A collection of love, romance and relationships resources including advice, poetry, quotes, dedications, chat, horoscopes, romantic ideas, message boards, free love postcards and much more!!
What's New Today on LYC...
Monthly Romance Calendar
Forum Quick Links:   Forum Home   |   My Home Page   |   My Inbox   |   My Calendar   |   Find Members   |   FAQ   |   Terms  
Popular Forums:   LYC Chat   |   Love Advice   |   Sexually Speaking   |   Military Spouses   |   Online Romance   |   Ask A Male   |   LDR   |   Holidays  
Lovingyou.com > Love Advice & Tips > Ask A Male > If A Guy Repeatedly Glances At You?
Why do you repeatedly glance at a woman?
I glance at her because I am physically attracted to her.
I glance at her because I know she is physically attracted to me and it gives me an ego boost.
I glance at her for other reasons....please explain.
View Results [Edit Poll (moderators only)]
If A Guy Glances At You? posted: 09/03/06 at 6:26 AM

ImABarbieGrl  [more]
IP: Logged
 Group: Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
Ok some of you who have followed my posts know why I am even asking this i'm sure. But I am going to post all that another time...when I HAVE more time

But I really am curious, because for me I know what I am thinking when I glance a bit. Also I do know everyone is different so i'm just curious to hear the opinions of different guys on here.

Ok I have to give some information so for me I can get an acurate poll I suppose.

This guy just found out that I am attracted to him.

If you are making several glances at a woman you don't even know are you doing so because he to is attracted to you, OR is it just a big ego boost for him knowing that you are attracted to him.

Obviously I know that no one can atone for what he was thinking so put yourself in HIS shoes.

If this is to little information please ask me so I can give more details. Just wanted to keep this post short.

----------
Never take anyone for granted cause you never know when you might lose them as you will not get that chance to let them know your True Feelings.

"Tears are the Souls Soap"

Last edited by ImABarbieGrl on 09/04/06 at 9:37 AM

click to: respond to this topic

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 09/03/06 at 8:17 AM

Kazhak  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
First off, if a guy stares at you, ummm I'd find that just a little creepy... If I glance a woman a few times and smile, it means I'm interested, means she IMO is a beautiful woman, and maybe a few other traits or so that I'm impressed with...

Now if I knew you liked me, I still wouldnt stare... Glance and a smile if I was interested... Shrug, maybe he's just, looking at you trying to read into you, trying to see if theres something he wants to make a move for...

Beats the hell out of me... if you ilke him though, good luck...

----------
Can not receive the obvious, line up cattle and cut the neck, swat at the flies omit disgust. Drain us of life and cleanse the mess!

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 09/03/06 at 8:42 AM

ElsMan  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
One or two things:
- either she is attractive and I want to take as many discreet looks as I can manage without staring
- or she is looking at me repeatedly and I'm trying to figure out why

posted: 09/03/06 at 8:52 AM

ImABarbieGrl  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Updated my post above, but can't change the poll.

Ok let me please rephrase this. I suppose staring means for a long time right? Well he did more glances...I guess I just didn't use the appropriate word for it. So by what you guys are saying then, the glances are a good thing. See Why the heck didn't I THINK of that word Oh well, lot on my mind.

They were looks and he turned his head around and looked right at me and smiled. Then turned the other way. It was then I knew, HE knew I liked him.

So by what you two guys are saying then it was a good thing last night.

----------
Never take anyone for granted cause you never know when you might lose them as you will not get that chance to let them know your True Feelings.

"Tears are the Souls Soap"

Last edited by ImABarbieGrl on 09/03/06 at 9:05 AM

posted: 09/03/06 at 9:10 AM
Cardinal404  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I would have been a bit bolder. I like to establish eye contact with a woman I find attractive. I will look at her long enough to see if she is bold enough to meet my look. I always use a pleasant expression and try to show warmth from my facial expression and from my eyes.

It is a way of reading interest. I want to know what she thinks of me. If she is demure and looks down or quickly away, then my next step should be to approach her, break the ice and talk with her. Get to know her and see if we might be compatible for dating. If she meets my gaze and gives a pleasant response, I do the same.

If I see negativity or a lack of feeling/warmth, I take it as disinterest. No harm, no foul. Men can be good hunters and are looking for opportunity, approachability and interest.

posted: 09/03/06 at 5:25 PM
Registered  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I either glance at a girl because I find her phyiscally attractive, or, as is more often the case, because I find the girl interesting (ie I like her). My glances due to physical attraction are usually rare (I say this knowing most guys will think me liars but meh).

I'd never glance at a girl for an ego boost. I'm not even sure how that makes sense!

posted: 09/03/06 at 10:26 PM

Archer  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
quote:
Originally posted by Cardinal404 ...bold enough to meet my look. . . a way of reading interest. . . Get to know . . . response . . . do the same . . . Men can be good hunters and are looking for opportunity, approachability and interest.
Excellent observations, Cardinal. Yes, it's really about attraction and approachability. I think that people can quickly learn at first sight to test the impact that they have upon others, and apply their intelligence and powers of observation to decode the attitudes and intentions of others. The vast majority of women can be very good hunters as well. Reading someone's looks and using your intuition gives you an advantage, personally, privately and publicly.

Being alert and aware is important and exchanging glances is often playful flirting. Sometimes, impressions and expressions mean something more, while other times it's nothing and quickly forgotten. Sometimes, a man (or a woman) will try to commit to memory the beauty in his (or her) field of vision.

I try to notice things that happen all around me, but I'm not always as affected by the emotions of others. People like me feel it is important to be perceptive and we want to pick up on the details. However, sometimes we have a self-serving bias and sometimes even the obvious is not so obvious. Some people are very closely guarded - for various personal reasons. People also have prejudices and some are more curious than others, while others who are guarded and uncomfortable with such glances quickly make their feelings known. Some use alot of conjecture and imagine things (which are nothing more than assumptions) and others seem to be able to read things right in almost any light without allowing others to realize that they are being checked out.

Some will look right through you, past you, or look down upon you for reasons of ego and status. I think that most don't like the feeling of being watched, but when we are interested, that's our nature.

----------
The world needs more role models instead of more critics.

Last edited by Archer on 09/03/06 at 10:35 PM

posted: 10/02/06 at 12:16 AM

qhm  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
If you're interested and you want to know if he's interested, then the best way to find out is to ask him.

A glance isn't much to hang your hat on. About the only thing you can say for sure is that he glances at you -- OK, he glances a lot. But it could be for any number of reasons... Maybe he thinks you're pretty... Maybe he just happens to be looking in your general direction whenever you notice him... Maybe he's looking at someone behind you... Or maybe he wonders if you know you have a booger hanging from your nose... It could literally be anything.

----------
井の中の蛙大海を知らず。

posted: 10/03/06 at 5:52 AM
pondman  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
quote:
Originally posted by ImABarbieGrl
They were looks and he turned his head around and looked right at me and smiled. Then turned the other way. It was then I knew, HE knew I liked him.t night.

He probably thinks you are hot. I normally glance at a woman I think is hot. I wouldn't want to stare, because it would make them uncomfortable.

Last edited by pondman on 10/04/06 at 6:07 AM

Notice: Use this form ONLY if you are already a member! New users, register for free here!
Notice: This is our quick reply form, for all reply options such as smilies, HTML and more, click here!
Fast Reply:
Your User Name:    Want to register?
Your Password:    Forgotten your password?
Subject: (Optional)
Show Signature: include your profile signature.
 Notice: By submitting to this site, you agree to these terms of use.
Forum Options:
· Save this topic to my favorites (subscribed)!

· Email this topic to a friend!
Rate This Thread:

Back To: Lovingyou.com > Love Advice & Tips > Ask A Male > If A Guy Repeatedly Glances At You?

LOVINGYOU.COM SITE MAP
LOVE:  Communication | Affairs | Dating | Getting Serious | Getting Married | Break Ups | Loving Yourself | Support Groups | Dear Love
ROMANCE:  Romance 101 | Ideas | Date Nights | Recipes for Two | Romantic Travel | Craft Ideas | Holidays & Celebrations
PASSION:  Lovemaking 101 | Passion Play | Loverotica | Ask Aphrodite | Pillow Talk
INSPIRATION:  Love Poetry | Love Letters | Love Quotes | Love Stories | Dedications | Printables | Lovescopes | eCards
   Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Writer's Guidelines | Suggestions

Lovingyou.com, Inc.SM All rights reserved.

Message board powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000, 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

SheKnows Lifestyles