A collection of love, romance and relationships resources including advice, poetry, quotes, dedications, chat, horoscopes, romantic ideas, message boards, free love postcards and much more!!
What's New Today on LYC...
Monthly Romance Calendar
Forum Quick Links:   Forum Home   |   My Home Page   |   My Inbox   |   My Calendar   |   Find Members   |   FAQ   |   Terms  
Popular Forums:   LYC Chat   |   Love Advice   |   Sexually Speaking   |   Military Spouses   |   Online Romance   |   Ask A Male   |   LDR   |   Holidays  
Lovingyou.com > Love Advice & Tips > Love Advice > Feeling unloved and unappreciated
Feeling unloved and unappreciated Unhappy posted: 08/25/05 at 12:07 AM
simon86  [more]
IP: Logged
 Group: New Member 
Make Buddy |
Hello Everyone,

I had posted a similar situation in ask a female so here is my story and any advice would be appreciated. I met my girlfriend online we have been together for two months now. Everything is great we have fun together, spend as much time as we can together without negelecting our familes and friends outside of each other. We have sex when we are together and this just recently started. My concern is that I have gone out of my way to show her that I love her as far as cards, gifts, flowers. I send her ecards telling her I love her everynight she works. She tells me she loves me but does nothing to show me that she loves me and I have stopped with the cards and gifts and it has not even seemed to phase her. I buy every time when we go out always drive to her house which is an hour away and always drive when we go out. She has never once offered to pay for anything or to come to my house. I just feel like I am being used and that she does not really love me as she says she does. She is very affectionate with me and does seem to care about me but I think that I sometimes am just blinded by her. I have not talked with her about this as I am afraid she will get mad at me and want to end things. I love this woman with all my heart but I do not feel like she loves me and I am feeling unappreciated for everything that I have done for her. any advice for me? Thank you.

click to: respond to this topic

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 08/25/05 at 12:16 AM

mommaof2  [more]
 Group: Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
I'm a bit old fashion, and I believe that the man should make the moves and court you, I also believe when on a date the men,should pay. I dont think she is using you, I just think that we think alike, I mean every guy I dated chased me and bought me things and was a perfect gentlemen, I mean sure she could buy you a sweet card or something but ultimately in the USA, the men always wined and dined their dates, some were gentlemen about it, some expected something in return(sex), but I see nothing wrong in her behavior, I mean she shows you affection, and shows you how much she cares, now granted, I think you two had sex way to early but thats only my opinion. but honestly I think your making a big deal about nothing, but if it does bother you talk to her..

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 08/25/05 at 12:16 AM

Sparkkle  [more]
 Group: New Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
Are you giving her gifts expecting gifts in return? When we give, it should be from the heart with no strings attached. You said she is very affectionate and says she loves you.... what other proof do you need? Material things?

Notice: Use this form ONLY if you are already a member! New users, register for free here!
Notice: This is our quick reply form, for all reply options such as smilies, HTML and more, click here!
Fast Reply:
Your User Name:    Want to register?
Your Password:    Forgotten your password?
Subject: (Optional)
Show Signature: include your profile signature.
 Notice: By submitting to this site, you agree to these terms of use.
Forum Options:
· Save this topic to my favorites (subscribed)!

· Email this topic to a friend!
Rate This Thread:

Back To: Lovingyou.com > Love Advice & Tips > Love Advice > Feeling unloved and unappreciated

LOVINGYOU.COM SITE MAP
LOVE:  Communication | Affairs | Dating | Getting Serious | Getting Married | Break Ups | Loving Yourself | Support Groups | Dear Love
ROMANCE:  Romance 101 | Ideas | Date Nights | Recipes for Two | Romantic Travel | Craft Ideas | Holidays & Celebrations
PASSION:  Lovemaking 101 | Passion Play | Loverotica | Ask Aphrodite | Pillow Talk
INSPIRATION:  Love Poetry | Love Letters | Love Quotes | Love Stories | Dedications | Printables | Lovescopes | eCards
   Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Writer's Guidelines | Suggestions

Lovingyou.com, Inc.SM All rights reserved.

Message board powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000, 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

SheKnows Lifestyles