A collection of love, romance and relationships resources including advice, poetry, quotes, dedications, chat, horoscopes, romantic ideas, message boards, free love postcards and much more!!
What's New Today on LYC...
Monthly Romance Calendar
Forum Quick Links:   Forum Home   |   My Home Page   |   My Inbox   |   My Calendar   |   Find Members   |   FAQ   |   Terms  
Popular Forums:   LYC Chat   |   Love Advice   |   Sexually Speaking   |   Military Spouses   |   Online Romance   |   Ask A Male   |   LDR   |   Holidays  
Lovingyou.com > Relationship Support > Multicultural Romance > (Need suggestions from WF) Have you ever dated Asian guys?
(Need suggestions from WF) Have you ever dated Asian guys? Smile posted: 06/12/06 at 4:48 PM
yungchih  [more]
IP: Logged
 Group: New Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
Girls, have you ever dated Asian guys before?

What's reason to let you try to do it?

How did it go? How do you like it ( the relationship) so far? is it Good? or sucked?

Where is (was) your date from? ( which country?)
Taller and bigger then you ? or similar size as your size?

Why do you feel Asian men are attractive? Physically? or mentally?

What's the biggest problem between you two?

What kind of behavior or hobby that could bother you the most? (drawbacks)

How do you think about the stereotype of myth to Asian men? ( small penis, sexist, non-Romatic lover, boring, etc.....)

What's the most differnt between a AM and a WM when you date?

What's the different between a AM and a WM when you have sex with?

I'd like to know some feedback from girls who has had the experience of dating a AM ,or who's still datting now or who's going to go that in the future.

Thank you very much.

Attachment: fort san domingo.jpg
This has been downloaded 294 time(s).

click to: respond to this topic

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 06/28/06 at 3:45 AM
dokidoki  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
No one has replied yet? I'll do my best to answer your questions as well as I can ^^ well I'm a white British female and my boyfriend is Japanese - we've been together about 5 months. (I seem to be writing this a lot at the moment!)

The relationship so far is AMAZING. He went back home for six weeks but he came back and things are just great. He's an exchange student so soon he has to go home. He's about an inch taller than me - a great disney difference ^^ with typical Asian features, if you can call it that, brown eyes, ebony hair, beautiful eyes, did I mention that? They are just so beautiful! Almond shape *_* <--- beautiful eyes. I didn't find him attractive for the first month I knew him but he is very handsome. It seems a lot of my friends don't feel the same about Japanese men, however.

Mentally/Personality wise he's shy unless you know him very well, and he often gets annoyed by the fact he can't express his humour well in English compared to japanese - it's one of his annoyances, even though he's humourous in English too. He doesn't like being affectionate in public really, which can be quite annoying sometimes when I want to be.

What's the biggest problem between us two? His lack of public affection and the fact in a month he'll be back in Japan for good and I don't want to give this relationship up - I'm ready for a LDR just like we did in the six weeks he went back home. Another problem is that he's too embarrassed to look me in the eye for a long period, he finds it embarrasing, also talking about his feelings is very rare unless he's drunk on alcohol or very drunk on love in certain situations. He gets embarrassed about it.

How do you think about the stereotype of myth to Asian men? ( small penis, sexist, non-Romatic lover, boring, etc.....) -> I don't agree at all. Of course it takes privacy to see a lot of their beautiful sides. My BF is very affectionate when we're alone together. But its hard to be in public and see him distance himself slightly. I think when we're in Japan it'll be more so than now in England. It might be tough. As for the *ahem* small penis, even though he told me Japanese men are smaller himself I wouldn't know because...um..he's my first boyfriend...and I only recently lost my virginity to him...

Did that help any? Surely there are other ladies with Asian Men on the board...?

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 06/30/06 at 9:18 PM
kaus  [more]
 Group: Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
My boyfriend is from Singapore, but he has lived in my country, Australia for over 15 years. We have been dating for around 7 months. Currently, we're in a LDR because he's over the other side of country due to certain circumstances.

Our relationship is amazing. We connect in a way that I can't even begin to explain. We're just so happy together.
I'm attracted to him in every way. I know that a lot of females probably wouldn't find him physically attractive, but that doesn't matter to me. I find him attractive, both physically and mentally. He's extremely sensitive and kind-hearted and he always shows me nothing but the utmost respect.

I think the biggest problem would be the reaction I get from people when they find out I'm dating an asian male. It really irritates me that some people can't accept it. I don't finding being with him any different from white males I've dated in the past, in fact, I'm happier with him than I've been with anyone else I've ever been with. The other big problem with our relationship is that it is currently long distance. But, we visit one another as much as possible, and hopefully at the end of the year, one of us will be moving so that we can finally make the transition from long distance to short distance.

I don't agree with ANY stereotypes at all. I don't think that a person can be judged based on their race.. it's just too hard to confine a wide group of individuals to a certain code of behaviour based on race.

The racial difference doesn't bother me at all. The only thing that matters is I love him very much. I think that if two people are able to connect emotionally, physically and mentally in a way that suits them, then nothing else should matter..

posted: 07/05/06 at 4:21 AM

Singblueeyes  [more]
 Group: Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
I just married my Asian man...*grin*....and he's EVERYTHING I ever wanted....smart, sweet, steady, funny and responsible. He treats me like a princess and protects me, even if I don't need it..LOL...
Now..as far as dating....I've MOSTLY (but not exclusively) dated AM throughout my life. I prefer the look of AM...very, very much physically attracted to them...but, like all men of all cultures, there are good ones and bad ones. I've managed to meet the best and worst of the bunch over the years, I think.... (err...and as for the old 'penis' myth...I do believe I have enough *ahem* experience...to say it's a big, old load of bullpuckies....I've seen the full range from 'umm, hello?' to "OMFG, back up with that thing!!')
Now, I'm a big girl, so most AM are smaller, slighter than me....but i have dated a fella from Japan who was 6'3" and very, very well built....I've also dated a fellow who was 5'3" and also well built..in many....many ways...LOL
Now, my husband probably isn't the most romantic of men, but he does show me how much he loves me in a lot of very real ways - and in the most important way - by supporting me in life, encouraging me to take chances, and making me feel safe enough to do so....THe fact that he happens to be a very, very yummy Chinese man...well, that's just icing

----------
Sing's Blue Eyes
http://photos.yahoo.com/singblueeyes

posted: 07/17/06 at 9:28 AM
yungchih  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
woow...thanks for girls to share so many amazing stories in this topics. So, we could figure out the myth of so many stereotype of Asian image were from the movies or media.....
Most of them could be not so true.....because it still depends on different individual and case.

So, AM could still attract to WF from their appearance,right?
And I do believe that maybe AM can't be so straightforward to express their love in the public to WF. Maybe because of shy or language problem. But, their emotion or love are the same strong as WM or BM. And I know most of them have the sense of responsibility to a family and their second part more then others.
Don't you think so?

i love my asian fiancee Talking posted: 07/23/06 at 2:14 AM
sherriandjuf  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
my fiancee is asian and i am italian and i love him to death right now he is in singapore for military reasons but i will see him in october when i fly down there and then again in december when he comes back home and then in january i am moving with him to singapore until he serves his 3 years and then we are moving back to the states.

he is such an amazing person and i love him to death we are getting married in december when he comes back and i cant wait because i will be marrying the man of my dreams.

we havent even got to meet in person yet but thats dosent matter we are still very much in love with each other and i love him to death and there isnt anything that i wouldnt do for him and that he wouldnt do for me.

he is my other half, my world, just everything and i dont care what anybody says about us being a different orientation i love him with all of my heart and soul.

----------
sherri

posted: 07/24/06 at 5:24 PM
yungchih  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
sounds good))) so romantic story.......would you mind to share some pictures?

posted: 07/24/06 at 11:41 PM

Belletenshi  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
WHAAAAAAAAA!!!!-_-;

Ok, it is the second day of class, wish me luck as I pursue my Korean flame!!!!
I am so happy ( a little jealous) of all u happy going couples!
and to the british girl, I had the same experience with a freind that dated a japanese guy!
I dont get it! when I was on the train, there alot of lovey dovey couples that werent afraid to kiss or anything( pissed me off, since I was the only girl without a guy on the train at the time)
but yea!
happy for you two!!!
uish me laukku!!

----------
why did God make us all so different, if he wanted us to be the same?

posted: 07/25/06 at 8:45 AM
sherriandjuf  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
well we dont have any pictures together yet since we havent met but i will give you my myspace link and his so you can see what he looks like my myspace is http://www.myspace.com/19790607
and then his myspace is http://www.myspace.com/jufrydouglas

----------
sherri

posted: 07/25/06 at 1:00 PM
bellabee  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I'm a WF who just started dating an Asian male.. and i'm crazy about him! Always secretly thought asians were cute but not a huge population in my area. He is almost 6 feet tall and I am five foot 1, so as with most guys there is a height difference. He has a slim frame and I am on the voluptuous side (not fat!) We haven't slept together yet but he is an amazing kisser and seems to know exactly when to make the moves! I love his voice... I have no idea what anyone is talking about when they say AM's are not romantic because he is ridiculously so. So sweet. I'm hoping this works out!

More On Page: (1) 2 »

Notice: Use this form ONLY if you are already a member! New users, register for free here!
Notice: This is our quick reply form, for all reply options such as smilies, HTML and more, click here!
Fast Reply:
Your User Name:    Want to register?
Your Password:    Forgotten your password?
Subject: (Optional)
Show Signature: include your profile signature.
 Notice: By submitting to this site, you agree to these terms of use.
Forum Options:
· Save this topic to my favorites (subscribed)!

· Email this topic to a friend!
Rate This Thread:

Back To: Lovingyou.com > Relationship Support > Multicultural Romance > (Need suggestions from WF) Have you ever dated Asian guys?

LOVINGYOU.COM SITE MAP
LOVE:  Communication | Affairs | Dating | Getting Serious | Getting Married | Break Ups | Loving Yourself | Support Groups | Dear Love
ROMANCE:  Romance 101 | Ideas | Date Nights | Recipes for Two | Romantic Travel | Craft Ideas | Holidays & Celebrations
PASSION:  Lovemaking 101 | Passion Play | Loverotica | Ask Aphrodite | Pillow Talk
INSPIRATION:  Love Poetry | Love Letters | Love Quotes | Love Stories | Dedications | Printables | Lovescopes | eCards
   Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Writer's Guidelines | Suggestions

Lovingyou.com, Inc.SM All rights reserved.

Message board powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000, 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

SheKnows Lifestyles