A collection of love, romance and relationships resources including advice, poetry, quotes, dedications, chat, horoscopes, romantic ideas, message boards, free love postcards and much more!!
What's New Today on LYC...
Monthly Romance Calendar
Forum Quick Links:   Forum Home   |   My Home Page   |   My Inbox   |   My Calendar   |   Find Members   |   FAQ   |   Terms  
Popular Forums:   LYC Chat   |   Love Advice   |   Sexually Speaking   |   Military Spouses   |   Online Romance   |   Ask A Male   |   LDR   |   Holidays  
Lovingyou.com > Love Advice & Tips > Ask A Female > How do I make him care again?
How do I make him care again? posted: 11/12/04 at 7:06 AM

MyJadedSpiri  [more]
IP: Logged
 Group: New Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
Ok, maybe not caring is slightly strong.

My boyfriend has seemingly given up on impressing me. Granted, we get into fights over me paying for too much. But appearance or gift wise, it doesn't happen anymore. I'm not materialistic, but it makes me feel kind of lonely to see everyone get flowers and such.

Before we dated, he took me out for my 17 birthday (during his 5 month wait to date me), after my boyfriend had ditched me. He brought me flowers, he was dressed really nice, we went to the art museum, he took me to a nice restaurant, he took me to Comedy Sportz, and then to a nice cafe to relax.

He tried hard to impress me, buying clothes that he only wore once (I'm usually referred to as 'goth', and having a liking in those guys, he attempted it), he let me bleach his hair and dye it bright red, which somehow turned out pink the next day, he bought me a playstation 2 and Final Fantasy 10 (I'm a gamer girl), all in a matter of months.

Now I turned 18, and for my birthday, I saw him and we saw a movie and ate. It was nice, but I was hoping to at least get a card from him. I hate him spending SO much money on me, but I hoped he'd email me with something sweet or whatever, unfortunately he didnt. I've known him for a year now, do you only get pretty things after you're married??

Meela

----------
I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just gonna ask where they're going and meet up with them later. - Mitch Hedberg

click to: respond to this topic

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 11/12/04 at 8:16 AM

grlnextdoor  [more]
IP: Logged
 Group: Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
i THINK you guys are in the comfort zone, usually guys stop being nice or caring or trying to impress their grlfriends..

jUST BASED on my experience and friends.

----------
Im not perfect but im beautiful

You've got to dance like nobody's watching, and love like its never going to hurt.

click to: respond to this topic

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse

Notice: Use this form ONLY if you are already a member! New users, register for free here!
Notice: This is our quick reply form, for all reply options such as smilies, HTML and more, click here!
Fast Reply:
Your User Name:    Want to register?
Your Password:    Forgotten your password?
Subject: (Optional)
Show Signature: include your profile signature.
 Notice: By submitting to this site, you agree to these terms of use.
Forum Options:
· Save this topic to my favorites (subscribed)!

· Email this topic to a friend!
Rate This Thread:

Back To: Lovingyou.com > Love Advice & Tips > Ask A Female > How do I make him care again?

LOVINGYOU.COM SITE MAP
LOVE:  Communication | Affairs | Dating | Getting Serious | Getting Married | Break Ups | Loving Yourself | Support Groups | Dear Love
ROMANCE:  Romance 101 | Ideas | Date Nights | Recipes for Two | Romantic Travel | Craft Ideas | Holidays & Celebrations
PASSION:  Lovemaking 101 | Passion Play | Loverotica | Ask Aphrodite | Pillow Talk
INSPIRATION:  Love Poetry | Love Letters | Love Quotes | Love Stories | Dedications | Printables | Lovescopes | eCards
   Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Writer's Guidelines | Suggestions

Lovingyou.com, Inc.SM All rights reserved.

Message board powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000, 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

SheKnows Lifestyles