A collection of love, romance and relationships resources including advice, poetry, quotes, dedications, chat, horoscopes, romantic ideas, message boards, free love postcards and much more!!
What's New Today on LYC...
Monthly Romance Calendar
Forum Quick Links:   Forum Home   |   My Home Page   |   My Inbox   |   My Calendar   |   Find Members   |   FAQ   |   Terms  
Popular Forums:   LYC Chat   |   Love Advice   |   Sexually Speaking   |   Military Spouses   |   Online Romance   |   Ask A Male   |   LDR   |   Holidays  
Lovingyou.com > Relationship Support > Multicultural Romance > I want an interracial relationship
Who want to date someone of a different race
Me, I am all for it
I already am
i am not a rascist but no thank you.
View Results [Edit Poll (moderators only)]
I want an interracial relationship Smile posted: 07/24/08 at 2:19 PM

Joqaila  [more]
IP: Logged
 Group: New Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
I am african american.(not really i am creole) anyway i don't see what the big deal is. God put us on this earth to love each other and not to hate things we don't understand. I love people of different races. I am extemely attracteed to guys of a different race. I love my race but i seem to be more compatible with people who are white.do you think i am crazy

----------
Peace and Love

Last edited by Joqaila on 08/14/08 at 12:35 PM

click to: respond to this topic

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 07/25/08 at 2:25 AM
Milledp08  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
No, I believe that it may be an attempt on your part to assimilate or lighten your line, since creoles have traditionally done this to distance themselves from their African heritage. I dream of marrying a man, perferably one who is Black as I am. IR relationships based on love are fine but you are seeking out a white male and this is an indication of some form of self hatred or a quest for social acceptance. I don't think its a dream at all but a desire.

Options: Reply To Topic | Start New Topic | Edit Message | Quote Message | Report Abuse
posted: 07/25/08 at 3:03 AM

Lemon Pie  [more]
 Group: Member 
Make Buddy | PM User
I agree with Milledp08. I was thinking the same thing. You need to analyze why you purposely seek white men. I'm a tan Hispanic woman and hope to share my life with a man that accepts me with my virtues and flaws. The fantasy about marrying a white man will wear off IF you find out you guys are not compatible. What I'm saying is, don't just stick with a man just because of his color. What if he happens to be English AND an a**hole? I don't think you are crazy. However, it is immature to look for a mate just to "better one's race".

----------
Woah Woah Woah WOAH

You sit there in your heartache
Waiting on some beautiful boy to
To save you from your old ways
You play forgiveness
Watch it now
Here he comes

He doesnt look a thing like Jesus
But he talks like a gentleman
Like you imagined
When you were young --The Killers

posted: 07/25/08 at 12:16 PM

missluvsalot  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Good grief, maybe she's just attracted to white men. Hey that's what this section is all about -- being candid and honest about preferences without getting slammed and whacked for being upfront and honest. We are all different and we all have different reasons for wanting to date anyone irregardless of whether or not they happen to share the same color, culture, race or whatever. I didn't pick up any reference to wanting to lighten the line which is pure bullshit. I pick up that she's simply attracted to europeans. And believe it or not you can still be prideful of your own race and date other folks. To answer your question OP, go for it. :-) You can date whomever you want. That said be prepared for experiencing ignorance regarding your multi-cultural romance. It still prevails in 2008.

posted: 07/25/08 at 3:38 PM
Milledp08  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Assuming that missluvsalot is not an African American or a minority period I'm just going to suggest that she get to her nearest library and study creole history and then correct her ignorant and profane response to my comment. No one is simply exclusively attracted to people who don't look like them. Additionally, this section is not just about expressing your interest in IR relationships but also dealing with issue of social acceptance regarding them. Perhaps you didn't read that. This is reality. You can date whoever you want but simply purusing people of other races and excluding your own is a serious sign of self hatred. Its 2008 and we are still realistic about IR romances that is why they are still being discussed because they are the minority in terms of the total number of relationships.Oh, and just because you didnt "pick something up doesnt mean its not there.That's the beauty of interpretation.

posted: 07/26/08 at 7:51 AM

Lemon Pie  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
To the OP: In your profile you said you hate racism. Isn't excluding your own race to date considered racism? I think so, pretty much. Moreover, it seems you are so set in your views. Hmmm... a bit hypocritical to me.

----------
Woah Woah Woah WOAH

You sit there in your heartache
Waiting on some beautiful boy to
To save you from your old ways
You play forgiveness
Watch it now
Here he comes

He doesnt look a thing like Jesus
But he talks like a gentleman
Like you imagined
When you were young --The Killers

to the people who misunderstood me Exclamation posted: 07/26/08 at 9:03 AM

Joqaila  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
If anyone is thinkiing i hate myself or i hate my own race THAT IS SO NOT TRUE! I love myself and i love my family. I think i have beautiful skin and so does my family. I just am more attracted to a different race. I am very attracted to black guys too, But where i live , you wouldn't be attractd to them either if the ones in your community had no respect for you or themselves. You can go to Missisissippi and have a look. See if you would like to date one.I respect myself and my family too much to bring home some guy who is only wanting one thng from me.

----------
Peace and Love

posted: 07/26/08 at 9:33 AM

blondgrrl  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
quote:
Originally posted by Milledp08
No one is simply exclusively attracted to people who don't look like them.

Wow, talk about ignorant! The pot is calling the kettle black here.

I'm just going to re-post something I wrote in another thread- I think it perfectly refutes your outdated, and I might add, rather racist notion.

I personally go for Asian men- and I'm white. Often, we can not understand nor explain our attraction to people. Be it someone who likes blondes or someone who likes small breasts, we all have certain traits in the opposite sex that appeal to us. And if it just so happens that those traits are mostly shared by a certain race it does not mean it's self-hatred or a "fetish". I for one, really like slender, boyish men and have a strong preference for black hair/brown eyes- so naturally, I really go for, above all, Asian men. I am rarely if ever interested in typical blonde, blue-eyed white guys. It definitely doesn't mean I hate white people. I just have a preference for Asians, to the result that I date mostly Asian guys and have a Japanese boyfriend.

And there are a lot of people out there exactly like me.

No doubt there are some people who, in an attempt to reject their background and assimilate, chose to date/marry white people. But don't put words in the OP's mouth. If she says she is simply attracted to white guys, why should we disbelieve her, or even CARE?

Her preference is her preference....I'm all for mixing up the races! Screw your outdated stereotypes.

OP- go for it.

----------
“Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence.”
-Christopher Hitchens

posted: 07/27/08 at 1:28 PM

missluvsalot  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Hey Milledop, assumptions are a ***** aren't they? I'm black and my parents are both african american and african history scholars thank you very much. A little of their lessons did rub off on me I would hope. I've dated black, european, asian men, africans from the mother land and I still love my black ass and so do they! LOL. I also have folks in LA who are creole who don't participate in the nonsense you're referring to...so please give me a bleeping break. I know of what you're talking about, but I did not and still do not pick that up from the OP. That was my point. As long as you keep focusing on the paperbag test, the paperbag will have power over you. And even if it were true, hey that's her business and something that she'll have to reckon with later. Let it go. Sometimes "we" get in our own damn way too with our judgements and misconceptions -- living in the PAST! Today is today, a brand new day. Peace out.

Last edited by missluvsalot on 07/27/08 at 1:35 PM

posted: 07/28/08 at 12:20 PM

iluvmyjason  [more]
Make Buddy | PM User
Ever since I've dated a white guy 3 years ago, i've never dated someone in my own nationality. Filipino guys are great but I find American guys more affectionate and sweet, plus mixed babies are always tops!

More On Page: (1) 2 3 4 »

Notice: Use this form ONLY if you are already a member! New users, register for free here!
Notice: This is our quick reply form, for all reply options such as smilies, HTML and more, click here!
Fast Reply:
Your User Name:    Want to register?
Your Password:    Forgotten your password?
Subject: (Optional)
Show Signature: include your profile signature.
 Notice: By submitting to this site, you agree to these terms of use.
Forum Options:
· Save this topic to my favorites (subscribed)!

· Email this topic to a friend!
Rate This Thread:

Back To: Lovingyou.com > Relationship Support > Multicultural Romance > I want an interracial relationship

LOVINGYOU.COM SITE MAP
LOVE:  Communication | Affairs | Dating | Getting Serious | Getting Married | Break Ups | Loving Yourself | Support Groups | Dear Love
ROMANCE:  Romance 101 | Ideas | Date Nights | Recipes for Two | Romantic Travel | Craft Ideas | Holidays & Celebrations
PASSION:  Lovemaking 101 | Passion Play | Loverotica | Ask Aphrodite | Pillow Talk
INSPIRATION:  Love Poetry | Love Letters | Love Quotes | Love Stories | Dedications | Printables | Lovescopes | eCards
   Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Writer's Guidelines | Suggestions

Lovingyou.com, Inc.SM All rights reserved.

Message board powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000, 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

SheKnows Lifestyles