break-up but those relationships didn't last as long and were not as intense. I am just going to stick it out and see what happens! I hope this helps! And if you or anyone else wants to talk PM me please! Anytime! Good luck!!!

posted: 02/23/07 at 11:49 AM

SeansGirl26  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
i got my ex back after a year and still going strong

----------
when you dont have trust you dont have nothing, i still love him very much, and i cant get him out of my heart,

posted: 03/05/07 at 2:33 PM
GiraffeLover  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Got my ex back after over 6 months of no contact.

posted: 03/12/07 at 9:20 AM

sadme  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
tanya ...... 6 months no contact? was the love still there..was it as wonderful as the first time you was together?
im intuigued with this one cause im on week 3 of no contact after being dumped and i still love him madly

----------
<

posted: 03/12/07 at 11:09 PM
Tom-N-Sylvia  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
My ex and I got back together after 15 years. We were high school sweethearts, eachothers first loves, both of us married others that didn't work out and now we are planning our own wedding set for next year. I wouldnt change anything as we are the people we are today because of the things we saw, did and went through. Today we are able to love eachother fully with no conditions.

posted: 03/13/07 at 2:38 AM
harp456  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
thats crazy

posted: 03/13/07 at 6:48 PM
GiraffeLover  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
quote:
Originally posted by sadme
tanya ...... 6 months no contact? was the love still there..was it as wonderful as the first time you was together?
im intuigued with this one cause im on week 3 of no contact after being dumped and i still love him madly

The love was still there, perhaps even stronger because we finally appreciated what we meant to one another. It was beyond wonderful, far exceeding the time we first met. I think it was because we know this time, we're stuck for good After 6 months of misery it was a sigh of relief.

More On Page: « 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 »

Notice: Use this form ONLY if you are already a member! New users, register for free here!
Notice: This is our quick reply form, for all reply options such as smilies, HTML and more, click here!
Fast Reply:
Your User Name:    Want to register?
Your Password:    Forgotten your password?
Subject: (Optional)
Show Signature: include your profile signature.
 Notice: By submitting to this site, you agree to these terms of use.
Forum Options:
· Save this topic to my favorites (subscribed)!

· Email this topic to a friend!
Rate This Thread:

Back To: Lovingyou.com > Love Advice & Tips > Broken Hearts > Who's got their ex back?

LOVINGYOU.COM SITE MAP
LOVE:  Communication | Affairs | Dating | Getting Serious | Getting Married | Break Ups | Loving Yourself | Support Groups | Dear Love
ROMANCE:  Romance 101 | Ideas | Date Nights | Recipes for Two | Romantic Travel | Craft Ideas | Holidays & Celebrations
PASSION:  Lovemaking 101 | Passion Play | Loverotica | Ask Aphrodite | Pillow Talk
INSPIRATION:  Love Poetry | Love Letters | Love Quotes | Love Stories | Dedications | Printables | Lovescopes | eCards
   Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Writer's Guidelines | Suggestions

Lovingyou.com, Inc.SM All rights reserved.

Message board powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000, 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

SheKnows Lifestyles