A collection of love, romance and relationships resources including advice, poetry, quotes, dedications, chat, horoscopes, romantic ideas, message boards, free love postcards and much more!!
What's New Today on LYC...
Monthly Romance Calendar
Forum Quick Links:   Forum Home   |   My Home Page   |   My Inbox   |   My Calendar   |   Find Members   |   FAQ   |   Terms  
Popular Forums:   LYC Chat   |   Love Advice   |   Sexually Speaking   |   Military Spouses   |   Online Romance   |   Ask A Male   |   LDR   |   Holidays  
Lovingyou.com > Love Advice & Tips > Ask A Male > men pleasing women
men pleasing women posted: 08/07/06 at 2:23 PM

mattey8989  [more]
IP: Logged
 Group: Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
why do some men insist on keeping exs close even if their kids are grown. mine loves to keep his close and brags when other women flirt with him. why do men share this with their current wife or a gf? and why would they want things this way?

click to: respond to this topic

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 08/07/06 at 8:00 PM

Class  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
All men don't. I distance myself from my ex's. I find being around them and having to acknowledge them uncomfortable. As far as the bragging about other woman flirting, most men exaggerate that a bit to inflate their ego. Telling our significant other about this is a play to get you to step up the action, appreciation, or something that we feel is missing. BUT, we aren't unique. Woman love attention from men just as much as us men like attenion from women.

It's funny. I'm not a flirter. I am personable but never inappropriate or suggestive. I don't spend more time than I should at work starring at women in the hallway or going out of my way to get to know them, like so many men do.... And guess what? Most women who don't know me think I'm stuck up! That is until they start working with me, and then eventually I'll always get the same comment which is, "before I started working with you I thought you were stuck up, now that I know you better I think you're a really good guy". Go figure.

Wanting to fit in, wanted to be wanted, wanting to be a part of the crowd and feel appreciated is a human need and a priority for all of us. The fact that he has to share how much (he thinks) he is important to other women with you, suggests that he needs something more from you. It's kind of like this, "all these other women like me" (thats the part he says), then silent finish of that sentence is "so why don't you?".

Next time he says it, tell him you'll make a deal with him. Ask him if he can pinpoint what he is missing from you in the relationship you two have that causes him to have to bring up how appreciative other women are of him, then you'll try to provide it. In return what you want from him is that he stops bringing up how much other women like him to you.

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 08/21/06 at 2:49 PM

mattey8989  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
thanks=great advice!

Notice: Use this form ONLY if you are already a member! New users, register for free here!
Notice: This is our quick reply form, for all reply options such as smilies, HTML and more, click here!
Fast Reply:
Your User Name:    Want to register?
Your Password:    Forgotten your password?
Subject: (Optional)
Show Signature: include your profile signature.
 Notice: By submitting to this site, you agree to these terms of use.
Forum Options:
· Save this topic to my favorites (subscribed)!

· Email this topic to a friend!
Rate This Thread:

Back To: Lovingyou.com > Love Advice & Tips > Ask A Male > men pleasing women

LOVINGYOU.COM SITE MAP
LOVE:  Communication | Affairs | Dating | Getting Serious | Getting Married | Break Ups | Loving Yourself | Support Groups | Dear Love
ROMANCE:  Romance 101 | Ideas | Date Nights | Recipes for Two | Romantic Travel | Craft Ideas | Holidays & Celebrations
PASSION:  Lovemaking 101 | Passion Play | Loverotica | Ask Aphrodite | Pillow Talk
INSPIRATION:  Love Poetry | Love Letters | Love Quotes | Love Stories | Dedications | Printables | Lovescopes | eCards
   Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Writer's Guidelines | Suggestions

Lovingyou.com, Inc.SM All rights reserved.

Message board powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000, 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

SheKnows Lifestyles