A collection of love, romance and relationships resources including advice, poetry, quotes, dedications, chat, horoscopes, romantic ideas, message boards, free love postcards and much more!!
What's New Today on LYC...
Monthly Romance Calendar
Forum Quick Links:   Forum Home   |   My Home Page   |   My Inbox   |   My Calendar   |   Find Members   |   FAQ   |   Terms  
Popular Forums:   LYC Chat   |   Love Advice   |   Sexually Speaking   |   Military Spouses   |   Online Romance   |   Ask A Male   |   LDR   |   Holidays  
Lovingyou.com > Relationship Support > Multicultural Romance > African American & East Indian Couples
African American & East Indian Couples Post posted: 05/04/06 at 7:19 AM

Diva2NV  [more]
IP: Logged
 Group: New Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
Hello all!

My name is DeeDee, I'm 22 yrs old & dating an East Indian man for 2yrs. I was online 2 weeks ago looking for a Black woman who is in a relationship with an Indian man like myself. Its very Hard to find Black women who are involved in relationships with Indian men. My title/thread I wrote 2 weeks ago was (AFRICAN AMERICAN & EAST INDIAN) & no one responded? that's weird. Any black females dating Indian men out there besides me? If so Please email me of write me on here, this is my first online chatting experince.

Take care, & Hope to hear from someone soon!
DeeDee

----------
~~Be happy & Smile at someone, cuz ya never no when that smile might pay off~~

Quote, by *ME* miss Deelicious Diva 2 NV

Last edited by Diva2NV on 05/09/06 at 9:44 AM

click to: respond to this topic

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 08/06/06 at 7:54 AM

BreLee  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
What were your dating relationships like dating Indian men. I have been with my guy for about 3 years and its not like dating American men. We talk at least every other day over a variety of different things. I know his parents, brother, aunts, uncles, etc. The women in his family bring me Indian food, go shopping with me and bring me gifts back from India. BUT, he and I have not gone out and spent personal time with each other. Sometimes I think I make him nervous. He tells me not to give up on him but he tells me to be patient when I ask where this is going. What are your experiences with dating customs? I don't understand him.

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 08/22/06 at 5:10 AM

Get-Allied  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I am an African American female(24) dating East Indian. Dee dee Holla

chrisadex@yahoo.com

----------
The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority.

posted: 08/22/06 at 1:18 PM
abeckwith27  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Well, Hello everyone. I'm African american and married to a wonderful East Indian man. Recently spent two and a half months in India and thankfully my experience has been a positive one all the way around. I have a mother-in-law that I absolutely adore and his family has accepted me with open arms. Our experience should offer anyone hope. Not only am I black but I was also divorced with five year old twins when my husband and I married. I was everything a typical Indian mother would not want for her son. Fortunately my mother in law is not typical. My huband had never been married before and had turned down several arranged marriages because he wanted a marriage based on love rather than convienence and preservation of culture. I know it's sometimes hard to post all of your business on a public arena like this one so if any of you want information or support feel fee to email me at trulyatreasure@hotmail.com. Just know that because I've lived in the culture and I generally know who they feel about us, I'm going to be blunt in honesty about why they don't often accept relationships such as ours. Skin tone is HUGE over there and the darker the skin tone the worst you are treated. Plus there is the added image of American women in general. Like I said if anyone wants info feel free to contact me. Good luck to all of you.

New Yahoo Group for Black/Asian Relationships posted: 08/30/06 at 11:00 AM
abeckwith27  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Hey just wanted to let all of you know I have now started a yahoo group for black and asian relationships. If you are interested you are more than welcome to join the group.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BlasianLovers

posted: 08/31/06 at 11:42 PM
India2  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I am a African American female 25yrs old and dating a East Indian. HOLLLAAAAA

WHAT?! Angry posted: 09/06/06 at 4:29 AM

plaribus  [more]
 Group: Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
quote:
Originally posted by abeckwith27
Well, Hello everyone. I'm African american and married to a wonderful East Indian man. Recently spent two and a half months in India and thankfully my experience has been a positive one all the way around. I have a mother-in-law that I absolutely adore and his family has accepted me with open arms. Our experience should offer anyone hope. Not only am I black but I was also divorced with five year old twins when my husband and I married. I was everything a typical Indian mother would not want for her son. Fortunately my mother in law is not typical. My huband had never been married before and had turned down several arranged marriages because he wanted a marriage based on love rather than convienence and preservation of culture. I know it's sometimes hard to post all of your business on a public arena like this one so if any of you want information or support feel fee to email me at trulyatreasure@hotmail.com. Just know that because I've lived in the culture and I generally know who they feel about us, I'm going to be blunt in honesty about why they don't often accept relationships such as ours. Skin tone is HUGE over there and the darker the skin tone the worst you are treated. Plus there is the added image of American women in general. Like I said if anyone wants info feel free to contact me. Good luck to all of you.

Did I read correctly when you said that the darker you are the worse you are treated?! Are we talking Asian or Indian? Please, someone, anyone clarify this for me because I'm having a problem dealing with the pot calling the kettle black (most black folk on here will understand what I mean.)

----------
"Pain is weakness leaving the body." - USMC

posted: 09/06/06 at 6:41 AM
India2  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Yes it is true!!!! I have not been to India (yet) personally however, my boyfriend who is East India has told me sad sad stories about the skin color issue in India. The darker you are the worse off you are unless you come from MONEY. ITS VERY SAD. and yes I am a african american female! They view blk ppl more less as lazy, and so forth its horrible.

posted: 09/06/06 at 6:42 AM
India2  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
I am very lucky to have my boyfriend who is East India and is very very open minded.

indian gurl wid a african man Smile posted: 10/06/06 at 12:22 PM
indian87  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
hey sup yall well to start off i am east indian from india(bombay) and i have a nigerian(african) bf, i like him for who he is, charismatic personality and his cocoa skin color.i am gettin to kno his culture and last yr i took part in da african culture show, juz to get acquainted wid his culture, dis yr imma make him indian for diwali .. i cant wait to see him in indian traditional outfits!! he is da best ting happened to me... hes so decent and sincere i cudnt have asked for more and i hope our relationship cuz i wud be damned if i loose him!! its just one of those things i met him through a best friend and i never thought i wud be in a relationship wid him here i am after 8 months of friendship i have officially started dating him but the thing is me being indian my parents expect to date anything except black. i dont kno but it will be hard to make them realise that love is beyond skin color or race or culture and as for ppl looking down at me wen i take him bak (if hypothetically speaking) we get married i cud care less cuz i am gettin married to him not to the society full of ignorant and close minded people, but i am debating on whether i shud tell my parents its been a month and it feels like a bliss with him and mind you he is a young educated black man he comes from a very gud educated family and he is gettin himself educated at a university so its not like i picked up a bum from the streets .. here i am in luv wid a man dat i am afraid my parents wudnt approve of .. ny comments please free to reply .. maybe we can talk since we r in similar situaions!

Notice: Use this form ONLY if you are already a member! New users, register for free here!
Notice: This is our quick reply form, for all reply options such as smilies, HTML and more, click here!
Fast Reply:
Your User Name:    Want to register?
Your Password:    Forgotten your password?
Subject: (Optional)
Show Signature: include your profile signature.
 Notice: By submitting to this site, you agree to these terms of use.
Forum Options:
· Save this topic to my favorites (subscribed)!

· Email this topic to a friend!
Rate This Thread:

Back To: Lovingyou.com > Relationship Support > Multicultural Romance > African American & East Indian Couples

LOVINGYOU.COM SITE MAP
LOVE:  Communication | Affairs | Dating | Getting Serious | Getting Married | Break Ups | Loving Yourself | Support Groups | Dear Love
ROMANCE:  Romance 101 | Ideas | Date Nights | Recipes for Two | Romantic Travel | Craft Ideas | Holidays & Celebrations
PASSION:  Lovemaking 101 | Passion Play | Loverotica | Ask Aphrodite | Pillow Talk
INSPIRATION:  Love Poetry | Love Letters | Love Quotes | Love Stories | Dedications | Printables | Lovescopes | eCards
   Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Writer's Guidelines | Suggestions

Lovingyou.com, Inc.SM All rights reserved.

Message board powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000, 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

SheKnows Lifestyles